Official Avengers Super Hero Half Marathon Weekend 2014 Thread!

Fellowship9798 said:
Do advance registration spots (like for DVC or annual pass holders) have a limited number available and do they sell out within hours too? I can't get online right when the advance registration link will become active as I'll be on a shore excursion during a Disney Fantasy cruise but I should be able to get on in the evening. I know, it's a terrible problem to have. :)

Not sure of the answer to your question, but I suspect you'll be fine if you can get on that night since DVC/AP is such a smaller subset of their market. If you're nervous about it, though, maybe you could trust a friend or family member on shore with your payment info and access to the page to register you.

Do advance registration spots (like for DVC or annual pass holders) have a limited number available and do they sell out within hours too?

By the time I realized I could do DVC early registration for the WDW Marathon Weekend's 10K, those spots were gone.

So I had a choice to wait for normal registration and HOPE to get the 10K, or to challenge myself and sign up for the early registration of the Half. I chose the Half.

The short answer is YES the spots can sell out for early registration.

Do advance registration spots (like for DVC or annual pass holders) have a limited number available and do they sell out within hours too? I can't get online right when the advance registration link will become active as I'll be on a shore excursion during a Disney Fantasy cruise but I should be able to get on in the evening. I know, it's a terrible problem to have. :)

I believe A/P early registration for DDD sold out in a few hours or less, due to the link getting out to the general public.

Yes. In past races the advance registration sports have been limited in number. Though I do not know what that number has been. I personally expect the early spots to be gone within a couple of hours. In fact I'm taking time of work just so I can be online as soon as the link goes live.

These threads about signing up for this marathon makes me feel like this is the first leg of the race already! I feel like it's two more days until the real challenge begins!! :lmao:

...nervous about getting my registration completed and then my daughter's. :eek:

Yes. In past races the advance registration sports have been limited in number. Though I do not know what that number has been. I personally expect the early spots to be gone within a couple of hours. In fact I'm taking time of work just so I can be online as soon as the link goes live.

I am sure it has been noted a number of times already, but.... 9am est on wednesday???

I called run disney a few weeks ago and they said it would be active today at noon. I guess we'll see.

If anyone was planning on booking their hotel room through GET travel, they have their rates posted already on their website.

The AP spots are capped and they do sell out quick. Some of us keep the AP link private to other AP / DVC only, and some don't care and share the link to everyone under the sun. Personally I don't think that's fair why we AP have to pay more for perks like this and others that don't, get access to things that is reserved for us, so I don't share the link unless it's other AP that can't find the link or see it for some reason.

The AP spots are capped and they do sell out quick. Some of us keep the AP link private to other AP / DVC only, and some don't care and share the link to everyone under the sun. Personally I don't think that's fair why we AP have to pay more for perks like this and others that don't, get access to things that is reserved for us, so I don't share the link unless it's other AP that can't find the link or see it for some reason.

I am currently experiencing issues accessing the AP site. I am giving my active.com and CC info to a trusted friend who also has an AP to register. Still hoping we get in though...

As of 8:30 DVC website still not showing the Avengers race. Really hope to see it on the website soon.

runDisney's website doesn't have any sort of button/link for early registration. Where will that link be at noon today? :confused3

runDisney's website doesn't have any sort of button/link for early registration. Where will that link be at noon today? :confused3

I don't believe it will be on the runDisney site at all. It should be on your Annual Passholder or Vacation Club page, depending on which you qualify for.

Half an hour later and still no WDW AP info on an Avengers race.

I don't believe it will be on the runDisney site at all. It should be on your Annual Passholder or Vacation Club page, depending on which you qualify for.

Half an hour later and still no WDW AP info on an Avengers race.

Thanks! Nothing on DVC, yet, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter