*** Official August 2021 thread ***

Yes, I'm definitely starting to feel the stress. Trying to figure out strategies for dealing with all the crowds. All the trip reports with the reports on crazy crowds are making me second guess why we're going now. We leave August 8th so I'm hoping that the crowds will be a little less with school starting in some areas. My son starts the next week, so we're squeezing this in right before his school starts. I'm also trying to figure out what to do about groceries as I would like soft drinks and beer for the room. I'm leaning toward instacart and Publix.

Yes, I'm definitely starting to feel the stress. Trying to figure out strategies for dealing with all the crowds. All the trip reports with the reports on crazy crowds are making me second guess why we're going now. We leave August 8th so I'm hoping that the crowds will be a little less with school starting in some areas. My son starts the next week, so we're squeezing this in right before his school starts. I'm also trying to figure out what to do about groceries as I would like soft drinks and beer for the room. I'm leaning toward instacart and Publix.
You should be much better off than the current reports.

I’m going with Amazon Fresh this trip. I will report back how it goes. It’s free if you have Amazon Prime.

My daughter has an awful cold. We leave on Wednesday. I’m SUPER stressed about how she is doing by then and whether any of the rest of us will get it. She also just got the first dose of the vaccine, so figuring out what is the cold vs a reaction has been annoying. And just second guessing taking her with only one Fauci Ouchi in general.

;) yes, I’m stressed!
Pineapple! Small piece three times a day. It minimizes viral replication and reduces the odds you’ll get really sick. But, it’s pineapple three times a day.

Anyone else starting to feel that pre trip stress? Packing is such a headache!! Of course it’s all worth it in the end!

I pulled out my Disney stash today. Our magic bands that were shipped last year, personal fans, mini umbrellas, ponchos, etc. The only thing I know I need to pick up are laundry sheets, wasn't sure if I had any leftover. I ordered my son some Disney shirts, he's the only one that can't fit in his Disney clothes from 2019. I got our suitcase and carry on bags down from the attic, but they're just sitting in the dining room for now.

Pineapple! Small piece three times a day. It minimizes viral replication and reduces the odds you’ll get really sick. But, it’s pineapple three times a day.
I’m willing to try anything and happen to have pineapple! Thanks for the idea!

Hey everyone, quick question, I'm jumping on this August bandwagon super last minute due to extenuating circumstances that caused us to cancel July. Having hard time piecing together a split stay although I though August was a lower volume time to go? Just curious.

Hey everyone, quick question, I'm jumping on this August bandwagon super last minute due to extenuating circumstances that caused us to cancel July. Having hard time piecing together a split stay although I though August was a lower volume time to go? Just curious.
What are your dates? I think typically August is busy in the first half and then slows down at the end as kids go back to school, but who knows anymore post Covid... lots of people traveling now.

Do you think it is possible next week's update will include more 8am MK openings in August?

I'm so happy about that 8pm AK closing on Aug 14. I plan to get in the FOP line at 7:55pm...by the time I get out, it should be dark and Pandora should be lit up. It's a travesty to close that park before dark.

I am thinking (i guess mostly hoping haha) that this or next Friday we will get some of these similar updates for 8/15-8/31, but who knows since they did add some september hours during this drop. i really want 10pm for MK for the non boo bash nights so we can hang a little after fireworks and maybe snag a ride or 2, but not sure that is going to happen.

Still have to stop by BJs and pick up some gift cards. Single digits for me now! I've been busy the past few days so I've missed any super recent announcements but I am so excited that the Epcot monorail really is up and running.

Have you tried calling Disney? I had to push back our August 2021 trip to late Jan 2022 2 days ago. I couldn't find availability online for the dates that interested me but a call to Disney and they were able to find availability at the resort we wanted and for our exact dates. Seems they have access to things we can't see online.

Sigh...I can't take the bad reports any more. I'm looking into rescheduling for next year and just increasing my Universal Vacation for this year. It's not that I expect Universal to be any better, it's the combination of lower expectations and EXPRESS PASS, that make it easier to deal with. If I can get the dates to line up, I'll keep my BOO Bash tickets for Aug 10 and Aug 17.

Have you tried calling Disney? I had to push back our August 2021 trip to late Jan 2022 2 days ago. I couldn't find availability online for the dates that interested me but a call to Disney and they were able to find availability at the resort we wanted and for our exact dates. Seems they have access to things we can't see online.

Oh yeah I have spent more time on the phone with Disney in the last days than I would have liked and they were super good about things but they said things were pretty limited. I'm going to keep trying on my end, of course. I have partial dates, better than none. It just struck me as odd as I'm from Northeast and I know lots of southern schools go to school mid-August, plus it's hurricane season (dare I say the word). 😬

Oh yeah I have spent more time on the phone with Disney in the last days than I would have liked and they were super good about things but they said things were pretty limited. I'm going to keep trying on my end, of course. I have partial dates, better than none. It just struck me as odd as I'm from Northeast and I know lots of southern schools go to school mid-August, plus it's hurricane season (dare I say the word). 😬
I don't know about other resorts but Pop is filling to capacity often 6+ months in advance so trying to find something less than a month away and especially now as many are itching to travel, is not an easy thing to do.

I had problems finding availability at any value resort in February and I was looking just 2 days ago!

We made the call and are pushing our trip back due to DDs cold. Now we’ll be there August 7-14 instead of July 28-August 4. We had to switch from the Contemporary to Coronado Tower. I’m nervous about the dramatic transportation change, but excited to try one of the few resorts I’ve never been to. We don’t actually like anything about CR besides the transportation so I’ll deal with the buses. CR was a big splurge, we usually stay at French Quarter.

We’re excited for better pools and lots of dining options.
Hoping crowds might be slightly better.

Wishing that we are all healthy in 10 days! 😂 It’s amazing that I’m over 15 trips, this is the first time a summer cold hit right at the wrong time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter