OK DISers. Do you know someone personally that has the Virus?

Do You know someone personally with the Virus?

• yes

Votes: 273 55.3%
  • no

Votes: 203 41.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 3.6%

• Total voters
I didn’t think I knew anyone, but my daughter, who lives with me, got very sick back in early February with a weird “bug” that was really difficult to treat. She tested negative for the flu but had moderate breathing issues and a non productive cough, chills and body aches and a lingering fever. At the time, they thought it was some sort of bronchial thing, took about 2 -3 weeks for her to recover. She just got a message from her doctor ( on a Sunday no less) telling her to come in for an antibody test in the morning.

I never had a single symptom nor did her husband. Her twin sister though had exactly the same thing. But if she shows antibodies, we all get tested. So, we’ll see. Maybe I do.

I didn’t think I knew anyone, but my daughter, who lives with me, got very sick back in early February with a weird “bug” that was really difficult to treat. She tested negative for the flu but had moderate breathing issues and a non productive cough, chills and body aches and a lingering fever. At the time, they thought it was some sort of bronchial thing, took about 2 -3 weeks for her to recover. She just got a message from her doctor ( on a Sunday no less) telling her to come in for an antibody test in the morning.

I never had a single symptom nor did her husband. Her twin sister though had exactly the same thing. But if she shows antibodies, we all get tested. So, we’ll see. Maybe I do.
Thanks for this information. Would you update us as your daughter and your family are antibody tested? Good news that she was contacted by her physician! Glad everyone is well and can possibly help others.

Thanks for this information. Would you update us as your daughter and your family are antibody tested? Good news that she was contacted by her physician! Glad everyone is well and can possibly help others.
I will. I have no clue how long it takes to get the results back.

I still don't either. And I know people in lots of different states.

I have family (Mom"s side) in Los Angeles, San Francisco and northern Florida and then all our extended family here in Michigan.....so far so good. (knock on wood!!). I have two sons living in the hardest hit areas in Michigan; one lives in Oakland County; the other in Warren. They still have hundreds a week getting it so I still am quite nervous about them and that's the main reason they won't be visiting Grandma anytime soon. :(

My brother lives in Manhattan and was very sick in mid December. He was scheduled to fly down and visit us and my mom who lives in assisted living in a senior facility for Christmas. He had to cancel as he needed Out patient infusions to avoid being hospitalized. Barely escaped pneumonia. He is a very healthy and fit 51 year old. No other underlying health problems. His internist called him last week to go in and get tested for antibodies. No results yet.

Yes but none that live in my area now. A pretty good friend who had moved across the country years ago (but we kept in touch via facebook, not so much one to one contact even then, mostly just read each others comments/pics and made a comment or liked them or whatever) got sick and actually passed away from covid19. Her husband and one of her daughters got it as well but they recovered.
Another individual I know got it (she also does not live in my area, couple hours away) as did her husband and her parents. They have all since recovered except her dad who had to be hospitalized. He was pretty bad for a while but has been doing much better and although very weak they expect him to make a recovery as well.
My husband is a paramedic, he is around covid19 patients frequently (following all protective protocols of course) but so far he has remained healthy as have all of my very large, extended family and all of my local friends.

I have family (Mom"s side) in Los Angeles, San Francisco and northern Florida and then all our extended family here in Michigan.....so far so good. (knock on wood!!). I have two sons living in the hardest hit areas in Michigan; one lives in Oakland County; the other in Warren. They still have hundreds a week getting it so I still am quite nervous about them and that's the main reason they won't be visiting Grandma anytime soon. :(

My sister lives in Los Angeles, another lives in San Francisco. My husband's family lives in North Carolina. My parents and several other relatives live in Florida. My best friend lives in Chicago. I have numerous friends in New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, Massachusetts, Georgia, Ohio, Washington, South Carolina, and Texas. Literally no one I know has been sick.

A lady from our church had it but has recovered and is going back to work. I think my husband and I both had it in late February after flying back from Ft Lauderdale. At first, we assumed it was the regular flu, though neither of us have had the flu in decades. Now, the more I hear about the wide variety of symptoms, I’m pretty sure we had CV19. Unfortunately it’s all but impossible to get an antibody test unless you previously tested positive for the virus.

Still don't know anyone.....
We had a respiratory virus go through here last winter. Our local health department thinks that was the first wave of Covid19, and this latest stint in early April was the second wave.

My son had it in December after returning from a trip to
asia-so clearly it was out moving and here much sooner than advertised. His co worker was ill also-both had positive antibody tests returned. One of my employees returned ill from a Presidents day weekend visit to family in CA-she and her office mate along with two other members of the office mates household had it. An aquaintence in Ohio passed april 6 from complications.

She had her test this morning and while they said 2-3 days, she got her results back this afternoon- negative for antibodies. Whatever they both had, it was not covid-19, assuming the test was reliable- and having read up on it since she was sent in, it would seem it has a pretty high margin of error. But, for now, we assume that none of us have had it.

I posted previously about a friend from college's parents who are local to me. Now I have a few more people to add to the list:

- best friend's father (currently in the hospital)
- college friend's sister (in Boston)
- mom's best friend's mom, sadly she passed away on Friday

I live in an area on the east coast that has been hit very hard, and it's not going to end anytime soon.

Hello everyone, I wanted to say thank You. My husband is not on a respirator, he is on High-flow oxygen, if I got that right, I spoke to the Dr, and was saying and describing the new. change of oxygen, but right Now, no need for the respirator.
great thank goodness. The Dr. Said we are not out of the woods, he is really sick, they did another. X-ray, One lung is weak, the other has a very bad case of pneumonia, fever, and bad headaches. I have not even gotten A text from my husband, so he must not be able, i sent him with his phone and charger. I understand. The Dr or nurse will try to keep me on a call list, it’s at least once per day, I asked when he thought he may come home, and he was quite frank, he said they are doing all they can, but he is still in the most dangerous stage, the breathing and pneumonia part. 😕

I have been going out of my mind with worry, aNd have no fever, unsure if it’s stress, the virus, allergies, but I’ve not been well, the nights are the worst. Thankfully my son is fine,

Hello everyone, I wanted to say thank You. My husband is not on a respirator, he is on High-flow oxygen, if I got that right, I spoke to the Dr, and was saying and describing the new. change of oxygen, but right Now, no need for the respirator.
great thank goodness. The Dr. Said we are not out of the woods, he is really sick, they did another. X-ray, One lung is weak, the other has a very bad case of pneumonia, fever, and bad headaches. I have not even gotten A text from my husband, so he must not be able, i sent him with his phone and charger. I understand. The Dr or nurse will try to keep me on a call list, it’s at least once per day, I asked when he thought he may come home, and he was quite frank, he said they are doing all they can, but he is still in the most dangerous stage, the breathing and pneumonia part. 😕

I have been going out of my mind with worry, aNd have no fever, unsure if it’s stress, the virus, allergies, but I’ve not been well, the nights are the worst. Thankfully my son is fine,
Keep strong. My prayers are with you and your family.

Good news that your son is okay. We'll continue to pray for your husband's health and recovery 🙏 Try to get some rest when you can :hug:

I think I had it back in Feb but have not been tested. A rough 5 weeks!

That is good news he is not on the respirator. Next time you talk to them you might ask if he's sedated ... that could explain the lack of texts. That must be so hard to not be able to be there with him and advocate on his behalf, and understand what is happening in the moment. It sounds like when people are hospitalized it is often 2+ weeks for recovery, so it's possible there might not be much change for awhile. I know it is impossible not to worry, but the best thing you can do right now is to take care of yourself. I hope there is good news today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter