• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

10k seems to be available again today, if anyone has been holding out hope.
Yup! I happened to check at the right time yesterday, got myself signed up for the 10K! It's the day I was planning to go home, so I'll probably extend a day and just drive home for class in the morning. First 10K! I'm really excited.

Last race I was staying on-property, this time I'll be off-site. Any tips, anyone? I heard traffic can be a mess. I plan to be there very early!

Yup! I happened to check at the right time yesterday, got myself signed up for the 10K! It's the day I was planning to go home, so I'll probably extend a day and just drive home for class in the morning. First 10K! I'm really excited.

Last race I was staying on-property, this time I'll be off-site. Any tips, anyone? I heard traffic can be a mess. I plan to be there very early!
You’ll need to drive to Epcot then take a bus to TTC I don’t know how that will go since I’ve always used in house transportation

You’ll need to drive to Epcot then take a bus to TTC I don’t know how that will go since I’ve always used in house transportation
Just leave early and you won't hit any traffic! I've stayed offsite on 192 and left my hotel 5-10 minutes before race buses began serving WDW resorts and saw maybe 5 cars on my way to EP. Parked, walked to the race shuttle bus line, and was on a bus to the start within 5 minutes. Easy!

I'm not physically able to participate in this marathon but will be at WDW during the event. Have the course routes be established yet and how can I avoid runners when I need to get to the Magic Kingdom during my stay.

I'm not physically able to participate in this marathon but will be at WDW during the event. Have the course routes be established yet and how can I avoid runners when I need to get to the Magic Kingdom during my stay.

Final route should be available towards the end of the month. If you want to get an idea of what it might be, look at last year's SW Rival Run and/or Wine & Dine Half. Don't go by the WDW & Princess Halfs. They are normally different than the SW and W&D.

Official maps are not out yet but based on last years courses the 10K and Half would start in the MK parking lot. If you take a bus to MK on Saturday or Sunday you shouldn't have much of an issue.

Southwest reduced some flight costs so I was able to re-book and get a credit. It might be worth checking for anyone else on Southwest :)

Sigh. If only SWA hadn't dropped their SJC-MCO nonstop...

As annoying as SFO is, it's still a lot easier on my head to go up to SFO and catch a nonstop than it is to transfer flights. Even if it means I have to fly United.

Final route should be available towards the end of the month. If you want to get an idea of what it might be, look at last year's SW Rival Run and/or Wine & Dine Half. Don't go by the WDW & Princess Halfs. They are normally different than the SW and W&D.
Thank you. Where should I look to see the final route?

Sigh. If only SWA hadn't dropped their SJC-MCO nonstop...

As annoying as SFO is, it's still a lot easier on my head to go up to SFO and catch a nonstop than it is to transfer flights. Even if it means I have to fly United.
I agree, I'd much rather go a little out of my way to find a direct flight.

Thanks for the Southwest heads up guys, just got a $148 credit! Anyone concerned about the possibility of cancellation due to Corona? FYI, I’m NOT a panic person, just the south by southwest cancellation has my radar up...

Thanks for the Southwest heads up guys, just got a $148 credit! Anyone concerned about the possibility of cancellation due to Corona? FYI, I’m NOT a panic person, just the south by southwest cancellation has my radar up...

So we have a DVC room booked on points and we are getting close to our 30 day window that we need to decide for sure what we are doing. I keep thinking it will be okay and honestly I am not concerned about me being to fight it off but I would hate to get it and spread it to others. I bet just one case in WDW and that will be a game changer for their policy. I don’t wish that in any way, but still debating on my strategy for these races where you are in a huge crowd for long periods of time. I am sure if it is cancelled, DVC will do something to help get our points back to normal, the airlines I am not worried about handling it and I am sure runDisney will do something for us.

So we have a DVC room booked on points and we are getting close to our 30 day window that we need to decide for sure what we are doing. I keep thinking it will be okay and honestly I am not concerned about me being to fight it off but I would hate to get it and spread it to others. I bet just one case in WDW and that will be a game changer for their policy. I don’t wish that in any way, but still debating on my strategy for these races where you are in a huge crowd for long periods of time. I am sure if it is cancelled, DVC will do something to help get our points back to normal, the airlines I am not worried about handling it and I am sure runDisney will do something for us.
I cancelled yesterday. Sorry not to run my first half marathon, dd is devastated. She was set to run the Kessel Challenge coupled with the virtual half. Dh has risk factors and we can’t chance a quarantine. Looking ahead and hoping we will run next year. I’m still going to run a half marathon at home on my own. I’ve worked so hard at training; want to say I’ve seen it through. Im hoping that at some point in the coming weeks, rundisney will offer some sort of concession—be it race deferral, money back...I don’t know. Something.

Last edited:
Here is are links to course maps at the USATF website. If they were changing the routes this year, they would have had to get it certified by now, so I think it is safe to plan on this.

5K: https://www.certifiedroadraces.com/certificate/?type=l&id=FL19031TY

10K: https://www.certifiedroadraces.com/certificate/?type=l&id=FL18074TY

Half Marathon: https://www.certifiedroadraces.com/certificate/?type=l&id=FL18075TY
I wouldn’t bet on the half being the same with EPCOT having so much construction...that exit will change

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter