• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

*** Official August 2021 thread ***

Chef Mickey's must have increased capacity since it is now open for reservations morning until night during my stay early August.

I moved to Thursday since that Wave at the Cali Grill breakfast is closed...it figures that the Wave is sold out the day I opened up...ugh.

Will keep plugging away. Productivity at work = negligible now that I am about 2 weeks out.

I nearly missed the Chef Mickey's drop. I couldn't remember my login for TP and had nothing set up on any ADR finders. I somehow managed to get a Sci Fi and was feeling pretty euphoric about that, so stopped my usual ADR checks. By the time I saw something on the Dis about CM it was already after 4. I got very lucky, there was one slot left before 7pm (5:50) for a party of 5 on 8/5, the day I needed.

Now my ADR stalking is complete! We're staying off property, so I managed to cobble together a great lineup. That's been especially difficult with park reservations.

We leave in 6 days!!!

I nearly missed the Chef Mickey's drop. I couldn't remember my login for TP and had nothing set up on any ADR finders. I somehow managed to get a Sci Fi and was feeling pretty euphoric about that, so stopped my usual ADR checks. By the time I saw something on the Dis about CM it was already after 4. I got very lucky, there was one slot left before 7pm (5:50) for a party of 5 on 8/5, the day I needed.

Now my ADR stalking is complete! We're staying off property, so I managed to cobble together a great lineup. That's been especially difficult with park reservations.

We leave in 6 days!!!

My stalking will never be complete but I am just about done. Never been to Biergarten but don't think kids would like the food and wondering if the wife would mind if I did it solo while the kids are swimming..that ADR is easy....convincing her might not be ;).

I am 14 days away and I am still on the hunt for an ADR for my last night (8/13). I have Le Cellier but it is at 9p and, while the kids will be up, that is too late for dinner.

Flying Fish where are you!? Hello?

My stalking will never be complete but I am just about done. Never been to Biergarten but don't think kids would like the food and wondering if the wife would mind if I did it solo while the kids are swimming..that ADR is easy....convincing her might not be ;).

I am 14 days away and I am still on the hunt for an ADR for my last night (8/13). I have Le Cellier but it is at 9p and, while the kids will be up, that is too late for dinner.

Flying Fish where are you!? Hello?

I haven't been to biergarten in awhile, but always enjoyed it, though I think the cheddar soup is gone. If it's still on the menu, you're in for a treat, especially with the pretzel rolls. I have a soon to be 3yo, so I get not wanting to do a late dinner. I held onto a 9:30pm CM for awhile and finally had let it go because my daughter would have been a mess the next day.

I hope you get your Wave breakfast. Good luck with your stalking!

I haven't been to biergarten in awhile, but always enjoyed it, though I think the cheddar soup is gone. If it's still on the menu, you're in for a treat, especially with the pretzel rolls. I have a soon to be 3yo, so I get not wanting to do a late dinner. I held onto a 9:30pm CM for awhile and finally had let it go because my daughter would have been a mess the next day.

I hope you get your Wave breakfast. Good luck with your stalking!
Actually got a Touring Plans alert that got me an 8:10 Wave for that Thursday morning.. that service rules!

Will be arriving at the MK after opening but who cares...will check the waits and manage expectations/bribe kids with ice cream for extra long lines ;)

One that has been eluding me is Hollywood and Vine's Halloween Dine the 10th and after. The food might not be the best but the characters in their costumes would be awesome for the kids.

Sadly we've had to move our trip out 5 months due to the continued border closure. This will be the 3rd time we've tried to take out 'Sep 2020' trip so hoping 3rd times the charm in Jan 2022! :D

Thanks for all of your support as you've encouraged us as we waited for announcements and made our decisions.

I will be posting some dining cancellations on the dining reservations thread over the coming weekend but I'll mention them here first in case anyone here would like to try to pick any of them up. All reservations are for 2 people. I will be cancelling:
  • Wed, Aug 25 - 5:00pm - Homecomin'
  • Fri, Aug 27 - 9:00am - The Wave (eating at California Grill)
  • Fri, Aug 27 - 5:25pm - Beaches 'n Cream
  • Sun, Aug 29 - 1:10pm - Sanaa
  • Mon, Aug 30 - 4:35pm - 'Ohana
  • Tues, Aug 31 - 2:15pm - 50's Prime Time Café
Please PM me if you would like to try to coordinate a drop of any of these reservations.

Thanks!

Sadly we've had to move our trip out 5 months due to the continued border closure. This will be the 3rd time we've tried to take out 'Sep 2020' trip so hoping 3rd times the charm in Jan 2022! :D

Thanks for all of your support as you've encouraged us as we waited for announcements and made our decisions.
Noooo, I'm so sorry! Well, I'm glad you've been able to reschedule and still have a trip to look forward to. Best wishes your next trip will be a great one!

I will be posting some dining cancellations on the dining reservations thread over the coming weekend but I'll mention them here first in case anyone here would like to try to pick any of them up. All reservations are for 2 people. I will be cancelling:
Please PM me if you would like to try to coordinate a drop of any of these reservations.

Thanks!
Those are some real beauties. Sorry to hear.
This will give you more time to keep practicing your Boarding Groups! Cold comfort I know...

Thanks!

I'm so sorry. On the bright side- all the 50th things will be in place when you travel in 2022!

Thanks!

I'm so sorry you had to postpone your trip again. Hopefully you will be good to go in January, 2022. Like others mentioned, at least you'll get to experience all the 50th celebration has to offer and everything Disney is holding back from us August and September people (looking at you Rat!). :sad:

I would really consider changing this vacation if I wouldn't be losing our airfare.

Thanks!

Oh no, sorry you have to reschedule. Honestly, if we wouldn't lose airfare I would prefer to push our dates out a bit, but we will go and make the best of it.

Thanks for all you do, contributing to these boards. I will see ya on the POP board.

Thanks!
Oh man! I was hoping to cross paths during your stay @ Pop. Start planning something fabulous for when you can cross the borders!

some hours updates via blog mickey. none of our dates (8/21-8/28) but gives me some hope that they may add more next week :)

Magic Kingdom

• August 2-7: Park hours extended 8am to 10pm (previously 9am to 10pm)
  • August 13: Park hours extended 8am to 9pm (previously 9am to 9pm)
  • August 14: Park hours extended 8am to 6pm (previously 9am to 6pm)

EPCOT

• August 7, 14: Park hours extended 10am to 10pm (previously 11am to 10pm)
  • September 3-5, 10-12, 17-19, 24-26: Park hours extended 11am to 10pm (previously 11am to 9pm)

Disney’s Animal Kingdom

• August 7, 14: Park hours extended 8am to 8pm (previously 8am to 7pm)

Do you think it is possible next week's update will include more 8am MK openings in August?

I'm so happy about that 8pm AK closing on Aug 14. I plan to get in the FOP line at 7:55pm...by the time I get out, it should be dark and Pandora should be lit up. It's a travesty to close that park before dark.

Anyone else starting to feel that pre trip stress? Packing is such a headache!! Of course it’s all worth it in the end!
My daughter has an awful cold. We leave on Wednesday. I’m SUPER stressed about how she is doing by then and whether any of the rest of us will get it. She also just got the first dose of the vaccine, so figuring out what is the cold vs a reaction has been annoying. And just second guessing taking her with only one Fauci Ouchi in general.

;) yes, I’m stressed!

Do you think it is possible next week's update will include more 8am MK openings in August?

I'm so happy about that 8pm AK closing on Aug 14. I plan to get in the FOP line at 7:55pm...by the time I get out, it should be dark and Pandora should be lit up. It's a travesty to close that park before dark.

We will be there 8/7 and AK is closing at 8pm that evening. I think we are going to do FOP at the end of the day. It is our AK day and we were thinking of rope dropping FOP, which means getting everyone up at 6 to line up for the bus by 6:30. This way we can sleep in a bit. I am excited to try this strategy. We have a 5:25 Sanaa reservation, but should be able to make it back to the park in plenty of time to get in line.

Anyone else starting to feel that pre trip stress? Packing is such a headache!! Of course it’s all worth it in the end!

Um, yes! Today I’m doing some last minute shopping for our trip. I won’t actually pack until the day before, but I’ll have everything out and ready to go. This time next week I’ll be running around like a chicken with my head cut off, while everyone else in my house will be nice and relaxed, lol! When we pull out of our driveway at 8:00am next Sunday I’ll officially be in vacation mode! ❤️

My daughter has an awful cold. We leave on Wednesday. I’m SUPER stressed about how she is doing by then and whether any of the rest of us will get it. She also just got the first dose of the vaccine, so figuring out what is the cold vs a reaction has been annoying. And just second guessing taking her with only one Fauci Ouchi in general.

;) yes, I’m stressed!

My boys got their second vaccine on Thursday and I do feel better knowing they are fully vaccinated for our trip.

I hope your daughter starts feeling better soon and everyone else stays healthy! 🤞🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter