• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official June 2018***

SO LATE. Our plans changed about a thousand times and we were going and then we weren't and then we were but there were issues. A lot of things had to come together at the last minute, and they did, so: it's (finally) official! 6/9 to 6/18 at Saratoga Springs!

Making plans this late is an exercise is letting go. We're going with friends who are staying offsite, so we held off on making FPs till 30 days out so we could all (try to) go on things together. We're also paying for dining OOP to make things easier, but ADRs have never worried me in particular and we're not going to starve! We booked the flight yesterday and placed the Garden Grocer order, so most of the hard stuff is done and I just get to be excited!

SO LATE. Our plans changed about a thousand times and we were going and then we weren't and then we were but there were issues. A lot of things had to come together at the last minute, and they did, so: it's (finally) official! 6/9 to 6/18 at Saratoga Springs!

Making plans this late is an exercise is letting go. We're going with friends who are staying offsite, so we held off on making FPs till 30 days out so we could all (try to) go on things together. We're also paying for dining OOP to make things easier, but ADRs have never worried me in particular and we're not going to starve! We booked the flight yesterday and placed the Garden Grocer order, so most of the hard stuff is done and I just get to be excited!
If you link with their MDE, you should be able to make their FPs with yours before the 30 days out as long as one of you (an onsite guest) is included in the group.

If you link with their MDE, you should be able to make their FPs with yours before the 30 days out as long as one of you (an onsite guest) is included in the group.

FANTASTIC, thank you so much! That's good to know; we're planning a get together Sunday where we'll make sure they get everything connected to their accounts! (I'm connected to one, my spouse to the other, her mom needs to get an account . . . no one ever believes me about planning until they're right up on deadlines! :rotfl:)

Welcome! Sounds like you're doing great for having such a short time. I think the 180 days for ADRs can be great if you really want something in particular and it's really high demand but you're right, no one's gonna starve! There's so many decent places to eat that you can pick up when you're ready to eat. Plus the Disney Springs restaurants won't be that far from your resort (not sure about your offsite friends) and there's so many good choices there too.

We leave one month from tomorrow! May is a very busy month for us, but I'm ready for it! Since we are staying offsite this time, I start making FP on Tuesday. It is starting to feel real!

Same here! I have a literal ton of work stuff, medical appointments, another last minute roadtrip to memphis and I just got my mom moved into her new apartment. I'm SO ready for a vacation. We're starting at Universal for the first time, I'm ready to relax by that pool with so many drinks. Yeah and I guess ready for some rollercoasters too but man that pool service at Portofino is secretly my favorite part of vacation.

Worked on updating packing list for kids (and me). Always a bit of tweaking depending on where we stay, how long, and if we drive or fly. Thankful we will have washer/dryer in condo. Will likely do a load while at cabins too-pool time and laundry (with cold adult beverage). Cuts down on amount of clothes needed.

So I got an Owner's Locker this year. We will get to fill it in June. We drive so I have to think about what I want to leave. We will be back in October. My DH has clothes he only wears at Disney. In June we are using our DVC points so we will do laundry. I guess I could wash the shirts and leave them in the locker. It is a whole other level of planning involved...lol.

I made my packing list this weekend and bought all the toiletries we need and set them aside. I've never started packing things up this early, but we have so much going on in May that I feel like I need to start getting lined up.

So I got an Owner's Locker this year. We will get to fill it in June. We drive so I have to think about what I want to leave. We will be back in October. My DH has clothes he only wears at Disney. In June we are using our DVC points so we will do laundry. I guess I could wash the shirts and leave them in the locker. It is a whole other level of planning involved...lol.
We LOVE our locker!!!! Did you name yours yet?

Yay for Owners Locker!!
Are you usually doing a 1 bed or just studio? I am not a DVC owner, but longtime timeshare owner-wish we had a locker system for our timeshare LOL! Although we usually exchange it anyway to travel to other parts.
But some stuff I bring with/have on hand/shop at destination: tupperware type containers safe for microwave, sandwich bags, extra paper goods (paper towels, plates, SOFT toilet paper:D etc), aluminum foil, crockpot (if driving) with the liner bags, camper blow up bed (for the kid who might get stuck on a sofa bed-one I have is very compact), beach towels, laundry pods/dryer sheets (the complimentary stuff in condo is never enough), extra soft sided cooler for pools/beach; we have a ton of cups with lids so will usually bring a couple (if room) and if they don't make it back-oh well. The timeshares we usually stay in have 2 bedroom/2bathroom and full kitchen though-so we have several meals in the condo. When we stayed in DVC studio last year I also had a small kitchen knife and flexible cutting board.
Most of this stuff is on my list for June-staying in cabins, then condo on beach, then our timeshare-no way am I eating out every meal for 2 weeks, so I will also likely plan a couple meals and bring along some spices/herbs, maybe some steaks too (we buy a side of beef every other year and I have tons).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter