***Official June 2018***

I have a magic shot question. Last time we were there, we knew about the shots but hadn't actually found a list of where specific shots could be found. So we just asked if they had any and did what the photographer said. Well, because im crazy and have run out of obsessive planning topics until soft opening dates are released for TSL, I have found the list of current shots in the parks. If you want a specific one, do you ask for that one particularly? When we asked last trip, we kept getting the same couple, Tink and balloons being the ones that come to mind. But if we asked for something else, they seemed to get frustrated and irritated. So, what do you guys do? Do you wait in the line until you get to the front of the line and then ask if they can do a specific shot? Do you just assume because it is on the list that they can do them in the right locations? Trying to make a list of the must dos for us, but i just dont know what the protocol is. I hate to waste a significant amount of time waiting in a line for a shot they cant do, but also dont want to interrupt a photographer while s/he is working. What do you guys do?

I'd bet fairly stable, although it seems new ones get added.
Was hoping the panther one in DAK would stay or come back.

So did you guys see the news...Disney After Hours announced today for summer dates. There is two dates in late June. The rest are in July and August and one in September.

So did you guys see the news...Disney After Hours announced today for summer dates. There is two dates in late June. The rest are in July and August and one in September.

Sure did, it's definitely on the edge of decent there. I'm not sure how I feel about it. On one hand I would probably consider it for a shorter trip. On the other it feels a little scummy to sell off rather popular park hours like that. Of course the Halloween and Christmas parties are the same so it's getting harder and harder to rationalize this type of business choice.

Hooray! It's a great event.

It does sound fun but I'm slightly apprehensive about what this means for the future park hours. That being said, I hope everyone who decides to go has a great time!

Thank you so much for posting this ArielSRL! I never would have thought to even look for this considering that I don't think that they have historically offered this event during the summer months. I've always wanted to try it but didn't think I would get the opportunity since we typically head down to DW in the summer. I don't really think I should be this excited though about handing more of my money over to Disney :).

So instead of later summer hours Disney gives us DAH... thanks?

That said, the first one is on the 28th, a day we already planned to be at MK and I would totally have considered it. But we are already doing EMM and dessert party on the 24th so I just can’t justify the additional $480. Booo.

It does sound fun but I'm slightly apprehensive about what this means for the future park hours. That being said, I hope everyone who decides to go has a great time!
This sums it up for me as well. Although I would have been interested in the Glow thingy at the waterparks-but all this starts after we leave. Really really hoping for AP preview for TSL before we leave so we have option of not taking kids in August-but if not then I will hope my DD is able to score a CM rate at a resort. Our final payment for our October cruise is in August so that month needs to be budget!
The biggest splurge I am (still) thinking about is golf cart for our time at the Fort. But DH finally went through his CC rewards and found some about to expire in July from an account he no longer uses (he has tape on his CC to say what to use them for for best %rewards-we own our fundraising business so it makes sense to capitalize) that at least is good for gas on drive down and back. And I found $50 gift card for hotels.com for $5 on my allstate rewards-hesitant about getting it but at most I am out $5 so what the heck. Can help pay for hotel on way down and back as well.

This sums it up for me as well. Although I would have been interested in the Glow thingy at the waterparks-but all this starts after we leave. Really really hoping for AP preview for TSL before we leave so we have option of not taking kids in August-but if not then I will hope my DD is able to score a CM rate at a resort. Our final payment for our October cruise is in August so that month needs to be budget!
The biggest splurge I am (still) thinking about is golf cart for our time at the Fort. But DH finally went through his CC rewards and found some about to expire in July from an account he no longer uses (he has tape on his CC to say what to use them for for best %rewards-we own our fundraising business so it makes sense to capitalize) that at least is good for gas on drive down and back. And I found $50 gift card for hotels.com for $5 on my allstate rewards-hesitant about getting it but at most I am out $5 so what the heck. Can help pay for hotel on way down and back as well.

I think that glow nights is a fine because it attracts guests to a park that otherwise would be closed and might need the attendance boost. I can only imagine the feeling of those people who are going in late August that now have to dodge these halloween parties and some of these after hours events.

Question about Be Our Guest @ Lunch - my plan is to order our meal ahead of time so there's little to no wait...and I know I can order it 30 days ahead of time, but is that 30 days prior to my lunch reservation (which is June 14th) or 30 days prior to my vacation start date, which is June 8th?

Thanks!!

Good news for us! We were able to get a spot at the DVC Moonlight Magic event on May 30th! I was sure that the offsite people would get nothing but it seems they might have set some aside which is really great. We've never done a DVC event before nor have we been to Typhoon Lagoon so that'll be a treat!

Question about Be Our Guest @ Lunch - my plan is to order our meal ahead of time so there's little to no wait...and I know I can order it 30 days ahead of time, but is that 30 days prior to my lunch reservation (which is June 14th) or 30 days prior to my vacation start date, which is June 8th?

Thanks!!

It's 30 days prior to the date of your actual ADR. Also on the MDE site (not the app) it will tell you which day you can start your pre-order. For my June 7th ADR I can start pre-ordering on the 8th of May (I think). But I typically wait until a week or so before even though we don't really order anything different. You can even wait up until the morning of if you aren't sure which things you want. I defintely recommend pre-ordering because it saves so much time. The only thing is, it doesn't help much if you have the first lunch seating, they held us near the ordering stations anyway and everyone in front of us hadn't ordered yet. But otherwise it's always been great even the day of the ADR.

It's 30 days prior to the date of your actual ADR. Also on the MDE site (not the app) it will tell you which day you can start your pre-order. For my June 7th ADR I can start pre-ordering on the 8th of May (I think). But I typically wait until a week or so before even though we don't really order anything different. You can even wait up until the morning of if you aren't sure which things you want. I defintely recommend pre-ordering because it saves so much time. The only thing is, it doesn't help much if you have the first lunch seating, they held us near the ordering stations anyway and everyone in front of us hadn't ordered yet. But otherwise it's always been great even the day of the ADR.

Ok, so I looked into my account and went to the day of the ADR (which sadly is our last day and that's our last ADR) and it says I can make my food selections on May 15th!!! WOOT! WOOT! Never done that before and I'm a little excited..I'm not gonna lie..it's the little things that make me :cool1:

On the other it feels a little scummy to sell off rather popular park hours like that.
Agreed. I'm surprised I haven't seen much outrage about it but maybe I am just missing it.

So instead of later summer hours Disney gives us DAH... thanks?
Yep. And the bad thing is, even if some of these upcharge events annoy me, I still try or want to partake in them because they save me time or trouble.

I can only imagine the feeling of those people who are going in late August that now have to dodge these halloween parties and some of these after hours events.
Yep, this too.

Put us down for June 3 - 8! Woot Woot! Split stay BWV 1BR June 2-5 and AKV/Jambo 1BR June 5-8. I'm calling this a BFF trip.lol I'm taking my bff who's never been to WDW before and my youngest DGD15 is going and we're taking her bff who's only been once when she was 4yo. We're so excited to be going back! It's been 5 years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter