OMG.... I got to stay in the Castle!!! More pictures added to first post

Do you think the Castle prize is ever given to just 2 people or just larger families? I know I'd love to stay there and my family isn't going with me this trip ... but I'd still love to win THAT prize!:cool1:

It's given to just two people. A couple here in Celebration won it (although they ended up inviting their neighbors to stay too).

I am so happy to read that you and your family were excited!!!!!!!

When we were there in April we had dinner at the castle and while we were waiting to have our pic with Cinderella the family that won the night stay came in and the vibe they gave off was that it wasn't a big deal to them! No smiles...no excitement...nothing! COME ON ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!

Then during dinner when they introduced them it was all about the same thing -- barely a wave to the crowd or a smile. Very strange! I would have been BEAMING all day and no doubt me and my DD would have been crying happy tears and my DH would have been glowing!

To each their own...I guess the computer can't pick someone that really wants it every night!

Just glad your family was thrilled!

Okay, I have a question. If you only have 2 people in your party can you call 4 more to come join you? DBF and I go to DL alot and if I won the night in Walt's Suite I would want my mom and DBF's gma to stay with us too.

Yes, as long as they can be there within an hour to fill out the paperwork.

COuld a computer be picking the people? How the heck do they know who you are when you're on the Tricetops ride in AK? I figured they are told in their morning meeting that today the winner will come from such & such ride @ such & such park at 10:59 when the people are getting off the ride. And they are to fit such & such profile ( family with zero kids - or family with 3 kids or something like that)

Sure makes me wonder how to fit the profile that they want to win....

Then during dinner when they introduced them it was all about the same thing -- barely a wave to the crowd or a smile. Very strange! I would have been BEAMING all day and no doubt me and my DD would have been crying happy tears and my DH would have been glowing!

Did it happen to be Nancy Kerrigan and family? ;)

COuld a computer be picking the people? How the heck do they know who you are when you're on the Tricetops ride in AK? I figured they are told in their morning meeting that today the winner will come from such & such ride @ such & such park at 10:59 when the people are getting off the ride. And they are to fit such & such profile ( family with zero kids - or family with 3 kids or something like that)

Sure makes me wonder how to fit the profile that they want to win....

It's simple. Because this is a contest, it MUST be administered completely randomly. As such, the contest is "run" by an outside accounting firm to ensure that it IS random. So, the accounting firm's computer (that generates the information that is given to the Dream Squad) may spit out that on July 14, 2008, at 10:59, the person sitting in seat number 2 on the first arriving car (at that time) is the winner of the prize. Moreover, the Dream Squad doesn't know what prize they're handing out until a few minutes before they're sent to actually go do it. So, it's not "profiling" like it's a family of 5, it's completely random.

Hope this helps! Enjoy the Magic, & good luck to one & all!

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I AM SOOOOOO JEALOUS!!! BUT CONGRATS! that is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Congratulations. I love the photos and hearing all about your stay. My family wonders if you can see out the castle windows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter