***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Anyone care to speculate what the crowds will be like that weekend? It’s already going to be extra busy because it’s the weekend before 4th of July and now this.

What were Pandora crowds like opening weekend?
I’m not sure if it will be Pandora crazy but expect large crowds. Pandora had waits just to enter the land itself.

Anyone care to speculate what the crowds will be like that weekend? It’s already going to be extra busy because it’s the weekend before 4th of July and now this.

What were Pandora crowds like opening weekend?

Very busy, even throughout a couple weeks after. The first weekend they had to control access into the land itself. There was a standby line for those that didn't have a FP for a Pandora ride. That went away fairly soon but people had the mindset of "hey lets go check it out" and it was a pretty popular idea. But at around rope drop time, the rest of the park was absolutely dead. We had a FP for a pandora ride and ended up going to Everest and rode that back to back more times than I can remember. Then went to the Safari and had time to spare before our flight of passage FP. So there is something to be said for enjoying short rides elsewhere and not following the crowd.

I think it was the end of March. I want to say March 29th.

That being said, if you wait for the email it might be too late

I thought you needed an email? Sorry I am new to this AP thing :)

ETA: I googled the Pandora ones and I see how it worked now!

We will be there but considering avoiding till our next trip! Bad enough 4th of July week will be crazy to begin with! :scared:

We will be there the week before. Is there really a chance for them to do previews for AP holders? We have the Platinum pass and would be THRILLED to get a chance to go in and see. Even if we can't get a FP and don't ride a single thing, I would just like to be able to see it and walk around. I'd go do the other rides with no lines, haha.

This might make attendance a little more tolerable in the other parks that week as a lot of people might move their vacation to the next week to try and get in for the opening. Or maybe attendance will be insane as everyone tries to get in for the previews and avoid the park the next week. We shall see!

Same for us!! we are trying to decide if we want to take a chance for a preview or re book for later in the summer...what to do what to do???

I think it was the end of March. I want to say March 29th.

That being said, if you wait for the email it might be too late

I am new to this Passholder thing too! I am a Platinum member so don't have blackouts. Could you, or someone else, explain a little more what is meant by waiting for an email might be too late? If there are previews is it something that you sign up for?

I'm sorry if this is off topic, it is just really cool to have the possibility of seeing it early!

I still need more explanations so I don't mess all of this up.

Do you have to confirm anything for the preview if you have the AP? Is it something you must register for or is it just that if you have an AP that isn't blocked out on those dates you can attend the preview so long as you show up? We will be there the week before but I don't want to find out that we can't go in because we didn't reply to an email or sign up online somewhere.

Our trip is May 16-27. We were so hoping it would be open. I hope at least toy story mania will be up and running by then. This announcement has made me a little sad this morning.:sad:

Don't be sad...it's a reason to plan another trippixiedust: And hey, maybe it will help lighten the crowds while you are there!

For the most part I'm relieved. We're booked May 22 - 26 and at least I'll get to enjoy DHS without all that extra mayhem. We'll get a chance to see it on our December trip instead.

I'm also relieved! We are there May 13-21 and while I would love to see it, I'm glad to be missing the crowds that will be there. I'm hoping this announcement means that people who are planning now will just plan their trips for those dates and look past our week.

We were there last year as the AP and DVC previews were going on and missed the opening of Pandora which was a bummer. BUT now we have something new and exciting to look forward to on this trip AND other folks have already worked out the best strategies so I know the what's and how's before going in.

I never got the email, but read about it on the Dis and got a spot. The date on my confirmation email was March 24.

Can you please explain more about this process. I will be there the week before and don't want to miss the previews. I do have an AP.

A little bummed that we'll be missing the land as we're leaving the 28th. I got an email from touring plans this morning saying the expected crowds for the dates we'll be there June 21-28 is lower for all parks. Do you all think that has to do with TSL opening the following week?

So would you be able to book 60 day fast passes on April 30 or May 1 if you’re staying onsite?

Reactions: TAK
How so? FL residents may purchase a pass without blockout dates just like anyone else.

Disney chooses their block outs purposely. I wouldn’t think this would be a PR nightmare. When you buy that pass you know you won’t be able to visit all the time.

Yup, understand all of that.

I'm not talking about an inability to get into the park during a blockout date but the inability to access a pretty big perk. If I were a silver passholder, I wouldn't mind paying for a day ticket to enter the park so I could use my AP status to access a preview. My question regarding validity is about if that means you are currently an AP holder OR valid for access to the park itself. So, if it's the former, someone with a silver pass should still be able to register provided they have a valid ticket.

The precedent is that you have access to your AP perks even if you do not currently have access to the park with your AP (merchandise/dining discounts and, if you have a gold pass, photopass). Granted, this is a special circumstance. Just curious if anyone KNOWS from experience or employee knowledge.

I'm going to drop this now - I feel like I'm pulling this a little off topic. Carry on :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter