OMG.... I got to stay in the Castle!!! More pictures added to first post

$587 so you do not have to pay taxes.....

Common misconception. You have to claim all your winnings. The sponsor is not required to send the IRS a 1099 form for winnings under $600, but that doesn't preclude them from doing so. You are still required to claim everything you win. Technically, if you won a $10 tshirt, you should report that as an extra 10 bucks in income. They have to pay for those stimulus checks some how!

I'm so jealous!!! I tried to win ANYTHING last year, but with no luck. Hopefully, when I go in September, I'll be chosen for something!!! If I would win a stay in the castle, I could die a happy girl!!!! My life would be complete!!

Woo Hoo!!!! Good for you!!! thank you for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets just say i'm green :sick: with envy....and it doesn't look good on me....hahah. Seriously though congrats :dance3:

Thanks for the pics - Last July I was dreaming - but alas we didn't get to sleep in Cinderella's Castle, lol! Congratulations!

Common misconception. You have to claim all your winnings. The sponsor is not required to send the IRS a 1099 form for winnings under $600, but that doesn't preclude them from doing so. You are still required to claim everything you win. Technically, if you won a $10 tshirt, you should report that as an extra 10 bucks in income. They have to pay for those stimulus checks some how!

I have won many $500 scratch lottery tickets, and you only have to pay/report on winnings over $600...thats what mass says....not sure anywhere else.

What a wonderful story!
I'm so happy for you and thankful that you shared your magical gift. For me, just reading your wonderful story is pixie dust enough me.
I keep Disney World close to my heart by these posts and all the DISers who are kind enough to share their magical moments.

I have won many $500 scratch lottery tickets, and you only have to pay/report on winnings over $600...thats what mass says....not sure anywhere else.

This may be true for STATE taxes, but federal law requires you to report ANY winnings, regardless of value (like the poster that you quoted says). I just got through taking Federal Income Tax Law and unfortunately, that's the law!

Now, does everyone do that? Of course not!
but we are talking in technicalities

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter