***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

We loved the Mickey waffles on our trip in September. I got a mickey waffle maker for Christmas and I then ordered the Carbon waffle mix. Guess what we are having for breakfast one of these weekend mornings.

We loved the Mickey waffles on our trip in September. I got a mickey waffle maker for Christmas and I then ordered the Carbon waffle mix. Guess what we are having for breakfast one of these weekend mornings.

Yum!! Mickey waffles are the best!!

Hey chief, I remember you from the September 2017 trip discussion. That was such a great group! :)

My husband and I have been planning for December this year too, we booked a bounce back when we were there.

Hey chief, I remember you from the September 2017 trip discussion. That was such a great group! :)

My husband and I have been planning for December this year too, we booked a bounce back when we were there.

Hi Shelbizzles, I saw that you have stayed at Pop Century quite a few times. We are wanting to rent DVC points to stay in 2 studios in one of the Villas, but we have also considered Pop if we can’t secure a DVC rental. Can you tell me what you love about it, the good, bad, and ugly? Thanks!

Hi Shelbizzles, I saw that you have stayed at Pop Century quite a few times. We are wanting to rent DVC points to stay in 2 studios in one of the Villas, but we have also considered Pop if we can’t secure a DVC rental. Can you tell me what you love about it, the good, bad, and ugly? Thanks!

My husband and I always enjoy staying there But typically we are just using it as a place to sleep/shower.

Pros for us
Better then the all stars because they have their own buses.
We love the rooms especially the newly renovated ones. (Queens beds)
Can walk to art of animation.
Budget friendly.

Cons
Pretty much just that it can be kind noisy and kind of chaotic around the pool & food court.
Buses can be far depending on what building your put in.

Overall we love it though. It perfectly fits our needs as a couple.
We’ve never stayed at a deluxe though.

Hope that helps :)

HI !!
Yes I remember you from there too. We are still kicking around a December trip. After our 9 day, 8 night blow out in September my wife and daughter had no plans on ever going back anytime soon. I told my wife as we were watching the Disney parade on Christmas morning my son wanted to see Disney with Christmas decorations. It won't be but a 3 or 4 day trip this time. My son turned 2 yesterday and I said you know if we go around the first week of December it would be the last time we could take him for free.. :)

:wave:

Joining in - I'm planning trip for December 2018 though I'm waiting to book until I have at least half the money for the trip. Hopefully by my birthday at the end of March I'll have figured out dates and will officially be booked.

Question though - is the 2nd week or the 3rd week very different as far as crowds. My kid is still in elementary school and they don't do a ton of work close to break time (I spend a lot of time in my kid's class this year doing Christmas stuff). This may be the last trip we take for a while during the school year.

Alrighty Folks! I believe I have fully updated the roll call since the last time. If your lodging is still up in the air I put TBD.

As always, let me know if I've made an error or missed you, or if you have even more updates.

I removed my own name. After Christmas is a no-go for us. In looking at calendars, it looks like we will be able to go in December in 2020 or 2021, so it's all good.

Last year, my husband and I took our second no-kids trip the week after Thanksgiving. (Our last no-kids Trip was for our first anniversary in 1991.) Looks like we’ll be going back in 2018! I’m in the process of trying to rent DVC points now. Current plan:

Nov 25-28: Cabana Bay Resort at Universal (got to do Harry Potter again!J

Nov 28-Dec 5: AKV Jambo in standard studio

AKL is my absolute favorite hotel, but I can’t make myself pay regular rates when we’re in the room so little. But renting points, it’s cheaper than a moderate and only a few hundred more expensive than a value. Keep your fingers crossed the points are available now from someone! (They’ve already confirmed the room itself is available.)

Alrighty Folks! I believe I have fully updated the roll call since the last time. If your lodging is still up in the air I put TBD.

As always, let me know if I've made an error or missed you, or if you have even more updates.

I removed my own name. After Christmas is a no-go for us. In looking at calendars, it looks like we will be able to go in December in 2020 or 2021, so it's all good.
Sorry that you had to cancel. So nice that you're sticking around to maintain this thread. Thanks! :)

I'm currently not on the list - probably December 10th to the 15th at Pop

Last year, my husband and I took our second no-kids trip the week after Thanksgiving. (Our last no-kids Trip was for our first anniversary in 1991.) Looks like we’ll be going back in 2018! I’m in the process of trying to rent DVC points now. Current plan:

Nov 25-28: Cabana Bay Resort at Universal (got to do Harry Potter again!J

Nov 28-Dec 5: AKV Jambo in standard studio

AKL is my absolute favorite hotel, but I can’t make myself pay regular rates when we’re in the room so little. But renting points, it’s cheaper than a moderate and only a few hundred more expensive than a value. Keep your fingers crossed the points are available now from someone! (They’ve already confirmed the room itself is available.)

Love that you get to add HP!! We were there this holiday season and it was amazing! Added you to the roll call.

It's all good! I've been very lucky - I snuck in an evening at MVMCP a week and a half ago during a Universal trip, and we get to go this August (without DH) - couldn't pass up the Magical Labor Day deal.
I'll be there in August too. :) We were originally supposed to be there this December, but ended up cancelling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter