Official Wine & Dine 2018

Yea...I can now access the early registration page with it's "Register Now" button. Hopefully all of my worrying was an unnecessary waste of energy.

I thought I saw that DVC and AP early registration was to open tomorrow at noon, but I can't seem to find it again. Can anyone confirm that early registration for DVC is tomorrow? I go to the link and it takes me to RunDisney Star Wars page. Maybe that will change tomorrow???
Yes, Early AP & DVC opens today, & hopefully all links/pages should update at noon ET to register (or a smidge before).

Do we still need to have our active account web page opened on our computers, ipads, etc as well?

Yea...I can now access the early registration page with it's "Register Now" button. Hopefully all of my worrying was an unnecessary waste of energy.
But as of right now, there's still a loop if you click on it... 1) click Register Now, 2) directed to rD, 3) click Register Now, 4) directed to rD... Disney IT is SO impressive!! :D

Is it a hassle getting to the races if you stay offsite?

I think some of this depends on where you are staying offsite, and what time you leave but in general getting to the race via car is actually pretty convenient. For marathon weekend this year part of our group stayed at the contemporary and part stayed offsite. Driving seemed to be the easiest way to get to/from races even if you were onsite.

I haven't had any problems with my AP page re-directing me to the wrong page...until today :(

True. Though the half doesn't cause that as much as the full in January. And I don't think the 5K and 10K mess with traffic much at all.

And it will all depend on where the course gets plopped this year. The "back half of the marathon" course would have low impact for most folks getting to the Epcot parking lot.

I think some of this depends on where you are staying offsite, and what time you leave but in general getting to the race via car is actually pretty convenient. For marathon weekend this year part of our group stayed at the contemporary and part stayed offsite. Driving seemed to be the easiest way to get to/from races even if you were onsite.
Right now we really aren’t sure. I’m booked at all star sports but really at starting to consider my offsite options. I started looking at Disney springs hotels. If we go that route we won’t use a car and will just take one of their park shuttles.

Gahhh :crazy2:...I’m so bummed that Raw Threads isn’t offering registrations anymore. :( I had planned to register for the 5K during regular registration, and then go through RT for the Challenge. Now the whole parking thing has kind of soured me as well. I had wanted to do the 5K since I hadn’t done it before & it’s the only one in AK, but I’ll just stick with the Challenge. Maybe I’ll actually go to the after party for once, lol.

Right now we really aren’t sure. I’m booked at all star sports but really at starting to consider my offsite options. I started looking at Disney springs hotels. If we go that route we won’t use a car and will just take one of their park shuttles.

That might work for normal park operating hours, but not for the races. Nor easily to the expo. I don't recall ever hearing of a shuttle operating at the hours necessary to get you to the start. And do shuttles take you to Wide World of Sport?

That might work for normal park operating hours, but not for the races. Nor easily to the expo. I don't recall ever hearing of a shuttle operating at the hours necessary to get you to the start. And do shuttles take you to Wide World of Sport?
Not sure about wide world of sports but we aren’t opposed to using Minnie vans. We used one last trip and actually really liked it.

She spoke with a few other staff and said that this was the first they have heard of IT issues.
I literalyly cannot roll my eyes hard enough! :rotfl2:

Is it a hassle getting to the races if you stay offsite?
Not at all if you have a car! I stay offsite often and always drive: just leave early and follow the directions provided when the race guide comes out.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter