"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The perk of this Halloween party as opposed to boo bash is free candy when "trick or treating"
Boo Bash had the candy/trick or treating as well as the ”free drinks, popcorn and ice cream. Also had a significantly limited number of tickets available at higher price than MNSSHP. Also very small parade and no special fireworks.

Just looked and saw that the first party on Friday, 8/12, is now sold out.

We’re going on the 9/11 party on a Sunday and are mostly concerned about our flight in. Is it risky doing a party on the day you’re flying in? Most definitely, but when you’re only doing a 1-day trip, you do what works lol

Just looked and saw that the first party on Friday, 8/12, is now sold out.

We’re going on the 9/11 party on a Sunday and are mostly concerned about our flight in. Is it risky doing a party on the day you’re flying in? Most definitely, but when you’re only doing a 1-day trip, you do what works lol
At least you understand the risk you’re taking. Hope it works out!

There are only 1 set of fireworks during the Halloween party which are Halloween specific, no enchantment
Yeah, I'm still fuming about this a little. I booked the trip just to celebrate the 50th anniversary, and two of the nights are party nights. We decided to attend one of them just to see some fireworks up close. Our last night there is not a party night, but it's MK's 51st birthday and with all of the parties surrounding that date, I can't imagine how crowded it will be. So we will be missing the 50th fireworks up close. We plan to see them from the Poly beach. I just don't understand why Disney would announce the 50th celebration lasting 18 months, and then deciding to eliminate the special fireworks for many nights during that time.

We are planning on being in MK for the day before the party, when do we get our wristbands? As long as we have them before 7 is that ok? Do we need to plan on at least an hour waiting for Jack and Sally? What is the line etiquette waiting for characters? Can we take turns waiting or is that frowned upon? Sorry so many questions, first party! Thanks

We are planning on being in MK for the day before the party, when do we get our wristbands? As long as we have them before 7 is that ok? Do we need to plan on at least an hour waiting for Jack and Sally? What is the line etiquette waiting for characters? Can we take turns waiting or is that frowned upon? Sorry so many questions, first party! Thanks
You get your wrist bands the day of the party starting anytime after 4:00pm. If you are already in the park, there's areas you can pick up your wrist band from designated areas (like just after the bridge once you enter Tomorrow Land). Or you can get them as your enter through the main entrance if you're arriving after 4.
You will want everyone to be wearing wrist bands before 6:00, or you won't be able go on any rides or wait in any character lines.

For Jack and Sally, the earlier the better. If they are a must, get in line as close to 4:00 as you can. The wait for them can, and will get over an hour long.

Taking turns waiting in lines can be a tricky subject. It may not bother some people, but it may really aggravate others. Me personally, I won't mind if it was just one person swapping out. What bothers me though, is one person waiting in line, then multiple people joining in.

I just don't understand why Disney would announce the 50th celebration lasting 18 months, and then deciding to eliminate the special fireworks for many nights during that time.
FWIW, Enchantment isn't a special 50th Anniversary fireworks show. It will be around long after the 50th celebration ends, so if you're returning at some date in the future, you should have an opportunity to catch it.

Quick question do you get exclusive merchandise during the party’s that isn’t sold to day guests ?
In the past they have had special merch that you must be a party guest to purchase. I don't remember anything special at last year's Christmas after-hours party. It could have been a supply chain issue or just too few guests to make it worth their while.

In the past they have had special merch that you must be a party guest to purchase. I don't remember anything special at last year's Christmas after-hours party. It could have been a supply chain issue or just too few guests to make it worth their while.

I dint have room for a costume. So hoping to get an exclusive t shirt on the night to wear. Hopefully on Friday we will know more after the 1st party

Yeah, I'm still fuming about this a little. I booked the trip just to celebrate the 50th anniversary, and two of the nights are party nights. We decided to attend one of them just to see some fireworks up close. Our last night there is not a party night, but it's MK's 51st birthday and with all of the parties surrounding that date, I can't imagine how crowded it will be. So we will be missing the 50th fireworks up close. We plan to see them from the Poly beach. I just don't understand why Disney would announce the 50th celebration lasting 18 months, and then deciding to eliminate the special fireworks for many nights during that time.
Fellow fireworks lover here and I'm with you on being a bit bothered that Enchantment isn't shown on party nights along with the Halloween fireworks, as was done in the past. (Edited to add, I made a mistake here... "regular" fireworks were not shown on MNSSHP nights in the past, but were shown before After Hours events. Thanks to the Dis member who corrected me on this point.)

Regarding your trip.. For what it's worth - I was at MK on the 50th (Oct 1) and crowds for the fireworks not an issue. The Emporium and popcorn carts were swarmed with shoppers, but everything else was the same as any other day. (And crowd level was about 1/4 what it was for NYE 2019). I can't imagine that MK's 51st bday would be a concern. If Enchantment is a priority for you, I think you should go. You might consider doing a Dessert Party for the reserved viewing area. (I prefer the Plaza Garden View Party as I find that view to be spot-on). I've also watched Enchantment from the Grand Floridian many times and have enjoyed it. Your view from the Poly would be more direct, and probably quite good. (Note: I prefer the old Happily Ever After show, but Enchantment is growing on me.)

The MNSSHP fireworks are.... interesting. I loved the old Happy Hallowishes fireworks show. The new Not So Spooky Spectacular fireworks show is... a bit chaotic. In my humble opinion.

I hope you have a good trip, and I do hope you get to see Enchantment.

Last edited:
MNSSHP Dessert Party Question - Does anyone know if you do the Dessert party after the fireworks can you stay in the garden area and see the Hocus Pocus Villain spelltacular and the Boo to you parade?
In years past, they kind of shoo'd you out of Plaza Garden area afterward, but I don't know what they'll do now.

Fellow fireworks lover here and I'm with you on being a bit bothered that Enchantment isn't shown on party nights along with the Halloween fireworks, as was done in the past.

Regarding your trip.. For what it's worth - I was at MK on the 50th (Oct 1) and crowds for the fireworks not an issue. The Emporium and popcorn carts were swarmed with shoppers, but everything else was the same as any other day. (And crowd level was about 1/4 what it was for NYE 2019). I can't imagine that MK's 51st bday would be a concern. If Enchantment is a priority for you, I think you should go. You might consider doing a Dessert Party for the reserved viewing area. (I prefer the Plaza Garden View Party as I find that view to be spot-on). I've also watched Enchantment from the Grand Floridian many times and have enjoyed it. Your view from the Poly would be more direct, and probably quite good. (Note: I prefer the old Happily Ever After show, but Enchantment is growing on me.)

The MNSSHP fireworks are.... interesting. I loved the old Happy Hallowishes fireworks show. The new Not So Spooky Spectacular fireworks show is... a bit chaotic. In my humble opinion.

I hope you have a good trip, and I do hope you get to see Enchantment.
Thanks for the information. I'm wondering if our crowd tolerance is very different. I have done the MK fireworks many times on non-party nights, and it's miserable to me. I was actually a little disappointed when they announced MNSSHP even though I love it so much. I held on to the hope that they would do both fireworks since the 50th celebration was supposed to happen for 18 months. I decided to go with MNSSHP over Enchantment for the lower crowds overall. This trip is kind of a goodbye trip since we will be not likely return for awhile so we wanted to do something nostalgic rather than something new. We are staying at the Poly, so the plan is to get Ohana items from Tambu lounge to eat on our balcony and then make our way to the beach for the fireworks. This sounds much more relaxing to us rather than fight the crowds at MK. By the way, I also loved HalloWishes!

ETA: We also wanted a low-crowd experience at Epcot, and because we are only buying a 1-day PH, we wanted to avoid October 1 at all costs. That is Epcot's 40th.

As far as dessert parties, we have done a few of them. We have never felt that they were worth the cost.

FWIW, Enchantment isn't a special 50th Anniversary fireworks show. It will be around long after the 50th celebration ends, so if you're returning at some date in the future, you should have an opportunity to catch it.
That depends on what Disney does with it. While yes it's not a special 50th anniversary show (or anything special really....), the feedback of it compared to HEA may push Disney to bring back HEA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter