***Official June 2018***

I
My DH and oldest did this in January. They LOVED it. I am sure we will do it while there, just don't want to schedule too much yet.

@Roxyfire - I am in awe of how you are keeping everyone updated (and I have an update too:duck:lol)-I think you have me on first page twice-also we are FW cabins June 3-8, then Marriott Cypress Harbour June 10-17 (beach in between).

Are we gonna try to do buttons/color tags etc or anything to see if we can spot some others in the parks?

Fastpass day is tomorrow for us. Prob only gonna do 4 days of FP (June4-7) for now, just so we have a FoP and SDMT in hand-those are the 2 I have consistently found tough to get-although we have gotten both day off with persistence. I can only have 7 days total of FP anyway, unless onsite stay exceeds that number.

We have so much we want to do I could extend to 3 weeks :rolleyes1 @stoneyloon -where are you guys staying? I hear ya on expense of onsite-plus we like to spread out and being confined to a motel room for more than a few days will make us all cranky lol!
I'm down for a colored tag or something!

I think you missed me on the last page...could have been the novel I wrote. No worries! :)

Ooops! A week with no sleep makes me a bad thread leader :P You should be on there now!

We’re joining a bit late... (DW, DD & me)

Staying offsite from 9th - 30th June.
2 rooms for 3 weeks on-site was way too much $$$$$’s!
We have 3 week passes for Disney and 2 weeks for Universal.
Booked our first morning’s breakfast at 1900 Park Fare but nothing else yet!
We’ve been to Disney a few times over the years but this is our first go at Universal. It’s DD’s last holiday with us as she’ll be 18 by then so got to make it a good one, better start booking some other things soon....

Cheers,
Adam.

I think you might win the prize for longest stay in the thread, if there was one! Welcome and enjoy all your time in Orlando!

@Roxyfire could you update my info? I have a split stay May 29-June 3 at POR and June 3-9 at Orange Lake Resort.

Thanks! :)

55 days to go! I've been told to check tomorrow for my first offsite fp day, so looks like I'll be either getting up at 5:30 am again or just hope for the best when I normally get up. Though the sucky part is, I'd have to get up at 5:30 each day if it works the way others claim.. I don't know that I want to do that LOL homeschooling has its perks :D I could get hubby to do it, but he's so slow hahah! We shall see!

Update done!

June 28-July 5th, AOA, My parent's 45th anniversary, 11 of us, maybe 10 if Army has it's way. We all went 11 years ago, 3 families, now our kids are 19, 18, 17, 16, and 15. They were 8, 7, 6, 5, 4,

You're in, hopefully the Army doesn't have it's way this time... Have a great time!

@Roxyfire - I am in awe of how you are keeping everyone updated (and I have an update too:duck:lol)-I think you have me on first page twice-also we are FW cabins June 3-8, then Marriott Cypress Harbour June 10-17 (beach in between).

Oops got you updated too! Thanks to the power of multiple tabs and copy and paste I can make it happen!

Okay. I've been in a non-Disney planning mood lately. I know... how is there such a thing! I know I at least said I was going on this thread because I see my name on the first page. :) We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter.

As for planning, I did get out ADRs done, because... that's a must. I even got us breakfast at the castle. I'm more than excited about that!!! I'll try to join in the fun a bit more here now. Winter is always rough because I tend to get sick, but plans of Disney are now dancing in my head!

One of the biggest reasons Magical Express is free is that it keeps people onsite to spend more money. It's a loss leader for them but if it weren't profitable, they would have the data to show that and would charge for it. Also, because they contract it out to Mears, there might be some issues with charging because right now it's free so if you wait, you get what you paid for. If people get charged it'll put a larger strain on the partnership to meet certain KPIs and staffing levels. Does that mean I think they'll never charge for it? No, but I do think it'll have to stay cheaper than parking onsite and probably a flat rate each way.

Ahhhh, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation- I knew there had to be a logical one. We've always stayed onsite, but do other local hotels and resorts charge for parking too? If not this may really turn people off to staying onsite in the future.

Trip planned for DS high school graduation! We arrive June 3rd (Graduation is at 2, June 2nd) Our family and 2 other families with graduating seniors going .. all 3 families staying at Pop Century.. We plan on Disney everyday but the 8th and 9th we will be venturing over to Universal -

We will be there June 3rd -checking out June 14th -
Family 2 - arriving June 3rd - leaving June 10
Family 3 -arriving June 3rd -leaving June 8th

My family and I are unexpectedly going June 23 - 28, 2018. We are staying at Wilderness Lodge. We are taking my son's best friend == it's his first time!! It's also our first time taking one of my son's friends on vacation with us. We are also meeting up with another one of my son's friends and his family. My son, his BFF and his other best bud are all football brothers and are all graduating high school. Looking forward to getting that iconic pic of all three of them with their graduation Mickey Ears on in front of the castle!!!

Congratulations to you other parents of seniors!!! That's so cool they'll be able to be there together to celebrate such a great occasion! Having chaperoned DS's high school band trip to Disney last year I can tell you it was such a heartwarming experience to see a bunch of teenagers still getting excited about Disney, especially the ones who had never been before. It'll be here before we know it!

Add us to the list! We are staying at CSR from June 3-10th! We are first timers. It is my husband and I and our two boys (10 and 6.)

I just booked my FP this morning and got everything I wanted! June 8th is our AK day and I got FOP at 12:55, which was even the time I was going for. I am so happy and excited!

Ahhhh, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation- I knew there had to be a logical one. We've always stayed onsite, but do other local hotels and resorts charge for parking too? If not this may really turn people off to staying onsite in the future.

Yes a lot do, and possibly charge a resort fee as well. However most of the off-site places are much cheaper. While most won't get the 60 day FP, even the Disney Springs area hotels have that benefit now. So for the all in price if one is driving, it might make way more sense to do a different resort and drive over every day based on the savings. I've never stayed anywhere but onsite, and I don't drive or rent a car in the area so I can't say if it's a hassle or not. But now if family or friends ask me about going, I might be recommending that they look at Disney Springs hotels or Hilton Bonnet Creek before they look at WDW on-site resorts.

Add us to the list! We are staying at CSR from June 3-10th! We are first timers. It is my husband and I and our two boys (10 and 6.)

I just booked my FP this morning and got everything I wanted! June 8th is our AK day and I got FOP at 12:55, which was even the time I was going for. I am so happy and excited!

Welcome to the Disboards and welcome to our thread! You're going to have an amazing time. And if you aren't excited enough, you're staying at a great resort! Yes there might be some construction but don't worry too much. The DisUnplugged team did a resort stay there and in case you haven't seen their video yet, here it is:

and just found this one too!

Last edited:
Good Morning fellow June travelers!

I was on the MDE last night playing around looking at reservations and for fun looked to see if I could get a Beaches and Cream reservation and low and behold I got 2!!! What??? :eek::eek::eek::cheer2::cheer2: Y'all know how hard that is to get! So my first one is at 11am on Sun June 3 at 11am, however we have Bon Voyage breakfast at 8:55 am, so we would basically eat 2 times, literally in a row if we could even make it to the reservation on time! :confused3 I booked it though in hopes that maybe I could switch my BV breakfast to another morning. However, that was not an option. :scratchin So I thought well for fun let me see if I can find another B&C reservation later that week, I mean really what were my odds? Not good haha! :rotfl:But I found another one for Friday June 8 at 1 pm! :woohoo::woohoo: So of course I booked it! I am probably going to cancel the Sunday at 11 am one, though I much prefer that time, but after talking to hubby last night, this is our plan: We have a scheduled an Epcot day that day, we can walk to B&C for food, we plan to have a snack lunch from the showcase and go for the Kitchen Sink at 1pm! The kids all want to try it, so they will be surprised when we actually go, not telling them ahead of time! :thumbsup2 I am going to do one last search this week for a BV breakfast to another day and then if not I'll cancel the Sun reservation since it's so sought after all.

So here is my updated dining plans, I did end up dropping some of the reservations I had already made.

May 30th- Crt Breakfast
May 31- Whispering Canyon Dinner
June 1- Ohana Breakfast
June 3 - Bon Voyage Breakfast
June 4- BOG Lunch
June 6- 50' Prime Time Dinner
June 8 - B&C Lunch (aka Kitchen Sink)

All other meals will be standard counter service, hotel breakfast, in room easy breakfast or offsite lunches ( we are offsite 2nd week).

Welcome to the Disboards and welcome to our thread! You're going to have an amazing time. And if you aren't excited enough, you're staying at a great resort! Yes there might be some construction but don't worry too much. The DisUnplugged team did a resort stay there and in case you haven't seen their video yet, here it is:

and just found this one too!

I stayed at CSR for this first time this past February and LOVED it. It's really gorgeous (just ignore the construction off to the side), and if your kids enjoy swimming, you're going to have a tough time getting them out of the pool. :D When you're closer to your travel dates, like three or four days out, call Guest Services and put in a request for a renovated room. The new rooms really are as beautiful as the Dis team says, and they've got MADD storage!!!

Is it just me or does anyone else feel a bit more excited about their upcoming trip when the count moves from 60 to 59? That just seems closer to me...
:jumping1:

We've always stayed onsite, but do other local hotels and resorts charge for parking too? If not this may really turn people off to staying onsite in the future.
Some of them do, like the DS hotels, but even with the fees, the overall rate per night is still usually cheaper than staying onsite. I'll be looking into the DS hotels in the future, if we aren't doing a DVC stay because they now get the 60 day FP window and EMH!

Okay, I got my 1 day of FPs scheduled this morning. I had hoped to get AM FPs for 7DMT but there wasn't much hope before noon. I tried to modify but I didn't want to spend too much time on it so I threw in the towel after a few minutes. Anyway, I just quickly adjusted our touring plan and moved some attractions around and got it all to work out.

Hopefully everyone else got what they wanted.

On Friday I have to decide when I am getting up to do ADRs for our October trip. I want to book the Return to Sleepy Hollow event so I might just get up in time to call in for that - I'm assuming 7am - and then book my 2 other - yes, just two - ADRs at that time. Planning a PPO at H&V on our DHS day to ease the JTA sign up process and then a lunch at The Boathouse on our DS day. We are only staying 4 nights and will be arriving very late on Wednesday and doing the Halloween party on Thursday, DS/Sleepy Hollow event on Friday, and DHS on Saturday. Driving home Sunday.

Okay, I got my 1 day of FPs scheduled this morning. I had hoped to get AM FPs for 7DMT but there wasn't much hope before noon. I tried to modify but I didn't want to spend too much time on it so I threw in the towel after a few minutes. Anyway, I just quickly adjusted our touring plan and moved some attractions around and got it all to work out.

Hopefully everyone else got what they wanted.

On Friday I have to decide when I am getting up to do ADRs for our October trip. I want to book the Return to Sleepy Hollow event so I might just get up in time to call in for that - I'm assuming 7am - and then book my 2 other - yes, just two - ADRs at that time. Planning a PPO at H&V on our DHS day to ease the JTA sign up process and then a lunch at The Boathouse on our DS day. We are only staying 4 nights and will be arriving very late on Wednesday and doing the Halloween party on Thursday, DS/Sleepy Hollow event on Friday, and DHS on Saturday. Driving home Sunday.
Can you PLEASE just discuss June plans here instead of making those of us with only one scheduled trip WILDLY JEALOUS??? :P:P:P

I really AM kidding, except about the jealousy part. :jester: I would LOVE to do the Sleepy Hollow event, and am looking forward to pics and tales when you go!!! ;)

Fastpasses are made!! Got everything I wanted (except TSMM that's still not available), not necessarily at the times I wanted but we'll make it work and I'll keep checking!

Me too! I'm going to tweek mine a little with times. We are also interested in The Void. Looks like you still cannot book for June. AND - I am rethinking Blaze Fast fired pizza. Kids (teenagers) did something similar in our hometown and were not impressed.

Can you PLEASE just discuss June plans here instead of making those of us with only one scheduled trip WILDLY JEALOUS??? :P:P:P

I really AM kidding, except about the jealousy part. :jester: I would LOVE to do the Sleepy Hollow event, and am looking forward to pics and tales when you go!!! ;)
If I had a "real" trip booked for June, I wouldn't have to discuss October...lol. I really shouldn't say that. June will be fun but I really need to be able to plan more than I am having to. I will enjoy both my June and Oct trips but I really, really cannot wait til June 2019!

Well today is 60 days out, and I almost forgot about fastpasses LOL. Logged on a couple hours late to snag SDMT and FoP for day/time I wanted, then did a few others on lunch break today.
but do other local hotels and resorts charge for parking too? If not this may really turn people off to staying onsite in the future.

Some of them do, like the DS hotels, but even with the fees, the overall rate per night is still usually cheaper than staying onsite. I'll be looking into the DS hotels in the future, if we aren't doing a DVC stay because they now get the 60 day FP window and EMH!
And subscribe to Mousesavers! I missed the free parking deal at DS Doubletree, current offer is free breakfast Parking $22 I think). Looking at B Resort right now through a Mousesavers deal -50% off resort fee, no parking fee, free upgrade, rooms $133/night - oh and you can now get purchases delivered to the Disney store at this resort! Sooooo-only charging and ME are left as onsite "perk". We have MB from previous trips, AP to not pay for park parking. Just have to pull trigger for May trip (very quick to drop kid off for summer program-likely only a couple nights-but definitely making it to Epcot for last of F&G). Have stayed at both these previously. Or go super cheap and further offsite (DD will be our driver) as we would be back 2 weeks later...leaning towards that so have more budget to do stuff in June...like the Void!
Me too! I'm going to tweek mine a little with times. We are also interested in The Void. Looks like you still cannot book for June. AND - I am rethinking Blaze Fast fired pizza. Kids (teenagers) did something similar in our hometown and were not impressed.
We did the new Pizza Ponte in Disney Springs in January (right after it opened) We thought it was good, but it is more "gourmet" although they do have the basics too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter