OK DISers. Do you know someone personally that has the Virus?

Do You know someone personally with the Virus?

• yes

Votes: 273 55.3%
  • no

Votes: 203 41.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 3.6%

• Total voters
I actually told my two brothers when they stopped over earlier that I would ask this question on my "worldly" DIS so here it is.

Right now, I don't know anyone in my family or circuit of friends that have the Coronavirus.

*** Edited to add......I really do use your replies and thoughts to gauge what can be going on in our world. Many of your replies and opinions over my 20 years here have been very helpful and insightful. Thank you. :goodvibes
Im a nurse and I have seen it personally

@mommasita ...I'm glad to read that your husband is well enough to come home! What a weight must be lifted from your shoulders knowing he'll be okay.

I send all of my good wishes and prayers to everyone here who is suffering, or has a loved one, friend, or knows someone who is suffering. It's a horrible disease. :sad2:

My cousin passed away Friday and lived in Chicago. She was 44; very much most likely Covid relaxed.
Some background. She was not in family contact really tha past decades. She had addiction issues. Believe she was clean lately. She lived in a tight apartment complex. Her sister told me that half of the building were Covid cases. My cousin also was sick and was having lung/ breathing issues. Got some Meds from a Dr but was not tested ??? But all say she had it. They are awaiting final coroner report. She went to bed and didn’t wake up. First signs from Coroner showed no obvious current drug use.
I hope she is at peace finally. She lived a life I wouldn‘t wish on anyone.

Im a nurse and I have seen it personally

Yes, and since I started this thread 2 months ago one of my DIL's brother has seen many people die in the Covid ward where he works at one of the Beaumont Hospitals in the Detroit area. He says they lost 4 patients in one day just a few days ago. So, so sad and scary for people, like you, who work around this all the time.

I love everyone sharing their personal situations as many have on this thread so thank you for answering and peace be with you do as you witness these deaths. :hug:

I just changed my vote to yes. We were speaking with to a neighbor that is friends with my daughter. She is 20 yrs old and is a nurses aide. They live at the end of the block so we don't see her very often. When we asked about her health, she told us she had Covid-19 in January. She was really sick for 2 weeks. She was tested for antibodies and she has them. So, they are saying she had it then.

I’m thinking of both @Searc , and @DopeyDame and your husbands, families, and everyone else posting who has loved ones, friends, co-workers going through this. 💕
That's so sweet of you!
DH has now had two negative tests. The first came back negative, but the nurse said given the high false negative rate and his continuing symptoms, she wanted to test again. (He's a volunteer first responder, and has transported cases, so he falls into the higher priority category, too.) The second test was negative too.
So that's all good news, but he still feels pretty crappy and has some lingering symptoms, so who knows what the heck is really going on. Fortunately he hasn't had trouble breathing and is able to stay home.

I'm definitely keeping your family and everyone else who is dealing with in my prayers!

Yes I'm in NJ so I know quite a few. 2 former co-workers from 2 past jobs had it both were hospitalized. A friend from high school (corrections officer) just got over it. Someone I went to high school with lost her Dad, college friend lost her grandmother. My cousins in Long Island had it. Their daughter was in Italy in January so they had it early on. Then my other cousins had it back in March They are in Long Island as well and didn't have contact with my other cousins. Then someone I know from my daughter's old girl scout troop, her husband and his family all had it. They were actually in the news a lot as they lost 4 family members in early March from it. Her husband spent 44 days in the hospital but thankfully he is home now. He lost his mother, 2 brothers and a sister to it. I may be forgetting people, it's just so bad here that it's hard to keep track. 😢

Rather amazingly, no. I know a lot of people who do jobs that bring them into contact with folks who are ill, but so far (knock wood) none of those friends have actually become ill. (The odds are pretty high that several of them have been infected -- heck, the odds are pretty high that I've been infected, just from half a dozen grocery store visits since the beginning of March.)

We do believe that my adult DS (who lives in another state) may have had it in late February, but that's unconfirmed. His diagnosis at the time was bronchitis, but whatever it was, it was nasty. It lasted about 10 days, so it fits, though he did not have much of a fever.

When I first saw the post I knew of someone who passed from it that was a distant relative of a friend of mine, so not known personally. Just found out last week DH's grandmother has it; she's in a rehab home recovering from a broken hip, and both she and her roommate have it.

A good friend's brother died from it a month ago. A good friend of my BIL's parents also died from it it 2 weeks ago. BIL had the kids out to the parents' ranch and the parents invited these friends over as well (not a lot of social distancing happening here.) Friend was sick the next day, in the ICU a day later, dead on day 3.

A co-worker was sick a month ago, but not sick enough to get tested. She got an antibody test this week that was positive, so the assumption was she had it last month.

That's so sweet of you!
DH has now had two negative tests. The first came back negative, but the nurse said given the high false negative rate and his continuing symptoms, she wanted to test again. (He's a volunteer first responder, and has transported cases, so he falls into the higher priority category, too.) The second test was negative too.
So that's all good news, but he still feels pretty crappy and has some lingering symptoms, so who knows what the heck is really going on. Fortunately he hasn't had trouble breathing and is able to stay home.

I'm definitely keeping your family and everyone else who is dealing with in my prayers!
You got instant results? Our results will take 3-5 days, after waiting in a line of cars for 3 hours and 45 minutes.

Goodness, that must have been so frustrating.
I hope you get word sooner rather than later. Thinking of you. :hug:
Thank you. We knew it would be 24-72 hours for results going in, but seeing the amount of people there, the extra couple days for results doesn't surprise me. Our symptoms have been fairly mild so far.

You got instant results? Our results will take 3-5 days, after waiting in a line of cars for 3 hours and 45 minutes.
Oh definitely not!!! First one took three days, then that same afternoon they sent him again and the next one took two days for results. Just got the second results two days ago.

I now know one person who has died from covid (in his 90s in a nursing home) and one family of 5 who all had it.

In the family, the father (with diabetes, high blood pressure and other health issues) got it the worst. He was very sick for 4 weeks, his wife was less severe for less time. The kids were sick for about 3 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter