*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

There have been some 10pm magic kingdom and 11pm Epcot closings on Saturday I think the last 2 weeks? And are on the calendar for the next 2 weeks too. Hoping to see some extended hours for April as we get closer.
It looks like they are extending hours only about 2 weeks out. Not a lot of time to make adjustments to your trip.
During Spring Break, it looks like they have extended the hours to all parks.
Can only hope this extends to our April trip.

It looks like they are extending hours only about 2 weeks out. Not a lot of time to make adjustments to your trip.
During Spring Break, it looks like they have extended the hours to all parks.
Can only hope this extends to our April trip.

This is kind of a double edged sword, though. They extended hours for Spring Break (much like for President's week/Mardi Gras) because they expected higher crowds (and were certainly correct in February). If we see that in April, it means they're expecting the same.

This is kind of a double edged sword, though. They extended hours for Spring Break (much like for President's week/Mardi Gras) because they expected higher crowds (and were certainly correct in February). If we see that in April, it means they're expecting the same.

Yeah I feel the same way. As much as I’d like them to extend hours, it probably means more crowds.

I’ve prepared our kids for the fact that this won’t be like Disney trips in the past so they only want to enjoy being down there and feel no need to be going from park-open to park-close. They just want to get out of the house!

Yeah I feel the same way. As much as I’d like them to extend hours, it probably means more crowds.

I’ve prepared our kids for the fact that this won’t be like Disney trips in the past so they only want to enjoy being down there and feel no need to be going from park-open to park-close. They just want to get out of the house!

We actually haven't even told the kids yet. The lost trip last year was a crushing disappointment, so I didn't want to dangle another one if that was also not happening. But it appears to be full speed ahead at this point. Now I mostly want to hold off telling them because I'm worried they'll brag about it at school and travel shaming is still a thing.

There's plenty of stuff I'm going to miss on this trip and I'm sure they will too. But being able to be there at all given the circumstances makes me consider it a big success.

We're on the list for April, but we're waiting to see if we'll get our vaccines first or not. I really would love for this trip to happen! Otherwise, we might move it to this summer because it's looking like our school situation will change next year and make travel during the school year nearly impossible. (We currently homeschool full time and might switch to a hybrid model)

Let's get these vaccines rolling out quicker!!

Guys I'm so mad right now. I just looked at our flight information and Southwest changed our flights and didn't even notify me!!! Our flight to Orlando was supposed to be non stop and get in early enough for me to have a Beaches and Cream ADR. Now I'm sure we will miss that. And it isn't non stop anymore. Then going home they have us leaving 3 hours earlier and now I won't be able to do the things I was planning that morning. Stinking Southwest. I always used to like them but I'm not liking them now. I'm hoping my husband will be able to change the flights to better times. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Guys I'm so mad right now. I just looked at our flight information and Southwest changed our flights and didn't even notify me!!! Our flight to Orlando was supposed to be non stop and get in early enough for me to have a Beaches and Cream ADR. Now I'm sure we will miss that. And it isn't non stop anymore. Then going home they have us leaving 3 hours earlier and now I won't be able to do the things I was planning that morning. Stinking Southwest. I always used to like them but I'm not liking them now. I'm hoping my husband will be able to change the flights to better times. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.
Make sure the emails didn't go to spam or something. They will let you change to a different flight for free within 3 days after they have changed on you so it would totally stink to miss their notification and the window to change your flight free!

Make sure the emails didn't go to spam or something. They will let you change to a different flight for free within 3 days after they have changed on you so it would totally stink to miss their notification and the window to change your flight free!
Thank you. I checked all of my folders. Not there. I have no idea when they actually changed it but they did let us change the flights. They aren't ideal but better than what they changed them to. We will get in an hour later than what we were supposed to originally so I'm hoping we will still make the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter