Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at the Roll Call thread - is anyone else actually doing all 4 experiences in 1 day? (Sci Fi, FTF, RH, H&V)? Or am I just crazy? I'm pretty much going to eat ALL the cupcakes.

This morning when I woke up, I turned to the BF and said, "In one month, L (my bff) will be picking us up at this time to take us to Disney." So. Excited.

According to CMs

Week 1 Yoda
Week 2 Boba
Week 3 Maul
Week 4 Stormtrooper
Week 5 Chewie

We are looking to trade Yoda posters for Chewie and a Stormtrooper!

I know it was mentioned somewhere - but one per AP or one per family? Also, how are they given out? Easy to carry?

Chip works are by One Man's Dream. Jedi council is near old Pirates entrance. Free Annual PASS HOLDER poster is down by the Jedi Council meet.

Signed, Buzzy the Fly

I'll trade anyone for Maul - DH wants that one. I will have Chewie available to trade to anyone that wants it.
Once I figure this out I'll try to start a Poster Trading thread.

Real-Time Character Updates from Yulilin:

*Chewie with Ewoks from 8:00a - 10:00a
~ Chewie back at 12:00
~ Ewoks back at 1:00
~ both out until 9:00p
~ CM states to get in line by 7:30p to see them before their sets end for the day
~***at 8:30 this morning, the wait time in line is at 1.5 hours

*Jedi Mickey and Pals
~ character meet times are on MDE but not sure how accurate
~ Jedi Mickey and Leia Minnie rotate meet until 9:00a
~ Donald and Goofy come out for their first rotation at 9:00a

Chipwoks
~ they leave set at 10:20 to prepare for the parade
~ they return after the parade at 11:45
~ last set is at 3:30 and Chipwoks complete their set by 4:00p

***MDE character times appear to be accurate
More updates from yulilin^^

The posters are on thick cardboard stock and come rolled with a rubber band. I'm guessing the size but maybe 11 wide by 16 inches long.
Buzzy

I want to know how (like technically, how) they got such awesome photos in there. I tried to leave a comment to ask them to give some specific tips, but I don't want to create a new account (or login with FB) to do that.

I'm not sure if this has been answered in subsequent messages but thought I would offer my suggestions. First, it's about having the right equipment. A DSLR camera is really helpful and setting the aperture wide open (the lowest number) makes sure all the light gets in. Now, the lowest aperture depends on your lens so that will have an impact. Mine is 1.4 but most are 3.5+. You can also try a tripod to eliminate camera shake. If you are using a smartphone you can download a third party camera app from the app store that will allow you to manually set things like shutter speed and aperture. Again, taking the lowest settings will help. Hope that is some useful info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter