• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official July 2018 Thread!

Hi there, I’m Jenn and my DH is Tony. We love Disney, but because we live far away in Australia we haven’t been to Disney since 2007 when our kids were tween/teens - they are now all independent adults!

I’m travelling to the USA in late July to present at a conference in Chicago, and then I’m presenting at another conference in Toronto 8 days later. So... Great opportunity to take those days in-between and spend them at DisneyWorld - where I’ve always wanted to go and never had the opportunity because... well that distance from Australia...

We are arriving at MCO on the 31st July and leaving for Toronto on the 5th of August. Just 4.5 days to fit EVERYTHING DISNEY into our lives :hourglass.

Until last weekend we were booked into the Doubletree off-site, but with the Disney specials I moved us on-site to POP because the deal was good and saved us over USD$300 on our accommodation (yay).

The meals are booked - at 160 days with many many tweaks since then :idea:.
The FPs were booked at 7am (your time - our time 9pm) - at 60 days with many many tweaks since then :-)

Now just trying to decide whether to use that accommodation savings to give us 1 night at an upgraded Disney resort for our last day - it’s not a planned park day, so we’d like to spend the day relaxing by a nice pool... I started a thread asking for advice on that yesterday. Lots of great suggestions, but we are still thinking on it because of the budget consideration... :ssst:

Because we’ve only got the 31st of July then the rest of our stay is August I wasn’t sure whether to put myself in here, or in the August thread - what’s everyone’s advice on that? Should I be here, or there, or hang out in both?

Jenn...

Hi there, I’m Jenn and my DH is Tony. We love Disney, but because we live far away in Australia we haven’t been to Disney since 2007 when our kids were tween/teens - they are now all independent adults!

I’m travelling to the USA in late July to present at a conference in Chicago, and then I’m presenting at another conference in Toronto 8 days later. So... Great opportunity to take those days in-between and spend them at DisneyWorld - where I’ve always wanted to go and never had the opportunity because... well that distance from Australia...

We are arriving at MCO on the 31st July and leaving for Toronto on the 5th of August. Just 4.5 days to fit EVERYTHING DISNEY into our lives :hourglass.

Until last weekend we were booked into the Doubletree off-site, but with the Disney specials I moved us on-site to POP because the deal was good and saved us over USD$300 on our accommodation (yay).

The meals are booked - at 160 days with many many tweaks since then :idea:.
The FPs were booked at 7am (your time - our time 9pm) - at 60 days with many many tweaks since then :-)

Now just trying to decide whether to use that accommodation savings to give us 1 night at an upgraded Disney resort for our last day - it’s not a planned park day, so we’d like to spend the day relaxing by a nice pool... I started a thread asking for advice on that yesterday. Lots of great suggestions, but we are still thinking on it because of the budget consideration... :ssst:

Because we’ve only got the 31st of July then the rest of our stay is August I wasn’t sure whether to put myself in here, or in the August thread - what’s everyone’s advice on that? Should I be here, or there, or hang out in both?

Jenn...
I would highly suggest that you get a room at the Beach Club. It’s the perfect resort to spend the day because of the pool Stormalong Bay is a mini water park. You will not regret it.

My daughter’s friend just returned from a semester abroad in Australia and had the most incredible experiences there. You live in amazing country/continent!

I would highly suggest that you get a room at the Beach Club. It’s the perfect resort to spend the day because of the pool Stormalong Bay is a mini water park. You will not regret it.

My daughter’s friend just returned from a semester abroad in Australia and had the most incredible experiences there. You live in amazing country/continent!

Thanks! We looked at the BC and YC. BC sold out between yesterday and today! And we liked the look of YC anyway - so have booked that today.

We like where we live :beach:

Thanks! We looked at the BC and YC. BC sold out between yesterday and today! And we liked the look of YC anyway - so have booked that today.

We like where we live :beach:
Congratulations!!! You will not regret it.

Our first split stay at All Stars Music - 1 week, and Beach Club - 2 days, was a game changer for us. We go less often, but we always go deluxe now. We have been going for 14 years to WDW, and we travel much differently than we did in the beginning. We are in the parks in the morning and spend the rest of our time at our resort or deluxe restaurants.

The YC and BC are located in what is called the EPCOT resort area. You are within walking distance to EPCOT and the Boardwalk area and at one of the stops for the FriendShip boats. The boats originate at EPCOT and end at Hollywood Studios, with intermediate stops at the Boardwalk, YC/BC, and Swan/Dolphin.

The Crescent Lake sunsets (which the YC and BC overlook) are truly beautiful.

I highly suggest visiting the YC/BC thread, if you have not already done so. There is a wealth of info there and some very friendly folks.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...questions-room-refurbs-complete-2017.3400342/

I think you made a very wise selection for your final night at WDW!

Last edited:

Leaving for Disney World tomorrow night, for the first time in 4 years! Switched last minute to BCV from Boardwalk Inn...hope it was the right choice. One question: Will they ever relocate you from a Villa to a Deluxe Resort if you are not a DVC Member and have secured a room at the Villas? BCV. here we come!

Leaving for Disney World tomorrow night, for the first time in 4 years! Switched last minute to BCV from Boardwalk Inn...hope it was the right choice. One question: Will they ever relocate you from a Villa to a Deluxe Resort if you are not a DVC Member and have secured a room at the Villas? BCV. here we come!
Before I respond, I'm prefacing this with it is 3:40AM EST(or EDT, whichever, lol), I just finished a major part of my 'last' MBA project, and my brain is essentially jello right now.
My understanding is that the room you book, is the room you will get, unless of a major problem at central Reservations. I've read of people stating that they were downgraded from Preferred to Standard at one of the Value Resorts (All-Star Movies, I think), but I'm pretty sure they won't move you from a villa to a Deluxe report if there is availability and you have a confirmed reservation. Safe travels!!!

Last magic band shipped, I've got all the luggage tags for ME, ADRs and FP are now firm, anniversary cake ordered for HDDR, and I'm having anxiety nightmares about the trip. So I'd say I'm all set:rotfl2:

Can't wait to see TSL and ride the new rides.

Just finished booking our trip to DW last night. It will be my wife and my first trip in 6 years. A lot has changed since then at DW and for us since we have two kids now so it's going to be fun. We are staying at All Star Movies. We've never stayed there before but I'm sure we'll like it. Our previous two trips we stayed at Pop Century and All Star Music.

Single digit day!! It's time to look at forecasts (hot, hotter....I'm melting!!) and let the packing begin! This time of year I look forward to rain at Disney as long as it's not a monsoon! Even then, as long as I can take cover somewhere, it feels SO much better after the rain!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter