Okay, please relieve my guilt - What is the Neverland Club?

suevee

<font color=red>I am in a frenzy!<br><font color=r
We are going to WDW in Feb 2003. It was supposed to be just me and DH for our 30th anniversary. But now DGD is staying with us (Mother - active duty single parent going to Korea for 1 year unaccompanied) I just can't tell my beloved DGD that we are going to WDW without her! So.....where is the Neverland Club? How much is it? What do they do with the kids? How late is it open? We will staying at the Contemp, can we still use it? Thankyou

Here is some information that may help you.

Childcare services are available at a number of the Disney Resorts for potty-trained children over three. Although some of the services and amenities may vary from one resort to another the following are some similarities:

Hours; 4 P.M. to Midnight
Snacks (milk and cookies) are offered
Blankets and pillows provided
Toys, Games, and videos in abundance
Character (often its Goofy) visits the children

Probably the best and most elaborate of the childcare centers is the Neverland Club at the Polynesian Resort. The Neverland Club at the Polynesian and the Cubs Den at the Wilderness Lodge are the only ones that include a buffet dinner. Although room service from the host hotel can be arranged at any of the centers.

The following is a list of the Childcare Centers and their host Hotels:

Contemporary Resort Mouseketeer Club 407-824-1000
ext. 3038
Grand Floridian Mouseketeer Club 407-824-3000
ext. 2985
Polynesian Resort Neverland Club 407-824-2170
WDW Dolphin Camp Dolphin 407-934-4241
WDW Swan Camp Swan 407-934-1621
Wilderness Lodge Resort Cubs Den 407-824-1083
Yacht and Beach Clubs Sandcastle Club 407-934-7000

Guests at any Walt Disney Resort Hotel or Campground may use the childcare service. Reservations are necessary.
$8 per hour per child (three hour minimum).

Disney Dad Tip:
If you are staying at a Disney Resort that does not host a childcare center try the Neverland Club at the Polynesian Resort. The best all around center and it is within a short walk of the transportation and ticket center (TTC) so you can catch Disney transportation to anywhere in the "world", i.e. EPCOT® or Pleasure Island.

Another excellent choice would be the Cubs Den at the Wilderness Lodge Resort. Make reservations at the Wilderness Lodge's Artist Point restaurant for a very special, and not soon forgotten dining experience. After dinner walk around and enjoy the breath taking lobby, relax in front of the massive fireplace and just take a break from the theme park lines and the crowds.

Daytime Childcare

Also available at Walt Disney World is daytime and afternoon child care offered through Kinder-Care Learning Centers. Initially available for use by Disney Employees only it now is offered to Disney Resort guests on a space available basis. Is well structured and centered around a Learning while Playing Development Program. Offered to children ages 1 through 12. Children must be able to walk and eat table food. Reservations required and can be made at (407) 827-5437.

In-Room Babysitting

Within the World in-room baby-sitting is available through either Kinder Care or Fairy Godmothers. Fairy Godmothers is available 24 hours a day and will except children of all ages. In addition to children they will care for the elderly. If you want they will even take the kids to the theme park. All Fairy Godmothers are female (makes sense) and are non-smokers.
To make reservations call:
Kinder Care (407) 827-5444
Fairy Godmothers ((407) 969-9847 and toll free 877-611-4314

Last edited by a moderator:
Youre DGD will love the Neverland Club!! My two kids will be going there for the first time on our next trip. I have heard nothing but good reports on it.

Its at the Polynesian

The cost is $8.00 per hour

They have crafts, games, video games, movies, they have dinner.

If I remember rightly its open from 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM.

Yes no matter where you stay onsite your DGD will be able to use the Neverland Club. You do have to make a reservation though. I have heard on the boards that if you take your child over before 4:00 PM you can utilize the things they have available for free but you have to supervise your child. It might be a great way to introduce her to the Club and get to see most of what they have to offer.

Thank you. If we decide to leave her with on site care, I really want her to have a good time. I will definitely check out the Neverland Club.

"We are going to WDW in Feb 2003. It was supposed to be just me and DH for our 30th anniversary. But now DGD is staying with us (Mother - active duty single parent going to Korea for 1 year unaccompanied) I just can't tell my beloved DGD that we are going to WDW without her! So.....where is the Neverland Club? How much is it? What do they do with the kids? How late is it open? We will staying at the Contemp, can we still use it? Thankyou"

The Neverland Club is a kids Club for kids 4-12 located at the Polynesian. It is open to all WDW resort guests. Last time we used it, which was last May (2001), it was $8 per hour and included dinner and snacks. It is open from 4 pm until 12 pm and unlike some of the other clubs, you can keep the kids there for more than 4 hours at a time. The Neverland Club is the largest kids club on property. They have a well trained, attentive staff, arts and crafts, big screen movies, computer games, video games, and an area that actually has a replica of Hook's boat for play acting... this is also where the video games are located. My DD has stayed there both times we have taken her to WDW, and she NEVER wants to leave. It is the one thing she always requests to do. I think that your DGD will like it! And you can enjoy a nice night out!

I made a ressie for the Neverland Club for our stay in August. I kept asking if there was a minimum number of hours you were charged and I was told no.

TC:cool:

Were we at Fort Wilderness for 7 nights in May. We left our DS/6 and DD/4 there one night to take our DD/12 and her friend out for a little time to do what they wanted. We dropped the kids off at 4pm and picked them up a little after 11pm. For the next 3 days all we heard about was the Neverland Club. DS kept asking to go back. Our last night there, I gave in and took him to the Neverland Club for a few hours and the rest of us went shopping at Downtown Disney and enjoyed a nice dinner at Rainforest Cafe. I felt a little guilty for leaving him twice until I picked him up that night. He asked, "Mom, can we stay an extra day so I can go back to the Neverland Club?"
DH and I highly recommend it!!!!!!!;)

We stayed at the Poly in May and used the Neverland Club twice and our DSs (6 and 4) loved it. They didn't want to leave. They loved the toys, the food, the stories, the movies and the free arcade games. They even asked to go back there for extra nights.

My DW also worries about leaving them anywhere, but after seeing the place and meeting the staff, her worries were gone. They give you beepers that work throughout WDW if they need you for anything. It is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter