***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

When will FastPasses be available for the new rides, do you think? (I saw this addressed above, but didn't understand the answer.) We have a trip planned already for July 27-30, for example. When I go to make FastPasses for that trip on May 27, will the new Toy Story Land rides be an option already? Or are there no FastPass reservations until June 30th, so on that day everyone in the next 60 days i scrambling all at once? How did this work for Pandora? TIA if anyone has some insight.

so if my trip is end of July, will I be able to book fastpasses (or attempt to book them) in May when I do my others? I'M SO EXCITED!!

Going the end up April so we will miss it but excited for everyone on this thread that will be there and hopefully provide us with awesome information, thoughts, opinions!!! ;)

When will FastPasses be available for the new rides, do you think? (I saw this addressed above, but didn't understand the answer.) We have a trip planned already for July 27-30, for example. When I go to make FastPasses for that trip on May 27, will the new Toy Story Land rides be an option already? Or are there no FastPass reservations until June 30th, so on that day everyone in the next 60 days i scrambling all at once? How did this work for Pandora? TIA if anyone has some insight.
I’d imagine FPs would be released 60 days out. So no FPs until June 30th when the land opens.

I’d imagine FPs would be released 60 days out. So no FPs until June 30th when the land opens.

PP above said they got signed up March 24, so that was about 2 months.

Sorry misunderstood what you were saying, thought you meant they would start then. Yeah that seems about right for the release.

Anyone have suggestions (other than checking here multiple times a day like always) of best way to find out as soon as they are released?

Now to keep my fingers crossed and eyes peeled for late May annual passholder previews! I'll be there May 21st through 26th!
I think that is too soon. I suspect mid June. Pandora's started May 8th for a May 27th opening. So I'm thinking around June 11th.

Really not super shocking that it's so late, considering the lack of progress in construction. Would have been really weird if it was ~3 months out and it looked like it does now. Still, it's a bit later than I expected. Now the next thing on the radar is the FP tier structure. Very interested to see what that looks like.

Hmmm....

So, if one is a silver passholder, would he/she have to purchase a day ticket to attend a possible AP preview? Their summer blockout begins June 3.

That's a real bummer for those passholders if so.

I remember last year for the AP preview, everyone in the party had to be an AP to get into that preview. DVC could bring the guests on the reservation. This is my issue as well. I have premier plus, but hubby is silver. We would have to upgrade his or hope we get into the DVC preview if offered.

Yup, understand all of that.

I'm not talking about an inability to get into the park during a blockout date but the inability to access a pretty big perk. If I were a silver passholder, I wouldn't mind paying for a day ticket to enter the park so I could use my AP status to access a preview. My question regarding validity is about if that means you are currently an AP holder OR valid for access to the park itself. So, if it's the former, someone with a silver pass should still be able to register provided they have a valid ticket.

The precedent is that you have access to your AP perks even if you do not currently have access to the park with your AP (merchandise/dining discounts and, if you have a gold pass, photopass). Granted, this is a special circumstance. Just curious if anyone KNOWS from experience or employee knowledge.

I'm going to drop this now - I feel like I'm pulling this a little off topic. Carry on :)

My hubby is a silver passholder and I kinda feel this was done purposely by Disney. Last year the emails were sent out in tiers. I was Gold at the time and by the time I got the email, it was completely booked. However, I had seen the link online and gotten a space for us. I kinda think Disney wants to block out the silver passholders to give more opportunity to their higher paying customers. If we can secure an AP spot, we will definitely upgrade his pass even though it expires in August. For us, the previews are worth it. The Pandora preview was amazing. Plus our son is obsessed with Toy Story.

I had made a cash reservation for the weekend before Memorial in hopes of AP preview. Just moved it to the weekend before 6/30. Fingers crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter