• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check in was no wait. Only about 50 of us. And I was told our pass will get you in the shows.

That's great that there are only 50 of you. How was the view of the parade. Were you crammed in a small area? I'm short and worried I won't be able to see.

Not sure I understand the question? The four videos shown are:

- Jedi Mickey and Jedi Donald Limited Edition MagicBands (#/2500 each) only sold in Darth's Mall in a special box.

- Red and Green lightsaber MagicBands only sold to Galatic Gathering attendees on May 14th

The Luke and Stormtrooper bands are Open Edition and available everywhere and don't make special lights and sounds at all (tested them today).

2500 and the Stormtrooper MBs are already sold out for general issue?!

There won't be any left by the time I get there! :(

For those seeing the shows at the Theatre of the Stars later, I'm really curious about the heat/comfort level...will there be fans..misting fans? How comfortable (or uncomfortable) are you? Very curious about how this will work out...

2500 and the Stormtrooper MBs are already sold out for general issue?!

There won't be any left by the time I get there! :(
Well in past years they usually hold back some for each weekend I've gotten pins that "sold out" in week one in week 5 just its best to check first thing in the am to see if they reappear

For those seeing the shows at the Theatre of the Stars later, I'm really curious about the heat/comfort level...will there be fans..misting fans? How comfortable (or uncomfortable) are you? Very curious about how this will work out...
We have watched BatB in there and found it surprisingly comfortable. I don't know if it's the amphitheater type seating or what but as long as you aren't in the sun it's fine. And this was in September, so hot and humid time

So please forgive me for not searching through so many pages on this thread! Because of our travel schedule we will only be in Hollywood studios Sat May 30 morning although we will not participate in any of the Star Wars activities. We will then hop to Epcot around 11:30-12:00. On the very first post, it says they usually open unofficiLly at 7:30am. We are planning on being there early to head to toy story so we can save our fast passes for epcot.

So my questions are- how early can we catch a bus that morning (from AOA), is there still a big mad dash to toy story, and are the non Star Wars attractions (Disney jr show and characters, RNR, TOT, and frozen sing along) largely ignored by most who would be there for special Star Wars attractions? Any tips or advice are appreciated. Thanks.

yeah the Fastpass line for the saga of the stars goes all the way back to the Hollywood planet store.
Signed, Buzzy the Fly

are the non Star Wars attractions (Disney jr show and characters, RNR, TOT, and frozen sing along) largely ignored by most who would be there for special Star Wars attractions? Any tips or advice are appreciated. Thanks.

I think they've still got substantial draw (getting out of the heat, or trying to get there early since they use the Star Wars attractions for their FPs). When I went last year and got in the regular line for TSMM, it was at least a 45 min wait if not longer. I think Disney Jr will have less of a draw though. RnR and ToT currently have 40-50 min waits according the the MDE app. Star Tours will probably have longer lines than normal (it's not a SWW exclusive ride or anything).

So please forgive me for not searching through so many pages on this thread! Because of our travel schedule we will only be in Hollywood studios Sat May 30 morning although we will not participate in any of the Star Wars activities. We will then hop to Epcot around 11:30-12:00. On the very first post, it says they usually open unofficiLly at 7:30am. We are planning on being there early to head to toy story so we can save our fast passes for epcot.

So my questions are- how early can we catch a bus that morning (from AOA), is there still a big mad dash to toy story, and are the non Star Wars attractions (Disney jr show and characters, RNR, TOT, and frozen sing along) largely ignored by most who would be there for special Star Wars attractions? Any tips or advice are appreciated. Thanks.
Yes, there will still be a mad dash for TSMM. The park will still be occupied by people not knowing about SWW or not interested, though the SW fans will be concentrating their efforts on SW activities for the most part (though my family in particular will still be doing our fair share of non-SW touring too!). However, I think you are handling it perfectly by saving your FPs for Epcot and doing TSMM at rope drop. The rush there shouldn't be any heavier than a rush on a normal day. SW fans there that early will be heading for characters or JTA sign up. You just need to worry about the non-SW fans!

I second the question about lining up. If @Artax was in line at 10:20 - was the line super long?

ETA: Looks like @mmafan is a FTF DP, so wouldn't know about shows selling out for regular FTF anyway. Sorry!

I'm going to try for SotS when I line up for FtF. For me it's not so much a big deal because I have SotS the next day as a FP, but I would like to switch it out for a ride instead of waste a FP since Rebels doesn't interest us and we have a 6:25 H&V dinner. I suppose we could try for Oz and then drop our FPs in MDE and make someone's day and pick up something like ToT, but I really don't want to!

There was no line when I checked in. Most people were already in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter