Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

So we’re here and we tried yesterday to get a bus from TTC to MK and the only options right now are monorail and the ferry.
In normal times, bus service depends on crowd level. They only run when there are expected to be more Guests than the monorails & ferries can reasonably accommodate, and usually just for a couple of hours in the morning, and sometimes at closing.

I cannot find the answer to this... what time are the busses starting to run? Will be there Jan 15-19 and I'm working on our transportation options. Staying at SSR.

About 45 minutes before park open. If you want to be there earlier take an Uber (to contemporary for MK, speedway station for HS, and a boardwalk resort for Epcot. I believe there’s not somewhere for AK). Or if you don’t want to pay for Uber, you can pay less to take a lynx bus to AK, HS, or Epcot at 7 from Disney Springs or the TTC pretty much any time throughout the day.

About 45 minutes before park open. If you want to be there earlier take an Uber (to contemporary for MK, speedway station for HS, and a boardwalk resort for Epcot. I believe there’s not somewhere for AK). Or if you don’t want to pay for Uber, you can pay less to take a lynx bus to AK, HS, or Epcot at 7 from Disney Springs or the TTC pretty much any time throughout the day.
As @disneylover102 the buses will start running approx 45-60 mins before park opening but people will begin to line up 90 mins before park opening and often before that. If you want to RD a park and go via bus I recommend being in line a minimum of 90 mins before park opening.

Looking to take a car service from off-site to Epcot on NYE and then back home. Where are we allowed to get dropped off and picked up? And how early can we get dropped off when the park opens at 10? We'd take an uber there, but I want to pre-book something for the way home. Thanks!

Looking to take a car service from off-site to Epcot on NYE and then back home. Where are we allowed to get dropped off and picked up? And how early can we get dropped off when the park opens at 10? We'd take an uber there, but I want to pre-book something for the way home. Thanks!
My understanding is that Ubers don’t have priority over other cars so you’ll have to wait until an hour (maybe less) before it opens for the Uber to be able to pull in. You can be dropped off at the front of the park I believe. You can also schedule an Uber ahead of time.

My understanding is that Ubers don’t have priority over other cars so you’ll have to wait until an hour (maybe less) before it opens for the Uber to be able to pull in. You can be dropped off at the front of the park I believe. You can also schedule an Uber ahead of time.

For Epcot, you can always take an Uber to Yacht Club, Beach Club or Boardwalk and enter through the International Gateway. A bit further of walk if you were planning on rushing to Futureworld for a ride, but strolling in through the Boardwalk area is always great.

Magical Express Question - I've only taken Magical Express once in my life (just after Thanksgiving, 2017) and I know back then we had to get bag tickets ahead of time and reserve our ride to and from the resort. What is the procedure now ? We are arriving in mid January and plan to take ME from Orlando International .... I assume we just retrieve our own bags from baggage pickup and head to the Magical Express area for a ride ? We're arriving around 10:50am on a Tuesday ... what's a reasonable time budget from airport to resort ? I understand there's a bunch of factors that could play into, just wondering what the "usual" is.

Magical Express Question - I've only taken Magical Express once in my life (just after Thanksgiving, 2017) and I know back then we had to get bag tickets ahead of time and reserve our ride to and from the resort. What is the procedure now ? We are arriving in mid January and plan to take ME from Orlando International .... I assume we just retrieve our own bags from baggage pickup and head to the Magical Express area for a ride ? We're arriving around 10:50am on a Tuesday ... what's a reasonable time budget from airport to resort ? I understand there's a bunch of factors that could play into, just wondering what the "usual" is.

You still will need to reserve in advance. Get your own bags from baggage claim and then go to the bus area. Plan 90 minutes until you’re at your hotel.

You still will need to reserve in advance. Get your own bags from baggage claim and then go to the bus area. Plan 90 minutes until you’re at your hotel.
Thanks. How do I reserve in advance ? I did not see an option when I did my early check in ... do I need to call ahead ? If it matters, I rented DVC points from a friend.

Edit: From the magic of Google, looks like I do need to call 407-939-1936 and arrange ahead of time. Thanks for responding to the thread - could have been a problem if we didn't arrange beforehand.

Last edited:
Mini Golf question if someone can help... With Blizzard Beach closed, how can you get to Winter Summerland? We will be there this weekend for a quick trip and staying at CSR. We will probably be doing AK on Saturday and MK on Sunday. We may break up the day and I am trying to keep my tween occupied, all he wants to do is go back to the room and sit on his ipad. Since it won't be pool weather, I though mini golf would be fun. Thanks!

Mini Golf question if someone can help... With Blizzard Beach closed, how can you get to Winter Summerland? We will be there this weekend for a quick trip and staying at CSR. We will probably be doing AK on Saturday and MK on Sunday. We may break up the day and I am trying to keep my tween occupied, all he wants to do is go back to the room and sit on his ipad. Since it won't be pool weather, I though mini golf would be fun. Thanks!
With the water park still closed, Uber, Lyft or taxi is your best option.

Okay guys...lets see if we can organize any and all quetions pertaining to transportation within WDW here. It may help others to know exactly where to go to get the best info.
I expect to see lots of good info here everyone. But, not looking for debates on rental car vs buses. Basically how to get around using Disney transportation only.
Thanks..and have at it!!!:boat::drive::tiptoe::teleport:

I'll start with this one.....(thanks MagicBus)

Bus & Monorail Park to Park Transportation

From MK to:
AK, bus at MK bus stop
DHS, bus at MK bus stop
Epcot, Monorail from TTC

From Epcot to:
AK, bus
DHS, bus
TTC/MK, Monorail

From DHS to:
AK, bus
Epcot, bus
MK, bus stop

From AK to:
DHS, bus
Epcot bus
MK, bus stop

There is also boat transportation between DHS & Epcot.

In the past, there have been buses from CSR to BB when the water park was closed, to accommodate mini-golfers. I don't know whether they are running currently. Ask a bus driver.

If you all are ambitious, you can also walk. There's a sidewalk that runs from CSR, past BB & W-S, and on to the ASR's. It's about a mile from the front of CSR to W-S. Ask a resort front desk or bell cm for directions.

I am looking for best and fastest way to get to Disney Springs from Fort Wilderness. And how long should I expect it to take?
There should be a bus from FtW Outpost (the check-in area) to DS. Travel time is not very long, probably about 10 minutes. But I don't know how often they are running currently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter