*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

@Newsies - excited to join all of you! I've been to MVMCP but my family hasn't, so we booked a long weekend 11/15-11/18 at AKV (Jambo value studio). Depending on flights and such, we might back down to the 16th - 18 but my goal is to fly in Thursday night, spend the day enjoying AKL for the first time, do MVMCP on Friday night, resort hop ('Ohana for breakfast, 1900 Park Fare for dinner) & DS to see all of the decorations on Saturday, then fly home on Sunday.

We plan on doing MVMCP on 11/16 as well. We should arrive that morning depending on if SW still has the early nonstop flight we usually take.

So I’ve been breaking the news to my family all weekend that I won’t be home for Thanksgiving next year because I’ll be in Disney World! The first question they all automatically ask where I’m going to eat on Thanksgiving... so for those that have done this before, or those who have done more research than me, what are some of the popular places to go for Thanksgiving dinner? I’m not at all picky about it being ‘traditional’ btw!

Just booked a trip for 24 Nov - 2 Dec at POP! Usually go in January, so Nov is all new to us! Seems like the temps are the same as Jan, which is good!
A bit about us: Me, Hubby and DD10. Been to WDW 12 times, last few 2012, 2016 and 2017, all in January. We love POP, low crowds and low temps! We are from New Hampshire and are super excited to be going again so soon!
333 days!
Add me to the roll call @Newsies!

Last edited:
We are officially booked at POFQ for 11/2-11/4 through an agency exclusive deal. Then we move to BWV on rented points for 11/4-11/11. I specifically didn't book the entire trip at BWV because I wanted the agency exclusive park tickets which are much cheaper (and you can't get unless you book a room) and I've always wanted to try POFQ so it seemed like the perfect time to do it. It'll be our first mother daughter (she will be 12) trip and we are SUPER excited!!
@Newsies

I did a Mother/Daugher trip this January, it was AWESOME!

@Newsies - excited to join all of you! I've been to MVMCP but my family hasn't, so we booked a long weekend 11/15-11/18 at AKV (Jambo value studio). Depending on flights and such, we might back down to the 16th - 18 but my goal is to fly in Thursday night, spend the day enjoying AKL for the first time, do MVMCP on Friday night, resort hop ('Ohana for breakfast, 1900 Park Fare for dinner) & DS to see all of the decorations on Saturday, then fly home on Sunday.

Just booked a trip for 24 Nov - 2 Dec at POP! Usually go in January, so Nov is all new to us! Seems like the temps are the same as Jan, which is good!
A bit about us: Me, Hubby and DD10. Been to WDW 12 times, last few 2012, 2016 and 2017, all in January. We love POP, low crowds and low temps! We are from New Hampshire and are super excited to be going again so soon!
333 days!
Add me to the roll call @Newsies!

Welcome both of you to the November 2018 party! You've been added to the roll call! :welcome:

So I’ve been breaking the news to my family all weekend that I won’t be home for Thanksgiving next year because I’ll be in Disney World! The first question they all automatically ask where I’m going to eat on Thanksgiving... so for those that have done this before, or those who have done more research than me, what are some of the popular places to go for Thanksgiving dinner? I’m not at all picky about it being ‘traditional’ btw!

Now we're talking! I've been waiting for someone to bring up Thanksgiving ADRs!! Ideally, my family wants to do the DVC member Thanksgiving Dinner, pending of course that they bring it back this year. But if we can't get in-- I'm booking us a dinner at 'Ohana at the 180 mark, which I'm assuming is one of the most popular Thanksgiving dinner meals beside Liberty Tree Tavern in MK. If I can't get 'Ohana, I'll try for a nice sit down meal in Disney Springs.

This will be our first year not on the DDP so I'm wondering if we will be very reserved about our meals. We will have to asses DD's princess interest by then in order to decide on Akerhus. We have hit most of the character meals so time to do some more "adult" meals since the kids will be a bit older. Almost 6&8.

We love Boma for Thanksgiving dinner! We have been twice with a 4 something ADR where there were not a lot of people yet and plan to book again this trip. They have a nice combination of Thanksgiving food and their regular food. Our first ever Thanksgiving at Disney a number of years ago we were at Trail’s End and did not have a good experience. We booked an early dinner time and were taken so much later than our ADR. I do not remember how long we waited. There were so many people it felt crowded. They kept running out of things and were slow at restocking. Things might have changed since we were there last as it has been awhile.

We're planning on Sea World for Thanksgiving. Not sure about dinner. If we end up getting a condo/villa for those first few nights that are off-site, maybe we'll do a pre-packaged type meal. Otherwise...guess I need to do some research lol!

This will be our first year not on the DDP so I'm wondering if we will be very reserved about our meals. We will have to asses DD's princess interest by then in order to decide on Akerhus. We have hit most of the character meals so time to do some more "adult" meals since the kids will be a bit older. Almost 6&8.

I don't know if you've done Akershus yet, but I love their breakfast. They have seriously awesome cheesy potatoes... definitely a great start to an Epcot morning whether or not your DD is still into the princesses, especially if you don't have any other character meals planned.

We love Boma for Thanksgiving dinner! We have been twice with a 4 something ADR where there were not a lot of people yet and plan to book again this trip. They have a nice combination of Thanksgiving food and their regular food. Our first ever Thanksgiving at Disney a number of years ago we were at Trail’s End and did not have a good experience. We booked an early dinner time and were taken so much later than our ADR. I do not remember how long we waited. There were so many people it felt crowded. They kept running out of things and were slow at restocking. Things might have changed since we were there last as it has been awhile.

First of all, I've been meaning to go to Boma for a long time now and it's looking like this upcoming trip might be our chance to pounce. If it wasn't such a pain to get from the Poly to AKL and back by just using Disney transportation, we would have done it long ago, but I just don't know how much longer I can hold back with all of the great reviews I'm hearing. Boma for Thanksgiving dinner... sounds like a plan!

Second of all, I 100% agree with you about Trail's End. Dinner with my family in 2015 was one of the worst meals I've ever eaten on property and the service at breakfast was painfully slow in 2016. That and Whispering Canyon Cafe are the only two restaurants on property I'll probably never eat at again.

We're planning on Sea World for Thanksgiving. Not sure about dinner. If we end up getting a condo/villa for those first few nights that are off-site, maybe we'll do a pre-packaged type meal. Otherwise...guess I need to do some research lol!

Not sure if you are aware that they have special holiday shows at night but I believe it is weekends only starting on Black Friday so if you can go a different day to SW I would.

Not sure if you are aware that they have special holiday shows at night but I believe it is weekends only starting on Black Friday so if you can go a different day to SW I would.
Thank you, I have read that. We're not particularly wanting to see the holiday shows. We're mainly going for two reasons: first, my husband and I grew up going to the Sea World near us (we're near Cleveland) that closed before our kids were born. So we'd like them to see it. And secondly, we're doing Discovery Cove so we get admission to SW included. We'll arrive in Orlando some time Wednesday (driving down, leaving Tuesday after school). Discovery Cove is not open Thanksgiving. So we figured we'd do SW then, DC on Black Friday and then we check into the Poly and the "Disney Bubble" on Saturday for a week.
I do appreciate your help though, in case I didn't know and we wanted to see those shows!

Last month we had Thanksgiving dinner at BOG. I thought it was perfect. My dad ordered the traditional dinner of turkey and said it was very good. most of the rest of us had steak :)

I showed DD a Youtube video of HDDR and she totally wants to do it. I was more of a "if I can fit it into our schedule we can do it" kind of place with HDDR (I really don't want to have many ADR's this trip) but we will definitely be doing it next trip. She even said forget CRT (we've done this about 3-4 times already) because she really wants to do HDDR. I'm thinking maybe I'll surprise her with Cali Grill during fireworks for a special night since we won't be doing CRT.

Thank you, I have read that. We're not particularly wanting to see the holiday shows. We're mainly going for two reasons: first, my husband and I grew up going to the Sea World near us (we're near Cleveland) that closed before our kids were born. So we'd like them to see it. And secondly, we're doing Discovery Cove so we get admission to SW included. We'll arrive in Orlando some time Wednesday (driving down, leaving Tuesday after school). Discovery Cove is not open Thanksgiving. So we figured we'd do SW then, DC on Black Friday and then we check into the Poly and the "Disney Bubble" on Saturday for a week.
I do appreciate your help though, in case I didn't know and we wanted to see those shows!

No problem. Do plan at Disney to do MVMCP or the CP?

Hi! We are planning for November 10-18. Not sure yet what resort. We had originally booked for this past November, but had to cancel so we are super excited to be planning again.

No problem. Do plan at Disney to do MVMCP or the CP?
Possibly CP. My kids are no longer really into the characters and my niece will be too young to stay up late (barely makes 8 pm now). We're also not that into parades...so I'm leaning against MVMCP, especially with the cost. But I'm really interested in CP. probably just for the 4 of us, again my niece is probably too young. I need to show some videos to the fam and get them on board! Do you recommend CP?

Woo Hoo!

Just started planning our first November trip!!

Planning Nov 25 - Dec 3rd -- Not sure where we're staying! Hoping to book a bounce back during our March trip! Likely will be one of the All Stars or Pop Century.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter