Official Wine & Dine 2018

At least with it being Monday - I won’t have to put it on a credit card!

At least with it being Monday - I won’t have to put it on a credit card!

I would always use a credit card for online purchases, you never know when something gets hacked and I don't want someone draining my bank account because I used a debit card online.

I would always use a credit card for online purchases, you never know when something gets hacked and I don't want someone draining my bank account because I used a debit card online.
Ok - maybe the better way of phrasing that would be - I don’t have to put it on a credit card I can’t immediately pay off.

Reading comments on a FB group: there’s a TA claiming that the dates for the race are 11/1-11/3 which doesn’t align with what’s on rD’s website (or how the races usually fall on the calendar). Maybe they need to fix some date descrepencies?

Reading comments on a FB group: there’s a TA claiming that the dates for the race are 11/1-11/3 which doesn’t align with what’s on rD’s website (or how the races usually fall on the calendar). Maybe they need to fix some date descrepencies?

That's one of the things I've noticed regarding this weekend ... it would take it off of NYC Marathon weekend, if the dates were changed off of 11/1-11/4.

Last edited:
I booked our room for this weekend last week. I'm hoping that they aren't moving the weekend or cancelling it as it's one of the races DS really wants to do. After all the complaints with how they handled the races in California you'd think RunDisney would start getting better at communication.

After what happened with Disneyland, I really hope RunDisney isn’t cancelling or moving. If they are, they really need to be upfront about what’s going on because the lack of communication and leaving people hanging is ridiculous and out of line. Especially when travel agents are already selling packages for this race.

I booked our room for this weekend last week. I'm hoping that they aren't moving the weekend or cancelling it as it's one of the races DS really wants to do. After all the complaints with how they handled the races in California you'd think RunDisney would start getting better at communication.
I have a room and challenge registration booked already through a TA. I really hope they don’t move it or cancel either. Disney doesn’t seem to ever want to improve their communication.

I’ve seen a couple theories: moving it back to a night race, waiting to see how the legistration to keep Florida on DST year round works out, IT issues with the AP page

RunDisney is definitely doing something. The 10K and Challenge info on the event page was missing for a while. I guess we are in for changes!

They REALLY need to announce changes like this way ahead of time. They know that people plan early. Example: if I had planned to run, I likely would have rented (non-refundable) DVC points by now. :rolleyes2 Or whatever about people coming from other countries? Get it together, runDisney.

I have a room and challenge registration booked already through a TA. I really hope they don’t move it or cancel either. Disney doesn’t seem to ever want to improve their communication.

We have our registration thru a TA as well and I just booked our flight on Southwest this am for the way down!

I wonder when we will know something for sure. How reliable do you think the travel agent is regarding the dates moving? Moving them will have quite the impact on what I run. My family is planning on coming in on the 31st, doing the Halloween party on the 1st, and then running the 5k on the second, the 10k on the 3rd, and the half on the 4th. I didn't mind the idea of a 5k after such a late night but not too keen on the idea of a 10k after being up past midnight and getting up at 2:30 or so. Plus, with us getting in late on the 31st, I wouldn't be able to go to the expo and get a bib for the 5k anyway. I'd be down to just doing the half. On the other hand, if they keep the dates as is, I need to add an extra day so I can stay for the party.

I wonder when we will know something for sure. How reliable do you think the travel agent is regarding the dates moving? Moving them will have quite the impact on what I run. My family is planning on coming in on the 31st, doing the Halloween party on the 1st, and then running the 5k on the second, the 10k on the 3rd, and the half on the 4th. I didn't mind the idea of a 5k after such a late night but not too keen on the idea of a 10k after being up past midnight and getting up at 2:30 or so. Plus, with us getting in late on the 31st, I wouldn't be able to go to the expo and get a bib for the 5k anyway. I'd be down to just doing the half. On the other hand, if they keep the dates as is, I need to add an extra day so I can stay for the party.

I really don’t know. There are others claiming that the registrations are coded that way (showing the half is on the 3rd) for hotel booking purposes? That they want you in a room the night before? I really don’t know and find it extremely confusing.

It's hard to say. When they first moved this weekend to a morning race and added the 10K, no one knew anything until the morning that AP registration was going to happen. I think they announced a delay in registration and changed to the weekend something like 2 hours before it was going to open. And there were tons of rumors that it would happen, but no one had anything concrete. So this would not be unprecedented for them. :rolleyes2

Not that logic may have anything to do with it, but...

If Disney did move the HM back to a night race, then it would make sense to have the 5K on Thursday morning the 1st, the 10K on Friday morning (or night) the 2nd, and the HM on Saturday night the 3rd. I think the old W&D night HMs were on Saturday night which let the runners travel back home on Sunday to make it in for work on Monday (at least for those who work M-F schedules).

That would be a happy change for me!

Does this race even sell out the first day? From what I've seen, Princess is the only one you really need to be one top of things the day of registration to get.

As I recall, the year the system was all wonky as the race eventually moved from a night to day race, the time was not listed on the rundisney page. If they are moving it to a night race (and/or a different day), it is surprising to me that the 5:30a Sunday time hasn't been erased from the site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter