*** Official August 2021 thread ***

we are staying at dolphin and have an MK resort breakfast scheduled before one of our MK days. just curious what you would all choose? the wave breakfast at cali grill or whispering canyon? i think that whispering canyon may be a bit more "exciting" food-wise, but getting to MK from contemporary is easier and also to have a good inexpensive breakfast up in cali grill sounds too good to pass up (especially since it is such a limited time)

Yes of course, however, AUgust 16th is halfway through the month. I find it it unlikely that August 16 has parks unavailable but none of those earlier days do. It seems like the updates lagging too much. Anyway, I wanted to give a warning to other August travelers that if you are thinking about changing parks, do so quickly.
Could it be a party size thing? As in, they have one spot open at the the other parks so it is “green” but not enough for you to make a reservation for your party.

we are staying at dolphin and have an MK resort breakfast scheduled before one of our MK days. just curious what you would all choose? the wave breakfast at cali grill or whispering canyon? i think that whispering canyon may be a bit more "exciting" food-wise, but getting to MK from contemporary is easier and also to have a good inexpensive breakfast up in cali grill sounds too good to pass up (especially since it is such a limited time)

I would absolutely do The Wave at Cali Grill. What an amazing opportunity!! We also have a breakfast scheduled there and I will do everything I can to keep that one.

Could it be a party size thing? As in, they have one spot open at the the other parks so it is “green” but not enough for you to make a reservation for your party.

Sure, that could be it. We are a party of 5. Still I find it strange that every other day on the calendar shows green in all categories, including Aug 16, ( I’m not logged in so it can’t know my party size)

correction. Aug 7 is now yellow

I would absolutely do The Wave at Cali Grill. What an amazing opportunity!! We also have a breakfast scheduled there and I will do everything I can to keep that one.
We booked the same! Can't beat the prices or the amazing view!!!

I've been reading the Here Now/Just Back thread and there are lots of comments on how hot is. I can't figure out how to respectfully ask this...is the heat somehow unexpected? Is it actually any worse than any other July or is it a combination of people not used to touring in the summer (people who re-scheduled their trips) and the longer than normal outside lines?

We usually visit in August, so I am expecting to be as miserably hot as usual - which is to say hot, humid, not pleasant at all, but bearable.

I've been reading the Here Now/Just Back thread and there are lots of comments on how hot is. I can't figure out how to respectfully ask this...is the heat somehow unexpected? Is it actually any worse than any other July or is it a combination of people not used to touring in the summer (people who re-scheduled their trips) and the longer than normal outside lines?

We usually visit in August, so I am expecting to be as miserably hot as usual - which is to say hot, humid, not pleasant at all, but bearable.

I think its people having to reschedule and going in the summer for the first time

resort update! found a super sweet deal for YC on priceline so we are ditching the dolphin. very excited to get my disney report channels back, although i heard stacy was gone :(
Sadly yes, she's gone. Just a heads up if you watch the replacement videos, it's been shared they contain a lot of spoiler info for Rise of the Resistance if you're trying to avoid spoilers. I'll be waiting until after I ride to watch the new videos.

resort update! found a super sweet deal for YC on priceline so we are ditching the dolphin. very excited to get my disney report channels back, although i heard stacy was gone :(
Good for you! Did the bed choice show up on the reservation? I couldn’t figure out what we would end up with and hesitated. So happy you got it!

Good for you! Did the bed choice show up on the reservation? I couldn’t figure out what we would end up with and hesitated. So happy you got it!

No the only option was water view. i dont think you have the bed choice even if you book directly with dinsey, i added notes in my TP room request so hopefully we get it sorted.

No the only option was water view. i dont think you have the bed choice even if you book directly with dinsey, i added notes in my TP room request so hopefully we get it sorted.
I had read about being able to call Disney Wholesale and making the request/add people to the room 407-939-7671. Good luck! I debated hard on booking this but needing 2 beds. We are at Pop and very happy with our decision....but...you know...FOMO.

more good news my august peoples!

8/1 wonderful world of animation returns to HS
8/15 Beauty and the Beast returns to HS
8/8 monsters inc laugh floor returns to MK
8/21 turtle talk with crush returns to Epcot
Yippee! We will make it in time for the first three but not Crush. Still, love the Beauty and the Beast show and hope this helps a bit with HS crowds. Never done the animation one so we'll check that out too.

more good news my august peoples!

8/1 wonderful world of animation returns to HS
8/15 Beauty and the Beast returns to HS
8/8 monsters inc laugh floor returns to MK
8/21 turtle talk with crush returns to Epcot

Yay! I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear this!

Two of my favorite attractions during our last/only trip (so far) were the comedy shows - Monsters Inc & Turtle Talk. TP just told me there were no dates for my trips and I (sadly) took them out. Now I get to go put them back in!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter