***Official September 2020 Thread***

I'm really torn the party tickets are a lot cheaper than After Hour tickets. I'm sure we'll have both available on our trip. Just trying to decide what would be the best choice for us since rides are the priority which means we'd like less crowds. I'm thinking DAH is less crowded due the time it's at.
I've done 4 AH and countless parties and the waits are definitely lower for the AH events. The one exception may be the Villains AH as reports from last year were that ride lines weren't as short as regular AH, however they're offering many more Villains nights this year which may change that. So if getting on rides with lower waits is what you're looking for I suggest an AH event over a party :)

I keep forgetting to check our ADR date since I never make them right at 180 days but this trip is different since we're bringing our DGD! Need to check that soon and get our DIL to finalize her choices. It's going to be a much different way of dining for us but can't wait to take a toddler again!

I've done 4 AH and countless parties and the waits are definitely lower for the AH events. The one exception may be the Villains AH as reports from last year were that ride lines weren't as short as regular AH, however they're offering many more Villains nights this year which may change that. So if getting on rides with lower waits is what you're looking for I suggest an AH event over a party :)

I keep forgetting to check our ADR date since I never make them right at 180 days but this trip is different since we're bringing our DGD! Need to check that soon and get our DIL to finalize her choices. It's going to be a much different way of dining for us but can't wait to take a toddler again!

Awwww! That's exciting. Have fun with you granddaughter. I'm sure she'll love all the characters.

Hello all! I am a member of our September Facebook group but just found this thread. Booked a trip for me and my wife September 26 to October 3. Staying at POR.
I am starting to plan ADR’s and in testing the waters on what will be available, I can’t see any availability for Ohana. Like zero. I want a dinner reservation. I know breakfast can be tough, but is dinner as well? I was hoping to do early in the week, but moved it to later for a better shot at getting something. I can switch as it’s not a must do. We’ve just done breakfast.

Hello all! I am a member of our September Facebook group but just found this thread. Booked a trip for me and my wife September 26 to October 3. Staying at POR.
I am starting to plan ADR’s and in testing the waters on what will be available, I can’t see any availability for Ohana. Like zero. I want a dinner reservation. I know breakfast can be tough, but is dinner as well? I was hoping to do early in the week, but moved it to later for a better shot at getting something. I can switch as it’s not a must do. We’ve just done breakfast.

It is a popular ADR to try to get. What dates are you "playing with" to see if there is anything available? I assume in August or early September?

It is a popular ADR to try to get. What dates are you "playing with" to see if there is anything available? I assume in August or early September?
Yes, September dates. I guess it will be the first one I make and I’ll have a back up date. Maybe I’ll end up with The Wave instead. No biggie. Thanks for the reply. Good luck with your ADR’s tomorrow!

Hello there - my son and I will also being taking a trip in September! We are booked at ASMusic 9/5-9/12. We are going to celebrate his 16th and he is really hoping to attend a MNSSHP while we are there. I'm a lil nervous about the heat/humidity, but hoping we can power through.

Our ADR is tomorrow - eek! - and so I'm trying to nail down a loose schedule of which park which days and which MNSSHP to attend. Do you think Labor Day or the Friday after Labor Day would be better? I was also going to book Skipper Canteen the day of the party - what time is a good time to eat before the party and still hop in line for Jack/Sally or 7 Dwarfs?

Thanks so much!! Excited to join in on the excitement of September!

I had the same problem with finding a table for two so I booked a table for three and then went into the reservation and modified it to two guests which worked fine!

ADR's made! We got everything we wanted. Thank you @Charlotte.Disney for the above tip for O'hana. That is exactly what we had to do to get it.

Here is what we got: O'hana, Rose & Crown Epcot Forever package, MK Dessert Party, 50's Primetime, Tiffins Rivers of Light package, Liberty Tree Tavern, Chefs De France (will replace with Space 220 maybe), Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package, Be Our Guest lunch, Yak and Yeti, San Angel, Tutto Itallia and Skipper Canteen.

We got everything we wanted at the times we wanted, including BBB. I think this may have been the easiest reservation day ever. We got Garden Grill, Beaches and Cream, Flying Fish, Be our Guest lunch, San Angel, Hollywood and Vine PPO Fantasmic Package. Be Our Guest PPO, Storybook Dining, Bon Voyage breakfast, and Ohana. We also Booked Savi's, Droid Depo and a Reservation at BBB at MK on MNSSHP day.. Was going to do Rose and Crown Diner show, but it's not really needed since we are staying at Boardwalk this year. I'm happy now! 😁

Last edited:
Hello there - my son and I will also being taking a trip in September! We are booked at ASMusic 9/5-9/12. We are going to celebrate his 16th and he is really hoping to attend a MNSSHP while we are there. I'm a lil nervous about the heat/humidity, but hoping we can power through.

Our ADR is tomorrow - eek! - and so I'm trying to nail down a loose schedule of which park which days and which MNSSHP to attend. Do you think Labor Day or the Friday after Labor Day would be better? I was also going to book Skipper Canteen the day of the party - what time is a good time to eat before the party and still hop in line for Jack/Sally or 7 Dwarfs?

Thanks so much!! Excited to join in on the excitement of September!

Welcome! We are also checking into Music on the 5th!

My ADR date is coming up. We have a party of three and I've never made dining reservations for a party of three. I was playing with dates and found that it was more difficult to find times with a party of three than it was for a party of four. Is this one of the dumb Disney things? Should I just try a party of four for more options?

My ADR date is coming up. We have a party of three and I've never made dining reservations for a party of three. I was playing with dates and found that it was more difficult to find times with a party of three than it was for a party of four. Is this one of the dumb Disney things? Should I just try a party of four for more options?
I’m doing the same, trying to see what is available at the 180 mark and I don’t get it! I ask for Chef Mickey at 4 and all that comes up is 2:25? That’s all that’s available at 180 days out? That’s crazy. I’m not willing to “keep checking” for the next six months. I have two in our party and I did see one time available for Ohana when I changed the party size to three so yes, dumb but true. Best of luck when your ADR day arrives!

When I have trouble finding a reservation for three, i have booked for four and then I let them know when we arrive at the venue. I did not have to book all of our ADRs this way but for the more popular reservations. Our ADR date is coming up as well and we are looking at Via Napoli, maybe Ogas...maybe Space 220 (if it ever opens ) and maybe something else?

Since we're planning on doing primarily QS meals, my ADR day was very simple--BoG & Oga's. :) I also put in a reservation for the Droid Depot while I was at it. Now my one DS is saying he wants to get his hair cut at the Harmony Barber Shop, but I'll make that reservation when we have more of a plan than we do now. :)

My one issue is that we'll be meeting family for a dinner at some point and I won't know what day they're free until closer to the trip, so for that one we'll have to grab an ADR from whatever Disney Springs places have availability for our group at that point.

Just ordered one of the magic bands you have to pay for, but it's still showing as grey under DF's name. Is that just what they do for the bands you buy or will it update eventually? I have the confirmation email and the money has been taken out of our bank, so i know it went through.

Also, will they send my free one when they send his paid one or do i have to wait?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter