Old thread, no longer in use.

blondewithbrains said:
Am I too late to sign up?

no, i sent you a pm.

you are good to go and signed up for le cellier for 7 pm seating.

you will enjoy this place !

Thanks....I just joined the boards a couple of weeks ago and everyone seems so nice so I was really hoping I could do this meet :)

blondie, if you check the reference board there are openings at wcc on a new adr set up and i see openings at some of the other resturants also.

so glad you could join up with us.

we are loads of fun :teeth:
but some here are sassy.......... :confused3

Hi ladies,
couldn't help but see that the dates you all are planning for a ladies'meet, coincide with a group of ladies who post on another Disney board that gets censored out when written here for some strange reason :confused3 . Let's see if I can speak in code: first there is the 3 w's signifying a web site, then a dot, then the singular of mice (5 letters) followed by 'owners' (no spaces) and then another dot and then com. The new site was formed by a bunch of people who used to post on the Dis, on the DVC forums, but then there was a big bruhaha when they took off the Community Board there and so a whole new forum started...it is very friendly and fun there and I'm not sure why anyone at the Dis would be bothered by the 'competition' but I guess that's what happens sometimes. :guilty:

Anyway, a bunch of ladies over there, who were planning solo or family trips in May and October, decided to do some activities together. Eventually, The Boardwalk Babes, (as we own at BWV and we are of course, in our own minds at least, babes! :rotfl2) was born!).

Because we use points at DVC and because of less points weekdays than weekends, our October trip is Sept 30-Oct 6, which coincides, in part with your Grand Gathering!

I'd love to meet up with you ladies in October, and also invite you to check out that other site to see what is up there, and finally to let you in on two things we recently learned about and are incorporating into our upcoming May trip:

First is Grand Gatherings...8 or more people staying on-site can take advantage of Disney Planning and certain Disney events. THey have an entire website for signing up your group and you can chat at that site, etc.
I learned recently that when you stay at the same resort, that they try to put you in rooms on the same floor and close by each other. (This might be a great advantage to us for our trip in two weeks, because the 'leader' has a 2bedroom Boardwalk view and we are hoping to get a little bump up from standard view.)

We decided on a Grand Gathering event for May(April 30-May6)...the dinner at Epcot, and then after dinner a dessert reception in that private area on its own little dock for watching Illuminations...This was $60 or 2TS (on DDP). We are meeting prior to dinner at our fearless leader's 2 bdromBWV for margaritas.

In October, we are looking at the Pirate Cruise for a GG. But one of the gals and I are planning on arriving early, on Saturday, Sept 29, in hopes that there is a Party of the Senses that night. I've heard wonderful things about this party at Epcot in honor of the Food and WIne Festival, and I was wondering if any of you ladies might consider joining us? allearsnetdotnet has a write up of POS; it is rather expensive but it is a dinner of 'food stations' from all the best chefs at WDW plus they bring in others from NYC,SF and NO etc....and wine tastings too.

I'll be back to read through all the posts on this thread and to hopefully see if I can join in on any in October. I hope you don't take any offense at my suggestions to check out the other web site and we 'Grand Gatherings'Boardwalk Babes over there and I hope some of you may be interested in the Party of the Senses on the last Saturday in Sept (the 29)which kicks off the Food and Wine Festival, I think! It would be ever so much more fun to have a large group of us at this party.

kidsister said:
Hi ladies,
couldn't help but see that the dates you all are planning for a ladies'meet, coincide with a group of ladies who post on another Disney board that gets censored out when written here for some strange reason :confused3 . Let's see if I can speak in code: first there is the 3 w's signifying a web site, then a dot, then the singular of mice (5 letters) followed by 'owners' (no spaces) and then another dot and then com. The new site was formed by a bunch of people who used to post on the Dis, on the DVC forums, but then there was a big bruhaha when they took off the Community Board there and so a whole new forum started...it is very friendly and fun there and I'm not sure why anyone at the Dis would be bothered by the 'competition' but I guess that's what happens sometimes. :guilty:

Anyway, a bunch of ladies over there, who were planning solo or family trips in May and October, decided to do some activities together. Eventually, The Boardwalk Babes, (as we own at BWV and we are of course, in our own minds at least, babes! :rotfl2) was born!).

Because we use points at DVC and because of less points weekdays than weekends, our October trip is Sept 30-Oct 6, which coincides, in part with your Grand Gathering!

I'd love to meet up with you ladies in October, and also invite you to check out that other site to see what is up there, and finally to let you in on two things we recently learned about and are incorporating into our upcoming May trip:

First is Grand Gatherings...8 or more people staying on-site can take advantage of Disney Planning and certain Disney events. THey have an entire website for signing up your group and you can chat at that site, etc.
I learned recently that when you stay at the same resort, that they try to put you in rooms on the same floor and close by each other. (This might be a great advantage to us for our trip in two weeks, because the 'leader' has a 2bedroom Boardwalk view and we are hoping to get a little bump up from standard view.)

We decided on a Grand Gathering event for May(April 30-May6)...the dinner at Epcot, and then after dinner a dessert reception in that private area on its own little dock for watching Illuminations...This was $60 or 2TS (on DDP). We are meeting prior to dinner at our fearless leader's 2 bdromBWV for margaritas.

In October, we are looking at the Pirate Cruise for a GG. But one of the gals and I are planning on arriving early, on Saturday, Sept 29, in hopes that there is a Party of the Senses that night. I've heard wonderful things about this party at Epcot in honor of the Food and WIne Festival, and I was wondering if any of you ladies might consider joining us? allearsnetdotnet has a write up of POS; it is rather expensive but it is a dinner of 'food stations' from all the best chefs at WDW plus they bring in others from NYC,SF and NO etc....and wine tastings too.

I'll be back to read through all the posts on this thread and to hopefully see if I can join in on any in October. I hope you don't take any offense at my suggestions to check out the other web site and we 'Grand Gatherings'Boardwalk Babes over there and I hope some of you may be interested in the Party of the Senses on the last Saturday in Sept (the 29)which kicks off the Food and Wine Festival, I think! It would be ever so much more fun to have a large group of us at this party.
Hi there.
I just want to say thanks for the info. I just saw your post now.

If you post some of this info on our main chat thread you will get alot more response.
We do have a GG# and are using that and we considered a dessert party at Epcot but decided against it.

I was a bit confused about the dates you mentioned. You said Sat the 29th but the 29th is actually a Friday. That Friday we are all eating at 1900 Parkf Faire (I have a reservation for 40 and I believe there is still room at this point)
then we will be heading to MNSSHP. On Saturday we are eating at Le Cellier and some at Rose and Crown and after Illuminations we are heading over to either Jellyrolls of the Adventurers Club.

Our schedule is on the first post of this thread. It is not set in stone though and may change as times passes.
I will check out that other website when I get a chance. Thanks. And feel free to come and chat with us on our main chat thread. We would love to try and hook up with some other fun ladies!! :thumbsup2

kidsister said:
Hi ladies,

Thanks for the info. Im already a member there but havent dropped in in a while. Guess I need to stop slacking!

3.gif

Count me in!

I am traveling with another friend of mine and Aidensmom (aka Beth)..... my official dates are 9/29 - 10/5

Dagny said:
Count me in!

I am traveling with another friend of mine and Aidensmom (aka Beth)..... my official dates are 9/29 - 10/5
Cool!!! Welcome! :cheer2: :woohoo: :banana: :wave:

It's late and I am just signing off but if you have any questions feel free to PM me and I'll get back to you asap.
Also come on over and check out our main trip chat thread. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter