Official Avengers Super Hero Half Marathon Weekend 2014 Thread!

I am wondering if I should purchase our DVC PAP now and if that will open up AP registration to us. Or if they have to be active. We aren't planning on activiating them until our August trip but if ordering them now instead of next month gets me the early registration I will do it now!

As a WDW Annual Passholder I have been anxiously awaiting the official word we would get to register early. Well, Disney Destinations just sent me an email saying we would be able to register starting the 19th.

He Everyone. I have a quick question I hope someone can answer. If I purchase an annual pass online and have the voucher will that let me register early? Thanks in advance.

He Everyone. I have a quick question I hope someone can answer. If I purchase an annual pass online and have the voucher will that let me register early? Thanks in advance.

My guess is no. To do early registration you're going to have to long on to your account and go to the special offers on the AP page. In order to register my AP on disneyland.com I needed to enter the barcode on the back of my AP. I don't think you have a barcode until you activate and receive your actual pass. I could be wrong though.

My guess is no. To do early registration you're going to have to long on to your account and go to the special offers on the AP page. In order to register my AP on disneyland.com I needed to enter the barcode on the back of my AP. I don't think you have a barcode until you activate and receive your actual pass. I could be wrong though.

you're right. :)

As a WDW Annual Passholder I have been anxiously awaiting the official word we would get to register early. Well, Disney Destinations just sent me an email saying we would be able to register starting the 19th.

I'm curious if any other WDW Annual Passholders received a similar e-mail.

I have a WDW AP, and I have not received this e-mail. When I access my WDW AP account, the Avenger race is not included in the runDisney special offers.

I'm curious if any other WDW Annual Passholders received a similar e-mail.

I have a WDW AP, and I have not received this e-mail. When I access my WDW AP account, the Avenger race is not included in the runDisney special offers.

I can't see it on my passholder page either. I emailed them this weekend but haven't heard back.

I know the Avengers 1/2 was added this year and Disney might not be having early registration for DVC members, but if you are a DVC member and have access to the website look under Membership Magic-Special offers. When you read the offer about runDisney races it says "RunDisney offers Disney Vacation Club Member discounts Plus early registration perk, the last part says DVC members now get a $10 discount off first tier registration prices for all runDisney half and full marathon races, plus early registration in advance of the general public." :confused3

I know the Avengers 1/2 was added this year and Disney might not be having early registration for DVC members, but if you are a DVC member and have access to the website look under Membership Magic-Special offers. When you read the offer about runDisney races it says "RunDisney offers Disney Vacation Club Member discounts Plus early registration perk, the last part says DVC members now get a $10 discount off first tier registration prices for all runDisney half and full marathon races, plus early registration in advance of the general public." :confused3

I actually contacted DVC and received an email stating that the Avengers marathon is not one offered for early registration or discount (see my post somewhere in this thread), however I got an email from runDisney that says that there will be a DVC early registration offer for this...

I sent another email to DVC. :rolleyes2

I actually contacted DVC and received an email stating that the Avengers marathon is not one offered for early registration or discount (see my post somewhere in this thread), however I got an email from runDisney that says that there will be a DVC early registration offer for this...

I sent another email to DVC. :rolleyes2

When you first got that email I really doubted their reply. DVC doesn't know what isn't on their site, know what I mean? With the Disneyland Half DVC didn't have a thing up on the site until minutes before it was live...

I'm not surprised rundisney says yes while DVC says no. DVC doesn't know!

When you first got that email I really doubted their reply. DVC doesn't know what isn't on their site, know what I mean? With the Disneyland Half DVC didn't have a thing up on the site until minutes before it was live...

I'm not surprised rundisney says yes while DVC says no. DVC doesn't know!

I would tend to agree with you.. The wording in their response to me was ISN'T available (meaning the present tense), but nothing about WILL BE...

How fast do we think this is going to sell out? I'm prepared to buy in but not until the 28th.

I emailed and called RunDisney this week. Got a response to both. Here is the email response:

Kim,

Early registration for Annual passholders and Disney Vacation club
members will be available starting 12 pm EST on March 19th. The links
for these registrations will be available on these respective websites
closer to the early registration date. General registration will be
available starting 12 pm EST on March 25th on the runDisney website.

If you have any other questions please feel free to call us at
407-WDW-IRUN. Business hours are 9am-5:30pm (EST) Monday through
Friday.

Thank you,
runDisney

MS

The voicemail I received said essentially the same thing along with the phrase "we have let our partners in the AP area know this info as well". Which I interpret to mean, we wish they would update their stupid website so we quit getting all these calls!!

How fast do we think this is going to sell out? I'm prepared to buy in but not until the 28th.

I will guess this race will sell out in a few hours. Sorry. You can consider running for a charity provider if you can't immediately register. Sometimes the travel providers also have registrations available.

I will guess this race will sell out in a few hours. Sorry. You can consider running for a charity provider if you can't immediately register. Sometimes the travel providers also have registrations available.

Ugh. I hate joining with charity. Yes, it's for a good cause but I ran the NYC 1/2 for a charity last year and wound up paying $1k out of my own pocket because I couldn't get enough donations. Basically I paid for my race and I could have gone to Disney 2x with that money. I'd rather see what I can pull out of the air right now especially since I'd be able to register on the 19th.

Do advance registration spots (like for DVC or annual pass holders) have a limited number available and do they sell out within hours too? I can't get online right when the advance registration link will become active as I'll be on a shore excursion during a Disney Fantasy cruise but I should be able to get on in the evening. I know, it's a terrible problem to have. :)

Do advance registration spots (like for DVC or annual pass holders) have a limited number available and do they sell out within hours too? I can't get online right when the advance registration link will become active as I'll be on a shore excursion during a Disney Fantasy cruise but I should be able to get on in the evening. I know, it's a terrible problem to have. :)

I would also appreciate it if anyone knows the answer to this :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter