*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

We are 33 days away and I just made my final payment, yay! I was also lucky enough to get the J&J vaccine last Friday, and my husband will be eligible in less than two weeks. It's looking good right now and I'm crossing my fingers about it all! Very excited to see other's countdown as well. :)

Just posting for fun, nothing too noteworthy here. But it's nice to share the anticipation of a trip with others who are planning, too!
* Sad to see Remi ride won't be opening until October. It seems to have been ready for so long that I was hoping maybe for Spring/Easter.
* Crossing fingers that PeopleMover opens as currently planned but not holding breath as I know its reopening has been postponed MANY times.
* Happy that DH and I will both be fully vaccinated by trip!
* Saw that there's a $20 discount on day tickets to Blizzard Beach for DVC peeps, so might take advantage of that. Nice that you buy the tix day-of instead of reserving in advance, so we can see how the weather is and what we feel like, etc.
* SO out of SHAPE from quarantine; I have not been exercising and instead have been baking with DDs and have gained some weight, so trying to get back into a walking routine of at least 2 miles a day. Gotta start somewhere! And hopefully this will help get my feet conditioned to all the walking and build some stamina for the parks.
* We are driving from NY & I am NOT looking forward to it. We wanted to fly but it was $$ when we looked, and Southwest has been changing flights around and we just didn't want to deal with the hassle. Also have heard actual flights are generally fine, but airports are a mess (re distancing, etc.). So thought out own car would be best for safety and flexibility but the closer it gets the more I dread the drive.
Good luck planning and packing, everyone!

Just posting for fun, nothing too noteworthy here. But it's nice to share the anticipation of a trip with others who are planning, too!
* Sad to see Remi ride won't be opening until October. It seems to have been ready for so long that I was hoping maybe for Spring/Easter.
* Crossing fingers that PeopleMover opens as currently planned but not holding breath as I know its reopening has been postponed MANY times.
* Happy that DH and I will both be fully vaccinated by trip!
* Saw that there's a $20 discount on day tickets to Blizzard Beach for DVC peeps, so might take advantage of that. Nice that you buy the tix day-of instead of reserving in advance, so we can see how the weather is and what we feel like, etc.
* SO out of SHAPE from quarantine; I have not been exercising and instead have been baking with DDs and have gained some weight, so trying to get back into a walking routine of at least 2 miles a day. Gotta start somewhere! And hopefully this will help get my feet conditioned to all the walking and build some stamina for the parks.
* We are driving from NY & I am NOT looking forward to it. We wanted to fly but it was $$ when we looked, and Southwest has been changing flights around and we just didn't want to deal with the hassle. Also have heard actual flights are generally fine, but airports are a mess (re distancing, etc.). So thought out own car would be best for safety and flexibility but the closer it gets the more I dread the drive.
Yes I was also hoping that Remi might be open. Or at least the restaurant. I agree on the People Mover. It's bad enough we won't have the railroad. I will be so disappointed if the PM isn't running. We will be vaccinated too! So glad for that. I am going in about a half hour to get my first one. Yeah I'm not very happy with Southwest and I hope they don't change our flights another time. I'm already worried about missing my Beaches and Cream ADR with how they changed our flight. I wish we could drive but it's too far from Arizona lol. So excited to be able to say we are going next month!!! Hope everyone has great trips!

Reactions: KSL
I'm so excited! I'm always the planner, but just last night, my husband told me he had a proposition for me (LOL!)... and, he is taking me to Disney! We often have kids in tow and never get to complete my dream of Epcot World Showcase... Two nights... one day at Epcot and one at Magic Kingdom (my favorite park) - helping him book it tonight (because he asked for my help) - last week of April. He was so sweet! Disney is not his thing at all, and he was talking about "1 and 2" crowd days - never thought I'd hear this outdoorsy, hunter talking the Disney planning language! I may surprise him and upgrade our hotel to Yacht Club after he books it. So happy to be joining you all!

We were planning to drive from RI for the same reasons and I too was dreading it. I finally took a careful look at the numbers and after taking gas, hotels, road food, etc. into account, I made reservations on the auto train instead booking a room so that we will be as safe as possible. So now I can fully look forward to the trip without dreading the drive - particularly the drive back!

We were planning to drive from RI for the same reasons and I too was dreading it. I finally took a careful look at the numbers and after taking gas, hotels, road food, etc. into account, I made reservations on the auto train instead booking a room so that we will be as safe as possible. So now I can fully look forward to the trip without dreading the drive - particularly the drive back!
Oh I'm envious. When we lived in PA we took the train a couple of times to Florida. So much fun. Wish we could still do that from Arizona

Auto train?

I didn't know that about the BB tickets - thanks for the heads up!

We usually drive from CT, this is only our second time flying. We generally like the drive, it's definitely something I am glad we have experienced.

@VicarJT - I have considered the autotrain on the ride back many times but never seem to pull the trigger. Have you done it before?

@VicarJT - I hope you enjoy the AutoTrain! We've taken it a number of times and it just doesn't work for us any more for a variety of reasons. There's a huge (mostly old, though) thread on it over on the Transportation Board for anyone who is interested!

I know there are a bunch of New Yorkers on this thread (myself included) so I thought it was relevant to post this as far as travel goes - Governor Cuomo said today that was of April 1, domestic travelers no longer need to quarantine upon return to NY. Not sure what this means in terms of the testing requirements, but it sounds like it should supersede them based on the language:

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/go...vel-will-no-longer-be-required-starting-april

I am so flipping happy! Last month, I signed up for a clinical trial for a new vaccine in hopes that I can receive a vaccine before my group because it was looking so far away(luckily, in my state, vaccines are chugging along). We are "blinded" so we don't know if we received the vaccine or a placebo, and we will be getting another set of injections to make sure everyone in our trial gets a vaccine because vaccines availability is opening back up. I checked my antibodies with blood tests for the past two days and it looks like I have the antibodies!

My whole family(all the adults) will also be vaccinated by the time we head to Disney on April 17th, so like a wave of relief has washed over me. I finally get to hug my family and spend time with them! Immediately after, I will be flying to a friend's wedding too so I'm so excited for April.

Thank you, Roscoe18, I didn't realize that NY's travel restrictions were changing, yay! We are NYers currently living in CT but will be flying out of JFK (just to be confusing, ha!). And obviously we would prefer not to have to test or quarantine in either state!

Best guess as to April hours? They are very short right now and while I expect that to change it may not. Specifically looking at 4/16-4/22 range.
I’m hoping that they get extended at least an hour from where they are now. With the crowds increasing they have to right? The earliest I believe they are closing any of the parks the next couple weeks is 8. Really hoping we see that as it would mean at least a 2 hour extension on most days. They have only been updating hours a couple weeks out I think.

I’m hoping that they get extended at least an hour from where they are now. With the crowds increasing they have to right? The earliest I believe they are closing any of the parks the next couple weeks is 8. Really hoping we see that as it would mean at least a 2 hour extension on most days. They have only been updating hours a couple weeks out I think.
Spring break crowds may dip off pretty hard in mid April so that's my concern. Trying to plan dining is such a pain when you don't know actual hours!

Last edited:
Same dates here! I plan on checking 2 weeks before but I can’t find many states with vacations that week so hoping hours stay short because less crowds🤞

Actually hoping for a few more hours but still smaller crowd...I just want to be warm again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter