OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Thanks! So after group chatting and discussing what rides everyone wants to do, we decided we will just do one park (DLR). We think for us it will be more cost effective since there are like 10 rides on DLR we want to do versus like 3 on DCA. So that helps with planning.
What we need to determine now is the daily game plan. Should we do the classic rides without FP early on? Then switch to the fun and fast ones? Or the reverse? I’ve always done the most popular first then the least popular last.
So I’m not sure what rides you guys will want, but just one park does make it easier to make a plan. If I were you I’d get there well before rd so you can clear security and be ready to go. If Peter Pan is a must do I would suggest walking with a purpose from the front of rd so you don’t wait long, or making it the last ride of the night so you’re not wasting Park time (as in get in line at 5 mins before closing). As far as everything else I’d hit MP up for one day and immediately pull a MP for a big ticket ride like IJ, ST, Space, etc (personally I would do batter horn since you’ll be in FL) and hit up rides first thing with no FP like in FL. Then I would go to AL area and get FP for another ride as soon as you can (IJ, splash, HMH) and hit up the other rides like pirates and JC since they have no FP. Then finally I’ll trek over to TL as most of those have FP (if you can hit Nemo with FL). That’s kind of a brief guide we would use but hopefully it helps! Let me know if you need more help or have questions!

So I’m not sure what rides you guys will want, but just one park does make it easier to make a plan. If I were you I’d get there well before rd so you can clear security and be ready to go. If Peter Pan is a must do I would suggest walking with a purpose from the front of rd so you don’t wait long, or making it the last ride of the night so you’re not wasting Park time (as in get in line at 5 mins before closing). As far as everything else I’d hit MP up for one day and immediately pull a MP for a big ticket ride like IJ, ST, Space, etc (personally I would do batter horn since you’ll be in FL) and hit up rides first thing with no FP like in FL. Then I would go to AL area and get FP for another ride as soon as you can (IJ, splash, HMH) and hit up the other rides like pirates and JC since they have no FP. Then finally I’ll trek over to TL as most of those have FP (if you can hit Nemo with FL). That’s kind of a brief guide we would use but hopefully it helps! Let me know if you need more help or have questions!
Thank you so much for this! I've been reading some posts about MP, and I think we will get it. it seems to help a lot. And today we decided we will have to get there by RD in order to do everything. One of my friends that is going has never been to any disney park so we are trying to give her a good experience with various rides!
The must rides: Space Mountain, Peter Pan, Big Thunder, Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion
The rides we want to do: Astro Blaster, Mr Toad, Alice in Wonderland, Small World, Pirates
Rides that we can do but won't care if we miss them: Roger Rabbit, Star Tours, Matterhorn (none of us like it, lol), all the other old school rides, Nemo
Rides we don't want: Splash Mountain (we live in So Cal and cold + wet=not good haha)

My daughter is getting so excited for our short girls trip. We are Disney World travellers (my sister works there) so Disneyland is new to us. :) We will be arriving Sunday. Monday we will be at DL. Our 2 main goals are Haunted Mansion and meeting Sally (my 7 year old is a HUGE fan).

I have been looking at meet and greet times. Jack meets from 9:15 - 11 and Sally joins in at 9:40. Then they both meet at 12:20-3:00. I think it would be easier to do the 2nd meeting since we know exactly when Sally will be there. Its too hard to judge when to get in line to see Sally the first meeting and we have already met Jack. I was also thinking of doing the 2nd meet n greet to try and get as much done in the morning as we can since it is predicted to be busy. What time should we be there to get in line for 12:20?

Also My sister gave me some e tickets that I have to get switched to regular tickets. Then I need to add them to the app and get max pass. What is the earliest I can get that done before an 8 am opening?

Thanks for all of your help!!! If you are ever going to Disney World I can help you out :)

My daughter is getting so excited for our short girls trip. We are Disney World travellers (my sister works there) so Disneyland is new to us. :) We will be arriving Sunday. Monday we will be at DL. Our 2 main goals are Haunted Mansion and meeting Sally (my 7 year old is a HUGE fan).

I have been looking at meet and greet times. Jack meets from 9:15 - 11 and Sally joins in at 9:40. Then they both meet at 12:20-3:00. I think it would be easier to do the 2nd meeting since we know exactly when Sally will be there. Its too hard to judge when to get in line to see Sally the first meeting and we have already met Jack. I was also thinking of doing the 2nd meet n greet to try and get as much done in the morning as we can since it is predicted to be busy. What time should we be there to get in line for 12:20?

Also My sister gave me some e tickets that I have to get switched to regular tickets. Then I need to add them to the app and get max pass. What is the earliest I can get that done before an 8 am opening?

Thanks for all of your help!!! If you are ever going to Disney World I can help you out :)
Have you tried to scan them into the app? Our e-tickets scanned right in and we just scan them at the gate and they give you a hard ticket there. It’s worth a try- otherwise maybe go the night before if possible. Not sure when the ticket booths open but at least by 7- possibly earlier

We just cannot keep the sickness away! I thought we had patched it together and we were well enough to travel. But, the school nurse called and this morning and my son has a fever. We are at the doctors office now. Our flight is supposed to leave tonight at 5:00 PM. It's not looking good.

Are we there yet????? I am sooooooooooo ready for this vacation!!!:jumping1:
from your signature it looks like we will be there around the same time. Beyond ready for this trip. It feels like I was just making reservations at the 60th day mark.
:cool1:

We just cannot keep the sickness away! I thought we had patched it together and we were well enough to travel. But, the school nurse called and this morning and my son has a fever. We are at the doctors office now. Our flight is supposed to leave tonight at 5:00 PM. It's not looking good.
oh no! Sending good wishes you waypixiedust:

Have you tried to scan them into the app? Our e-tickets scanned right in and we just scan them at the gate and they give you a hard ticket there. It’s worth a try- otherwise maybe go the night before if possible. Not sure when the ticket booths open but at least by 7- possibly earlier
It won’t let me scan them in the app. They are complimentary cast member tickets. So I think I will have to do it when I get there.

from your signature it looks like we will be there around the same time. Beyond ready for this trip. It feels like I was just making reservations at the 60th day mark.
:cool1:

Yes, I can remember vigorously calling and hoping to get all the ressies I wanted. Ironically I was able to but not sure why since I am expecting BIG crowds! o_O

I have had problems with the APP. I wanted to be all set to enter on Sunday, so I entered one ticket 2 weeks ago, and it then said my ticket expired in 13 days or, 11/30. I called tech support and they said it is a known issue, but as long as the ticket has not been used before we actually enter the park, we should be good to go. I hope so! Don't want to get stuck at the entrance with a ticket issue.

Oh no...thoughts and prayers headed your way!

So sorry to hear this. Thinking of you and hoping you are on that flight!

Oh No! I hope you can get some meds from the doc!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter