Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick check in. Have met many DISers got done group shots this morning while waiting for Chewie. Have met Chewie, Vader, stormtrooper Donald, Darth goofy, Anakin gamorrean guard, aurra sing, hanging out at writers stop for s while. Excited about rebel lounge.
We'll try to meet Boba Fett and Luke and Leia later

Only thing I am annoyed about is the only show available when I checked in to feel the force was Obi wan and beyond. Problem is the show is @ 7 and our rebel hanger is 6:50 so we will miss it. So no shows for us I guess.

May I ask what time you got in line to check-in? We're trying to work on our plan yet, and could use some direction here.

I came only wanting that mug. Now excuse me while I go pout and watch lights camera motor action ahow.

I'll grab you one week two if they're out and you don't find one. Keep me updated.

And my dismay continues as I still haven't seen any pics here or on twitter of any Rebels characters...:sad2::sad1:

I'm hopeful that maybe they'll do late afternoon sets like the droids did last year. Maybe they're busy at parade and padawan mind challenge.

oh man i'm getting nervous about all this. soooo much. i got to get a gameplan together. i got all this crap booked but no real plan of attack. i wasn't even worrying about rides cause we are always there so it shouldn't be too bad just a lot of waiting which is going to suck for my kids. it's hot now so june is going to be vicious.

By the way, the Mickey and Donald Jedi Limited Edition MagicBands say "May the force be with you!" in their respective voices in those videos.

They are my videos. I took them this morning :) I am going to try and make better ones with no CM talking on Sunday.

May I ask what time you got in line to check-in? We're trying to work on our plan yet, and could use some direction here.

We checked in at 10:20. We got sidetracked after star tours with the build a saber. Got to our toy story Fastpass later than I planned but didn't want to miss it as I dropped try rebel show for it. Now I amkicking myself for not keeping it and skipping toy story. Oh well

By the way, the Mickey and Donald Jedi Limited Edition MagicBands say "May the force be with you!" in their respective voices in those videos.

They are my videos. I took them this morning :) I am going to try and make better ones with no CM talking on Sunday.

Are the mickey and donald Magic Band limited editions or are they the more expensive ones being sold generally during SWW?

Hi all! First I want to say that I spotted @yulilin3 and her lovely daughter today (her costume rocked!) and made a beeline to thank her in person. Without her info, our experience would not have been as wonderful as it has been.

Now about the parade....Not sure if this was already posted but wanted to spread the word...

When we went to check in for the parade & get our FtF deluxe package badge, we walked right by the signage, which was very small. After a CM directed us to the right spot, the area had people already checked in before 10 am. The Deluxe FtF Parade viewing is on the side of Mickeys of Hollywood. It's completely in the sun. But there is another spot directly across that was for deluxe package holders which accommodated wheelchairs/scooters. This was in the shade the entire time.

The snack carts(water, coke, sprite, popcorn, Mickey bars and fruit bars) is located at the check point. You could get it and walk back to the other side. The CMs also came around with each snack to distribute.

It was excellent viewing on either and after the parade past, we were directed to follow up Hollywood Blvd to the stage. It was cool to walk down the street and right to the front of the stage. I did feel bad for the CMs in charge of crowd control. As soon as people saw our group, it was assumed they could get in as well. There is a rope in front but not on the sides. The had to follow and use their arms to keep the crowds back.

Once we reached the stage, all the characters and guests from the parade were already on the stage. Great photo op! Shows and times were announced on the screen and one final pose then SWW commenced!!

Yulilin has said that Tatooine Traders have the Vader Father's Day shirt but not many left and the Force Awakens shirt, they also have the Luke MB but are sold out of the Stormtrooper MB

Just a quick check in. Have met many DISers got done group shots this morning while waiting for Chewie. Have met Chewie, Vader, stormtrooper Donald, Darth goofy, Anakin gamorrean guard, aurra sing, hanging out at writers stop for s while. Excited about rebel lounge.
We'll try to meet Boba Fett and Luke and Leia later

And I just wanted to say the thank you for all the info which I forgot to say as I ran by you in the Luke line. Then again pretty sure I'll see you tomorrow:D

Now line for X-Wing!

Only thing I am annoyed about is the only show available when I checked in to feel the force was Obi wan and beyond. Problem is the show is @ 7 and our rebel hanger is 6:50 so we will miss it. So no shows for us I guess.

I second the question about lining up. If @Artax was in line at 10:20 - was the line super long?

ETA: Looks like @mmafan is a FTF DP, so wouldn't know about shows selling out for regular FTF anyway. Sorry!

I'm going to try for SotS when I line up for FtF. For me it's not so much a big deal because I have SotS the next day as a FP, but I would like to switch it out for a ride instead of waste a FP since Rebels doesn't interest us and we have a 6:25 H&V dinner. I suppose we could try for Oz and then drop our FPs in MDE and make someone's day and pick up something like ToT, but I really don't want to!

Last edited:
Are the mickey and donald Magic Band limited editions or are they the more expensive ones being sold generally during SWW?

Not sure I understand the question? The four videos shown are:

- Jedi Mickey and Jedi Donald Limited Edition MagicBands (#/2500 each) only sold in Darth's Mall in a special box.

- Red and Green lightsaber MagicBands only sold to Galatic Gathering attendees on May 14th

The Luke and Stormtrooper bands are Open Edition and available everywhere and don't make special lights and sounds at all (tested them today).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter