"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We decided to go nuts and get tickets for the Dec 22 party (2 adults, 2 kids age 8 and 5). We are complete MVMCP rookies. I am super excited and while the kids know we are staying at DW for a few nights (we are driving through on our way down to Fort Myers area for the holidays), we told them we wouldn't be in the parks, just enjoying Disney Springs and the resorts. MVMCP is a total surprise and their Christmas present from us. We are not interested in character greets and hope to mainly soak up the ambiance and ride as many rides as possible. I will likely try to avoid Main Street as much as possible, though it makes me sad to miss the snow. Anyone have any experience with watching the parade from Frontierland? That's where we've watched in the past for the regular parade. Also, in order to watch the shows, any advice on slightly out of the way locations that would allow us to still mostly see and hear, but not be in the middle of the crush? And finally, can Holiday Wishes be enjoyed from multiple areas of the park, or is it like HEA and you need to be front and center for the best experience? My husband is very excited about the party, but is allergic to crazy crowds, hence my desire to stay away from Main St. and the Hub. No need to have a scrooge on my hands...

Oh, and: Don't worry, I'm not looking to meet up.

We decided to go nuts and get tickets for the Dec 22 party (2 adults, 2 kids age 8 and 5). We are complete MVMCP rookies. I am super excited and while the kids know we are staying at DW for a few nights (we are driving through on our way down to Fort Myers area for the holidays), we told them we wouldn't be in the parks, just enjoying Disney Springs and the resorts. MVMCP is a total surprise and their Christmas present from us. We are not interested in character greets and hope to mainly soak up the ambiance and ride as many rides as possible. I will likely try to avoid Main Street as much as possible, though it makes me sad to miss the snow. Anyone have any experience with watching the parade from Frontierland? That's where we've watched in the past for the regular parade. Also, in order to watch the shows, any advice on slightly out of the way locations that would allow us to still mostly see and hear, but not be in the middle of the crush? And finally, can Holiday Wishes be enjoyed from multiple areas of the park, or is it like HEA and you need to be front and center for the best experience? My husband is very excited about the party, but is allergic to crazy crowds, hence my desire to stay away from Main St. and the Hub. No need to have a scrooge on my hands...

I have no advice for you but just wanted to say I'm excited for your surprise. My kind of parents! We surprise our kids from the littlest things to huge surprises. We love it. Your kids are at such fun ages too. Enjoy!!!

Oh, and: Don't worry, I'm not looking to meet up.
:rotfl2:

I have tried to get the Disney Parks shopping App but can't get it. Does anyone know if it is available in Canada?

I was able to get the Shop Disney Parks app from the Google play store. It will not let you ship to Canada, though. I have used a friend's address in the States to place my order.

NEWS

Holiday filming for ABC specials to take place early November at Walt Disney World

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/holi...place-early-november-at-walt-disney-world.htm

Filming at Walt Disney World will take place November 3 - 7 2017. Like last year, no parade will be filmed at Walt Disney World, but stage show performances including musical acts will be filmed in Florida. The parade will be filmed at Disneyland Resort in California.
Thanks for the update!! I have been wondering about this and hoping that it did not fall during our trip (it doesn't!)

I was able to get the Shop Disney Parks app from the Google play store. It will not let you ship to Canada, though. I have used a friend's address in the States to place my order.

Did you download it here or down at the parks? I have it downloaded but I did it down in Florida but my friend can't download it onto her iPhone up here.

It's kinda dangerous to have as I keep looking at it and finding more stuff I want to buy when I get down there :laughing:I am loving all the new Christmas stuff though, I really want that ceramic Christmas tree with the characters on it.

So did everyone get their fast passses for a 4-6pm before mvmcp without it bumping any other days?

We made all of our reservations and then went back to make our MVMCP fast passes, we were able to get 2. Our MVMCP day is our very first day and we have not received a cancellation email yet.

Hopefully some of you can provide me with a little reassurance...We're going to the 12/10 party and I'm starting to put together our plan for the night. We're not interested in doing rides unless we end up with time left over, we're really after all of the party exclusives (parade, fireworks, characters, treats, ambiance). My kids are of course interested in the more difficult M&G (Jack Skellington, 7 Dwarves, Scrooge, Captain Jack, Mickey) and I would like to experience the parade on Main Street. The kiddos are just old enough that we can push them until the end of the party, so we've got the entire evening available. Does anyone have advice on an order of events to maximize the chances of getting most of this done? Thanks for an advice!

Hopefully some of you can provide me with a little reassurance...We're going to the 12/10 party and I'm starting to put together our plan for the night. We're not interested in doing rides unless we end up with time left over, we're really after all of the party exclusives (parade, fireworks, characters, treats, ambiance). My kids are of course interested in the more difficult M&G (Jack Skellington, 7 Dwarves, Scrooge, Captain Jack, Mickey) and I would like to experience the parade on Main Street. The kiddos are just old enough that we can push them until the end of the party, so we've got the entire evening available. Does anyone have advice on an order of events to maximize the chances of getting most of this done? Thanks for an advice!

Going that evening to the party also. Thanks for helping keeping the ride lines short for us. We will do our best not to add to your character lines so we can all have a great evening.

NEWS

Kurt Russell, Olympian Laurie Hernandez Added; Ana Gasteyer, Jodi Benson Return To List of Candlelight Narrators

Here is the full list of narrators (everything subject to change, of course):

• Nov. 24- 26 – Laurie Hernandez – NEW!
  • Nov. 27-28 – Matt Bomer – NEW!
  • Nov. 29 – 30 – Ana Gasteyer
  • Dec. 1-3 – Whoopi Goldberg
  • Dec. 4-5 – Pat Sajak – NEW!
  • Dec. 6-8 – Jodi Benson
  • Dec. 9-11 – Kurt Russell – NEW!
  • Dec. 12-14 – Warwick Davis – NEW!
  • Dec. 15-17 – Trace Adkins
  • Dec. 18-21 – Neil Patrick Harris
  • Dec. 22-24 – CCH Pounder – NEW!
  • Dec. 25-27 – Jaci Velasquez
  • Dec. 28-30 – Chandra Wilson

Come back after the first party. We'll have heard if any of those characters will be meeting before 7 pm party start. I'll be happy to help you plan then.

We're going to our first ever party on the first night, 11/9. From what I'm reading... are we kind of on our own as far as knowing what characters are available and where they are going to be? It sounds like nothing is really officially released beforehand, and that first-party goers report back here to compile the collected knowledge. We want to be ready to plan out our evening and are wondering if we have to allow for that uncertainty or not. Some of them do seem like no-brainers to be where they were last year (Santa Goofy by the Barnstormer, Dwarfs by 7DMT, etc.).

I'm getting up at 3:50am tomorrow to do my FPs! Hopefully it doesn't take 3 hours so I can get it done before I have to get ready for work. But we're just 6 days at the world to worry about and my biggest focus is FOP so that's what I'll be doing first. I'm too paranoid to book tickets for our MVMCP day as we're not planning on any other parks that day so I'll have to start figuring out our strategy once I get the FPs booked.
cute dog in your avatar. I have a Boston too (looks like a Boston anyway :) )

Did you download it here or down at the parks? I have it downloaded but I did it down in Florida but my friend can't download it onto her iPhone up here.

It's kinda dangerous to have as I keep looking at it and finding more stuff I want to buy when I get down there :laughing:I am loving all the new Christmas stuff though, I really want that ceramic Christmas tree with the characters on it.

No I downloaded it here without issue. I wonder if the fact that I am on android (not iTunes) made a difference...?

I agree it is dangerous, especially with easy access to a US address for shipping!

We're going to our first ever party on the first night, 11/9. From what I'm reading... are we kind of on our own as far as knowing what characters are available and where they are going to be? It sounds like nothing is really officially released beforehand, and that first-party goers report back here to compile the collected knowledge. We want to be ready to plan out our evening and are wondering if we have to allow for that uncertainty or not. Some of them do seem like no-brainers to be where they were last year (Santa Goofy by the Barnstormer, Dwarfs by 7DMT, etc.).
Unfortunately, yes. Though usually things will remain pretty constant from year to year. Sometimes the map will be leaked a day or two early, but the official maps never show who's where, anyway. That intel is always delivered by the excellent folks attending the first party. :)

NEWS

Kurt Russell, Olympian Laurie Hernandez Added; Ana Gasteyer, Jodi Benson Return To List of Candlelight Narrators

Here is the full list of narrators (everything subject to change, of course):

• Nov. 24- 26 – Laurie Hernandez – NEW!
  • Nov. 27-28 – Matt Bomer – NEW!
  • Nov. 29 – 30 – Ana Gasteyer
  • Dec. 1-3 – Whoopi Goldberg
  • Dec. 4-5 – Pat Sajak – NEW!
  • Dec. 6-8 – Jodi Benson
  • Dec. 9-11 – Kurt Russell – NEW!
  • Dec. 12-14 – Warwick Davis – NEW!
  • Dec. 15-17 – Trace Adkins
  • Dec. 18-21 – Neil Patrick Harris
  • Dec. 22-24 – CCH Pounder – NEW!
  • Dec. 25-27 – Jaci Velasquez
  • Dec. 28-30 – Chandra Wilson
disappointed, booked the 7th a while ago, just miss Kurt Russell.

Can you have them sent to a Disney resort? Do they have the Christmas sequinned ears out yet? The green one?

Last edited:
Hooray!!!! Thanks for starting this!!!
I have been lucky enough to have been to wdw a few times over the past several years, but never at Christmas!!!

We are going this year Nov 11-18, and I am positively giddy!!!

So excited to see the decorations and of course, the party!

242 more days!

:banana::cool1::cheer2::dancer:party::dogdance:

:santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa:

How many days now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter