• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

This is great. After not having been to UO for like 8 years, we did HHNS when we were at UO for a weekend last September and bought an AP. We plan to do again this September. Have had flights and hotel booked for a while, it'll be the last weekend our UO AP is valid so we want to get one last trip in.

When do they announce the Haunted Houses, normally?

This is great. After not having been to UO for like 8 years, we did HHNS when we were at UO for a weekend last September and bought an AP. We plan to do again this September. Have had flights and hotel booked for a while, it'll be the last weekend our UO AP is valid so we want to get one last trip in.

When do they announce the Haunted Houses, normally?
painfully slow lol. One at a time a month or so apart. :surfweb:

So excited! I bought tickets for September 15th and I'm hoping to use my free ticket from the premier annual pass for the 16th or 17th. It'll be just my dad and I going - my other family members are going to MNNSHP. We've never been to HHN before so I'll be reading this thread for any tips and tricks! : D

Also I'm hoping for a Last of Us house too, @Duckbug.Ducktales .

So excited! I bought tickets for September 15th and I'm hoping to use my free ticket from the premier annual pass for the 16th or 17th. It'll be just my dad and I going - my other family members are going to MNNSHP. We've never been to HHN before so I'll be reading this thread for any tips and tricks! : D

Also I'm hoping for a Last of Us house too, @Duckbug.Ducktales .
If you're going twice then you probably don't need an express pass as you should be able to get through all the houses with two nights. But, it really is nice to have! Thanks to that we were and to do all the houses in one night, repeated two, and saw the shows (those are not my favorites, this year we'll skip them and just spend more time doing other stuff)

If you're going twice then you probably don't need an express pass as you should be able to get through all the houses with two nights. But, it really is nice to have! Thanks to that we were and to do all the houses in one night, repeated two, and saw the shows (those are not my favorites, this year we'll skip them and just spend more time doing other stuff)
Yeah I'm really debating whether to get the Express pass or not. It's $140 each for friday and I've seen videos of the insane crowds on fridays + weekends. My dad said he won't pay for it but I'm thinking of buying it for the both of us since I know he won't tolerate the waits. The shows and trying the specialty food aren't priorities for us. We want to do the houses and scare zones for the most part.

Yeah I'm really debating whether to get the Express pass or not. It's $130 each for friday and I've seen videos of the insane crowds on fridays + weekends. My dad said he won't pay for it but I'm thinking of buying it for the both of us since I know he won't tolerate the waits. The shows and trying the specialty food aren't priorities for us. We want to do the houses and scare zones for the most part.
If your dad is not tolerant, or if he's not going the second time you're going, I say do it. It's a much nicer experience and then your dad can see all the houses in one night.

If your dad is not tolerant, or if he's not going the second time you're going, I say do it. It's a much nicer experience and then your dad can see all the houses in one night.
Thanks for the advice! I decided to get the Express for the 15th and use the free HNN ticket night to repeat houses + enjoy the atmosphere. Spending the money for the tickets and Express definitely has me feeling like Mickey, Donald and Goofy here though lol

mickey-bread.gif

Booked my unmasking yesterday. Definitely went up in price from last year but I do it with my friends so I am trying to justify the price for the memories. It was only $10 less than the flights I booked for next month for my friend’s birthday vacation. 😭 We’re hoping to make it out to HHN Hollywood again this year too so fingers crossed for some good lineups for both coasts.

Booked my unmasking yesterday. Definitely went up in price from last year but I do it with my friends so I am trying to justify the price for the memories. It was only $10 less than the flights I booked for next month for my friend’s birthday vacation. 😭 We’re hoping to make it out to HHN Hollywood again this year too so fingers crossed for some good lineups for both coasts.
Yeah - the price may also go up again this year so a good idea to book it as soon as you know your dates.

I should take my own advice - but now that they don't have it on October 30th I am rethinking my dates - not sure I want to hang around till Wednesday for just one more night of HHN and not yet sure if the cheaper multi night ticket will include it or not - and lastly I was planning to see Amyl and the Sniffers on Halloween in Orlando and going to HHN after the show so really only getting an hour or two maybe on the Tuesday so may just make sense to skip it an go earlier in the month

Thanks for the advice! I decided to get the Express for the 15th and use the free HNN ticket night to repeat houses + enjoy the atmosphere. Spending the money for the tickets and Express definitely has me feeling like Mickey, Donald and Goofy here though lol

View attachment 748802
Yeah - but honestly its well worth it - the problem is once you get express pass its really hard to go without it.

If\when the ROF ticket comes out you may want to see what the cost of it with express is compared to one night with express - unfortunately they don't give you any credit for the free ticket you get with premier - one of the things that always annoyed me about the free HHN ticket that I never get to use.

Yeah - the price may also go up again this year so a good idea to book it as soon as you know your dates.

I should take my own advice - but now that they don't have it on October 30th I am rethinking my dates - not sure I want to hang around till Wednesday for just one more night of HHN and not yet sure if the cheaper multi night ticket will include it or not - and lastly I was planning to see Amyl and the Sniffers on Halloween in Orlando and going to HHN after the show so really only getting an hour or two maybe on the Tuesday so may just make sense to skip it an go earlier in the month
I have a feeling they're saving 10/30 (along with another 1-2 dates in Sept/Oct) as possible "Plan B" makeup dates, if a hurricane disrupts the schedule. Fingers crossed for a quiet year!

Btw: I purchased tics for an add-on date last year (before I knew it was a makeup date for Ian) and it was AWFUL. Skeleton staff (no pun intended lol) Deserted scarezones, lots of empty gaps in houses. I truly appreciated the hard working TMs that did volunteer to work, so this isn't directed at them in any way, but it was a total waste of money.

I truly appreciated the hard working TMs that did volunteer to work, so this isn't directed at them in any way, but it was a total waste of money.
If anything, I’m sure it would make most appreciate a ‘normal’ night all the more.

I’m sure the TMs were happy to see you there, way to go to support the event!

curious, was the tix full price?

Reactions: shh
If anything, I’m sure it would make most appreciate a ‘normal’ night all the more.

I’m sure the TMs were happy to see you there, way to go to support the event!

curious, was the tix full price?
Yup full ticket price + full price for Express. :( We still had fun, don't get me wrong...and the Express was helpful, as the place was beyond mobbed. (This night was also a designated free night for all TMs and their families - something else I didn't know until after the fact.)

There were a lot of complaints on social forums the next day about the empty scare zones and barely staffed houses, so I know I wasn't the only guest feeling cheated. I think Universal should have disclosed that this night was a makeup and staffing was drastically lower/volunteer only vs just add the date and charge guests full price.

But it's a new year - and a new HHN. So onward!:car::car::car:

Yup full ticket price + full price for Express. :( We still had fun, don't get me wrong...and the Express was helpful, as the place was beyond mobbed. (This night was also a designated free night for all TMs and their families - something else I didn't know until after the fact.)

There were a lot of complaints on social forums the next day about the empty scare zones and barely staffed houses, so I know I wasn't the only guest feeling cheated. I think Universal should have disclosed that this night was a makeup and staffing was drastically lower/volunteer only vs just add the date and charge guests full price.

But it's a new year - and a new HHN. So onward!:car::car::car:
Onward for sure. But thanks for sharing, it's good to know. I'd rather not risk it and avoid added nights, then, as with express pass this is really one of the most expensive events we'll do this year! (I mean, MNSSHP and MVMCP combined may come in under the cost of our HHN tickets based on last year's prices, lol)

Reactions: shh
think Universal should have disclosed that this night was a makeup and staffing was drastically lower/volunteer only vs just add the date and charge guests full price.

But it's a new year - and a new HHN. So onward!
Agree completely. Even given a free non weekend tix voucher for hhn 32
mean, MNSSHP and MVMCP combined may come in under the cost of our HHN tickets based on last year's prices, lol)
Mulling over what price the mnsshp tix roll out will give u nightmares

Post #16 updated with current HHN merchandise offerings, prices & availability

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter