OFFICIAL New Animal Kingdom Experiences UPDATE 5/28: Reports from first night in Post #2

Michael Jung previewed the event by telling the audience to prepare for an emotional, exhilarating, captivating, magical experience never seen before at any Disney park.

Moments later fireflies erupted from Joe Rhode's earring as he called JB Alive with Magic "the living, breathing essence of moisture, life and nature in our unnatural world".

Half of the audience passed out in excitement.

1 week to go - I AM SO looking forward to this feast for the senses.

People going today: Jungle Book will soft open today and there are fp available for both shows!!
Got mine for the second showing

Are they permitting musically gifted guests to bring their own instruments to aid some of the musicians just hired this week?

I've been told, I play a mean triangle.

People going today: Jungle Book will soft open today and there are fp available for both shows!!
Got mine for the second showing
Standby can start lining up at 7:30pm
Wow - I see the availability. Feeling like we should make the FP's and rush over there but it's just not practical. :( We'll be there tomorrow!

I hope someone films it. That way I can see it to know if it is worth the dining package or not. A part of me feels apprehensive that this show is going to be good since they have been putting it together for about a month (or longer than that and just decided to announce it a month ago). RoL reminds me of what happened to Disneyland a couple years ago with their Fantasmic. A new dragon was supposed to debut, and the week before, something happened to the dragon and we didn't see it until September. That was still with Disney including the new dragon in all of the summer promotion commercials on T.V.

I hope someone films it. That way I can see it to know if it is worth the dining package or not. A part of me feels apprehensive that this show is going to be good since they have been putting it together for about a month (or longer than that and just decided to announce it a month ago). RoL reminds me of what happened to Disneyland a couple years ago with their Fantasmic. A new dragon was supposed to debut, and the week before, something happened to the dragon and we didn't see it until September. That was still with Disney including the new dragon in all of the summer promotion commercials on T.V.

I assume it will be found on YouTube within hours.

I will be checking for videos as well. If the show truly does revolve around actors spraying each other with garden hoses and pit bull singing his version of "bear necessities" I don't thing that would even be worth a fastpass and I will say pass and go ride Kali in the dark instead lol!

We will be going to see the jungle book Saturday evening (fp for the first show)
We would really like to try the new lounge.
What time does it open?
Does anyone know the average wait time and if they will text you when space is available ???

Thanks

Does anyone know where I can find drink prices at the Nomad Lounge? The actual menu doesn't seem to have drink prices.

Disney parks blog is having a contest to win a jungle book viewing on Sunday. Entry will likely close soon. I'm assuming there will be more to winning than a showing.

Just to expand, it's a random drawing rather than an 'enter as fast as you can' contest, and entry is open until 3 eastern. FL Residents only.

Does anyone know where I can find drink prices at the Nomad Lounge? The actual menu doesn't seem to have drink prices.
courtesy of WDW NEWS TODAY
IMG_6585-1.jpg

If anyone is at Animal Kingdom today, can anyone confirm if you can enter the Safari line up until park closing? I want to experience the nighttime safari on my next trip, but we only have one day at AK. I have tickets to the first JB show. I also want to ride Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids at night. I also want to see the Tree of Life Projection Show. I just don't know if I'll have enough time for all of that.

If anyone is at Animal Kingdom today, can anyone confirm if you can enter the Safari line up until park closing? I want to experience the nighttime safari on my next trip, but we only have one day at AK. I have tickets to the first JB show. I also want to ride Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids at night. I also want to see the Tree of Life Projection Show. I just don't know if I'll have enough time for all of that.

My FP+ is for 9:25 to 10:25pm. That was the latest I could find. I have a feeling the queue will close before the park does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter