• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

It’s been quiet in this thread! I feel like thanksgiving is over we are officially in countdown mode to our Christmas break trip! I bought kiddos gift card today for their fun money and got snacks and little toys for their plane bags.

That's because we were all eating Turkey and Christmas shopping!!! :D

We are supposed to leave Friday and I have a house full of sick people. Pretty sure the strep has cleared out after several days of antibiotics but now we seem to be battling a secondary viral infection. PULEASE let this clear out before Friday!!!! Has anyone ever had to cancel a Disney trip due to illness?
Yes. There are times when I just know I won't be having any fun and there's no point in forcing myself to go.

OTOH, if you are staying in a nice hotel where you think you can get plenty of rest, you may still want to go, knowing that if you get too tired, you'll be spending a lot more time at the hotel than you normally would. Also, check weather reports. Weather can drastically change how you all are feeling.
Going back to work tomorrow after two weeks off with pneumonia. Work four days and then leave Friday morning. Stll thinking about canceling the Burbank part of the trip to just do a relaxing trip to recover from the pneumonia.
When I had pneumonia, I got a sore throat anytime the wind blew on me for the next year. Be sure to bundle up, get your fluids and plan lots of rest. I think cutting out part of your trip may be a good idea.

Speedy recovery to you both.

We don't arrive till Saturday. Well technically Sunday home time as we are flying from Australia. Its going to be a long week just waiting :) . Have a great day tomorrow.

How weird! I have a second cousin named Paul Smith who lives in Oz! What part of Oz are you from and is your mum's name Ruth?

Quick check-in, I'm on the Lilly Belle! Huzzah for the Grand Circle Tour! I highly recommend it if you like trains and Disney history. I'll get a TR going with LOTS of pics when I get back.

Wow, I’m so jealous! How great for you, hope you enjoyed (it sounded like you did!) and look forward to the TR.

We are supposed to leave Friday and I have a house full of sick people. Pretty sure the strep has cleared out after several days of antibiotics but now we seem to be battling a secondary viral infection. PULEASE let this clear out before Friday!!!! Has anyone ever had to cancel a Disney trip due to illness?
I really hope you're all feeling better. We've come close to canceling a trip, but my DSes (who were the sickest ones) said they'd rather be sick there than at home. I knew it was almost over and felt like we wouldn't be contaminating every person we came in contact with, so we went. The boys rallied fast (they were 10 and 12 at the time). Disney magic works wonders. pixiedust:

I will add, though, that we drove that trip. I don't think we could have handled the cabin pressure from flying as we all had head colds. . .

Quick check-in, I'm on the Lilly Belle! Huzzah for the Grand Circle Tour! I highly recommend it if you like trains and Disney history. I'll get a TR going with LOTS of pics when I get back.

Too funny...I just started a thread asking for feedback on this tour. Looks like I'll be booking this for the train fanatics in my family!!!

I'm glad to hear such good reports on the tour! When they first announced it it sounded like it was just a ride around the park in the Lilly Belle but the reports are that there is a lot more to it! Thanks for sharing!

We are leaving from AZ in 5 days! :) Just spending one day (Monday) at the Parks though. Have a great time!
Thanks. We go to the parks on Sunday through Thursday, friday we are going to a live taping of Roseanne. We are driving from Maricopa.

Thanks. We go to the parks on Sunday through Thursday, friday we are going to a live taping of Roseanne. We are driving from Maricopa.
We're driving from Mesa. We took our whole family last year during this week, and looking forward to a much shorter, less-exhausting fun trip for just me and my husband this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter