*** Official August 2020 thread ***

After a very long night of discussion, we pulled the plug at 32 days out. So angry at the morons in charge that didn't mandate masks in FLA and the idiots that continue to flaunt not wearing them. I live in Rhode Island. We did masks early and often - if not for a certain small political faction, we'd have eradicated it here. Maybe when the body bags pile up in FLA, people will wise up and change their behavior. (I really don't believe this for a minute - amazed at what people will die for). It's all a hoax anyway...

In the meantime, we rescheduled for after the New Year thus preserving the points and lifting a huge weight that I didn't realize was on our shoulders.

Maybe I'll see some of the former August peeps next year.

Stay safe. Do what you can. And don't be afraid to speak up if someone gets in your space. Your well being matters more than being polite to someone too selfish to care about basic health and welfare.

Recently cancelled our August 2020 vacation (moved to August 2021) and today the US / Canada border closing was further extended to August 21st - so we couldn't have gone anyways. So while we're sad that we had to cancel, it was the right thing to do for our family. Those of you going, stay safe!

After a very long night of discussion, we pulled the plug at 32 days out. So angry at the morons in charge that didn't mandate masks in FLA and the idiots that continue to flaunt not wearing them. I live in Rhode Island. We did masks early and often - if not for a certain small political faction, we'd have eradicated it here. Maybe when the body bags pile up in FLA, people will wise up and change their behavior. (I really don't believe this for a minute - amazed at what people will die for). It's all a hoax anyway...

In the meantime, we rescheduled for after the New Year thus preserving the points and lifting a huge weight that I didn't realize was on our shoulders.

Maybe I'll see some of the former August peeps next year.

Stay safe. Do what you can. And don't be afraid to speak up if someone gets in your space. Your well being matters more than being polite to someone too selfish to care about basic health and welfare.

Hong Kong Disneyland is reclosing due to Covid . . . they all wear masks there, even before the Covid outbreak, so I don't really think that would have made a significant difference.

Hang in there, stay safe, things will get better. I suspect that by next summer, the situation will be getting a bunch better.

We officially switched to February 2021. However I'm not feeling very hopeful.

Just in case the February plan doesn't work out (I wouldn't be super hopeful for that either), the August 2021 thread is ready and waiting for you :)

We were supposed to leave August 6, but I just officially cancelled. We had made the decision to do so a while back, but I was procrastinating.
We are in Michigan and will be taking a trip into the Upper Peninsula and doing a much more nature-centric trip, mostly doing outdoor activities. Should be fun and we won't be sweating our faces off.
I'm pretty disappointed but it had to be done. My 17 year old son told me yesterday he's actually looking forward to the up north trip more than the Disney one. Actually I think only my 14-year-old son and I would prefer Disney. DH, 20 year old daughter and 17 year old son are all pretty meh about Disney. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM? LOL.

Anyway, I now have my AP good through January and possibly just DH and I would go mid-January depending on how things are going and discounts offered.

We were supposed to leave August 6, but I just officially cancelled. We had made the decision to do so a while back, but I was procrastinating.
We are in Michigan and will be taking a trip into the Upper Peninsula and doing a much more nature-centric trip, mostly doing outdoor activities. Should be fun and we won't be sweating our faces off.
I'm pretty disappointed but it had to be done. My 17 year old son told me yesterday he's actually looking forward to the up north trip more than the Disney one. Actually I think only my 14-year-old son and I would prefer Disney. DH, 20 year old daughter and 17 year old son are all pretty meh about Disney. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM? LOL.

Anyway, I now have my AP good through January and possibly just DH and I would go mid-January depending on how things are going and discounts offered.

Sorry you had to cancel. Also sorry, I can not tell you what is wrong with the "meh about Disney" portion of your family. I am fortunate enough to have a wife, son, and daughter whom are all just as crazy about it as I am. Luckily, they all were fine with our short trip to upstate NY this summer too.

I hope you have a great time in the Upper Peninsula, and I hope your NEXT trip to Disney is magical!

We are officially 2 weeks away. Nervous and excited. DH is trying to wearing some crazy respirator mask, that looks like an alien is eating his face, on the plane. I asked if he can barely breathe in it when we have 'fresh' air how's he going to breathe in it on the plane with recycled air? We have the N95 masks so idk why he's trying to wear the alien face eating mask.

We are officially 2 weeks away. Nervous and excited. DH is trying to wearing some crazy respirator mask, that looks like an alien is eating his face, on the plane. I asked if he can barely breathe in it when we have 'fresh' air how's he going to breathe in it on the plane with recycled air? We have the N95 masks so idk why he's trying to wear the alien face eating mask.
We will hit the two week mark this weekend! We are very excited to get away. I was also going to bring an N95 just for the plane and hen regular surgical masks while at Disney.

We will hit the two week mark this weekend! We are very excited to get away. I was also going to bring an N95 just for the plane and hen regular surgical masks while at Disney.
My husband is worried about having to wear a mask during the heat. I said we will go slow, take lots of breaks and at anytime if we feel uncomfortable - leave. We have cloth and disposable masks for the parks. I feel like we should just use the disposable ones because when they get gross we can toss them out and put on a new one. With the cloth we'd have to wash them and at this point we're trying to avoid washing clothes at Disney. Good luck with your trip!

I hope anyone from the tri-state area still on the fence saw FL lifted the 14 day quarantine rule today.
Indeed, they did. New York, however, did not, and it comes with a potential fine of up to $10,000 for violating it.

We have been booked for the end of August since rescheduling our May trip way back in March. Yesterday we decided we are going to go and come home to 14 days of quarantine for a two night trip. Crazy! Yes! So, we will be at BLT from the 30th until the 1st. It will be just myself and my 20 year old daughter.

We have been booked for the end of August since rescheduling our May trip way back in March. Yesterday we decided we are going to go and come home to 14 days of quarantine for a two night trip. Crazy! Yes! So, we will be at BLT from the 30th until the 1st. It will be just myself and my 20 year old daughter.
Hope you have an amazing time.

*sigh*

Should be on DME at this very moment.

I take solace in the fact that we'll be there in exactly a year from now.

August 2020 Roll Call!
If you are visiting Disney World in August 2020, post your dates, and resort in the thread, and I will add you to the roll call!

** PLEASE NOTE ** The intrepid host of this thread is, at times, not all that smart. I have *recently* realized the absolute usefulness of the "search" function in Chrome. Who knew that you could just type in someone's user name while editing a post, and magically, the line with their name, dates, resort etc. etc. just pops right up, and you don't need to search through heaven only knows how many lines trying to locate them. Obviously, editing, or removing listings is a WHOLE lot easier than I have been making it :)

Jul 30 - Aug 5 G719 AKL
Jul 31 - Aug 8 Llama mama YC
Aug 1 - Aug 5 joshua4 BLT
Aug 1 - Aug 7 aroundtheriverbend GFV / BWV
Aug 1 - Aug 15 Jaimetropmickey PoP
Aug 2 - Aug 7 Lumpy1106 BLT
Aug 2 - Aug 8 KristiKat FW Cabins
Aug 2 - Aug 8 EllyLovesDisney CSR
Aug 2 - Aug 14 jonimce FW
Aug 3 - Aug 15 charlssemp AS Sport / AKL / AOA
Aug 4 - Aug 7 Karalecia26 CSR
Aug 4 - Aug 11 jennyq87 Gran Destino / AKL
Aug 6 - Aug 14 Sandiz08 ??
Aug 8 - Aug 12 kimili8 BWI
Aug 8 - Aug 16 Hoodie 8 - 11 BC 11 - 16 offsite
Aug 8 - Aug 19 Pterjo85 8 - 11 Poly 11 - 17 AK Kidani 17 - 19 YC
Aug 9 - Aug 14 LaurenT OKW
Aug 9 - Aug 14 tinkerbelletreasure ASM
Aug 9 - Aug 21 lynnfitz Royal Pacific / BLT
Aug 9 - Aug 23 Disneylover99 PoP
Aug 10 - Aug 14 Chef Dion PoP
Aug 10 - Aug 16 Pirate princess 2 PoP
Aug 11 - Aug 16 pixarfan24 BLT PORS 18 - 20 BWI
Aug 12 - Aug 18 Mascara&Mouse Ears Poly
Aug 12 - Aug 21 figmentfinesse POP
Aug 14 - Aug 23 Redfraggle19 WL
Aug 14 - Aug 27 sleepymouse 14 - 17 AKV 21 - 27 YC
Aug 15 - Aug 21 Eventer98 BLT
Aug 15 - Aug 22 Madame BCV
Aug 15 - Aug 22 Mousemommy1 YC
Aug 15 - Aug 29 DaniMoon AS Sports
Aug 15 - Sept 1 Drr10 FWL
Aug 16 - Aug 22 mgarbowski VGF
Aug 16 - Aug 22 sromanello815 POLY
Aug 16 - Aug 26 han22735 BMV
Aug 17 - Aug 22 ari23 CBR
Aug 17 - Aug 24 ALDSMD VGF
Aug 17 - Aug 27 Adora ???
Aug 18 - Aug 27 paule350 18 - 22 AKV 22 - 27 BWI
Aug 19 - Aug 24 EmmyL258/COLOR] CBR
Aug 19 - Aug 27 tiggerplus5 19 - 23 PoP 23 - 27 FW Cabins
Aug 19 - Aug 28 pd1138 CSR
Aug 19 - Sept 3 RossS Offsite Cabana Bay / Universal
Aug 20 - Aug 29 Craig Larson POP
Aug 20 - Aug 30 canuckgirl CR
Aug 21 - Aug 28 TulipMom Offsite
Aug 21 - Aug 30 JP267 CBR
Aug 22 - Aug 28 jessiwools ASM
Aug 22 - Aug 29 The13thLetter POP
Aug 22 - Aug 30 jacksmom WL
Aug 22 - Sept 13 tinkerdee 22 - 25 YC 25 - Sept 13 BWI
Aug 23 - Aug 28 bravestmerida BCV
Aug 23 - Aug 29 Palaura Poly
Aug 23 - Aug 30 Daisy7425 GF
Aug 25 - Sept 8 AJS84 CBR
Aug 26 - Aug 30 Avery&Todd GFV
Aug 26 - Sept 5 MariaGrace39 Riviera
Aug 27 - Aug 30 bama belle PoP
Aug 27 - Sept 2 Megan138 BWI
Aug 28 - Sept 4 DisLiss POP
Aug 28 - Sept 4 kiddywhompus CR
Aug 28 - Sept 4 OkanaganAmanda POP
Aug 28 - Sept 6 momof2halls CS / GDT
Aug 29 - Sept 3 cmarsh31 ASM
Aug 29 - Sept 3 j2thomason/COLOR] POP
Aug 29 - Sept 3 missyek AKL
Aug 29 - Sept 3 songsinmymind ASM
Aug 30 - Sept 3 rlk BC
Aug 31 - Sept 7 Jroceagles BC
Hello,
Just booked an August trip, August 22 to 25 CC, 25 to 29th Riviera
thank you

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter