"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. This is what I wanted to know. Was not thinking it would be WORSE than a typical summer night. Thank you.

But are there projections on the castle during the fireworks show?

2019, yes there was. I loved it.

But are there projections on the castle during the fireworks show?

In 2019 they introduced a new fireworks show that included projections and a Jack Skellington puppet host on the castle stage. It's pretty cool looking although kinda small, it helps to be closer. It created more of a need to be in the hub to experience the "full" visuals of the show compared to the prior fireworks show. Of course, it's still a great fireworks display on its own so there are plenty of other places in the park to watch if one wants to avoid waiting / filling in the Hub.

I second the recommendation of behind the castle. If you don’t mind missing the projections, there is plenty of room back there with very few people, and you are surrounded by fireworks. We watched back there last year, and it was amazing.

I second the recommendation of behind the castle. If you don’t mind missing the projections, there is plenty of room back there with very few people, and you are surrounded by fireworks. We watched back there last year, and it was amazing.

This. It's the best kept (non)secret! Plus when you're done you have a bunch of ride choices sitting right in front of you feet away with little to no line. I remember last time we were there my wife and I were walking behind the castle and the fireworks started. As the show was ending we headed over toe Peter Pan with a 5 minute wait, then to Snow White, then to Pooh, and got all three done in about a half hour. It was awesome.

I highly recommend avoiding the huge crowd buildups, find your own spot, and make your own unique memory! You'll enjoy it more I promise.

Any recommendations for a pre-party meal? I was thinking Ohana as I've never been there and it's nice and close to MK, but it doesn't open for dinner until 3:30, and I was hoping to enter the park at 4PM.
For the past two years we've gone to the Kona Cafe around 2:00. It's easy to walk to the Poly after parking at the TTC and riding the monorail to the party is a breeze. I agree with the not-wasting-party-time-with-a-meal business. Those nights always seem to fly by so fast! We always have elaborate costumes so I welcome the nice air conditioned lunch before subjecting myself to the punishing August heat.

We've watched the fireworks from behind the castle before. If you're quick, sometimes you can get a table to sit and watch at Gaston's Tavern. Luxury!

If the coronavirus gets that bad and the park has to close, I guarantee you that Disney will refund your halloween party ticket...
:rolleyes2
There can still be related reasons why someone may not make it to the party besides Disney actually closing, and Disney's not going to refund you simply because you had to change your plans. :)

We plan on attending the party on Labor Day. Do you think it would be pretty crowded?

We are hoping for an after hours event instead! If they release one, we will skip the party.

We plan on attending the party on Labor Day. Do you think it would be pretty crowded?

We are hoping for an after hours event instead! If they release one, we will skip the party.
Last year is not a good guage since the hurricane came through that weekend, but we had been planning to attend the Labor Day party based on reports from prior years that this was a relatively uncrowded night. Though it’s a holiday, it’s still a school / work night.

Last year is not a good guage since the hurricane came through that weekend, but we had been planning to attend the Labor Day party based on reports from prior years that this was a relatively uncrowded night. Though it’s a holiday, it’s still a school / work night.
Yep, that was us too. Our party was originally Labor Day and we moved it to the Friday before because of Dorian. I didn't have any major concerns about it being super crowded when we originally planned for Labor Day. We tend to have a more relaxed touring strategy anyway.

I feel like a lot of people want to book the party with the expectation that it won't be crowded at all, and then get very upset when rides are not walk ons, there are crowds and you might have to stake out a spot for parade, fireworks and shows. There were a lot of posts last year about how much people hated the party, how crowded it was, etc. Expect it's going to be crowded and go with the attitude that it will be fun anyway. The days of sparsely attended parties are long gone, along with slow times of the year at WDW. BUT.... it is doable and you can have a lot of fun!

Yep, that was us too. Our party was originally Labor Day and we moved it to the Friday before because of Dorian. I didn't have any major concerns about it being super crowded when we originally planned for Labor Day. We tend to have a more relaxed touring strategy anyway.

I feel like a lot of people want to book the party with the expectation that it won't be crowded at all, and then get very upset when rides are not walk ons, there are crowds and you might have to stake out a spot for parade, fireworks and shows. There were a lot of posts last year about how much people hated the party, how crowded it was, etc. Expect it's going to be crowded and go with the attitude that it will be fun anyway. The days of sparsely attended parties are long gone, along with slow times of the year at WDW. BUT.... it is doable and you can have a lot of fun!
Exactly!! No matter which party you attend, any exclusive offerings (parade, fireworks, M&Gs, etc) are going to have crowds. Have a good plan and you’ll be fine!

hello there - my son and I are going for a mother/son trip this September to celebrate his 16th. He really wants to attend the MNSSHP while we are there as we have never gone. Our two party options are Labor Day or the Friday after Labor Day, September 11. Do you think one will be more crowded than the other? Would it be better to do the party towards the beginning or end of our trip?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Ack! My buddy that works "backstage" at Disney has seen all of the MNSSHP merchandise (and the new Trader Sams Halloween mug design). But of course he can't share details. Its killing me!

There can still be related reasons why someone may not make it to the party besides Disney actually closing, and Disney's not going to refund you simply because you had to change your plans. :)

I didn't say anything about changing plans. If you read what I wrote, I said "If they CLOSE THE PARK".

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter