OMG! Minimum of 100 shares now required to join Shareholder's Club or to renew!!!!!

Thanks for the clarification Carrie :)
For my part I'm not bothered about Salon Mickey, I've only ever been there twice but I would miss the restaurant and store discounts and I really do like to think I own a very small part of one of the Welsh dolls in IASW.

I don't suppose anyone has a copy of the renewal form they could email to me? Probably way too late to renew but Id like to try as my card expires at end October. xx

Likewise I am also looking for the renewal form if anyone has a copy that they can email me please. Even if it's just a copy of your form with your information blocked out. Just looking at the format of the form would help me either "recreate" it, or see if I can use a previous one.

As for whether its too late. We maybe in luck. The T&Cs of the new (and I assume old) General Conditions documents says:

"For renewal request, the issuance of a new card is subject to the general conditions in force at the date of request and the submitting of the documents listed above".

Given that (in theory) our documents will be them tomorrow (hopefully) - then at the "date of request" (ie tomorrow) the general conditions state that you need a minimum of 5 shares still. The new General Conditions don't come into effect until Monday 1st October.

At least that is what I would "argue" with them if necessary!.

Thank you

Iain

what dates Jonathan? If you are staying onsite, your Fantasy AP works for park entry 365 days a year.

Really? I thought it had blackout dates?

If not, then perhaps it's worth looking into as an alternative, though - i'm sure i'd miss salon mickey too much :crazy2:

Just a thought, maybe they want small shareholders to sell because there will be a buyout coming soon and then the shares will be worth a lot more, so maybe if u really want a bit of the magic buy the extra shares and hopefully make some money & I think the shareholder perks might get better

EDL have been buying alot of their shares recently so maybe your right.

100 shares used to be how many shares you used to have to own to join the Shareholders club when it was first launched, then it changed to 5 new shares or 20 new shares after the share consolidation in 2007 when your 100 old shares became 1 new share.

I think no matter why people bought their shares, this is a sad time for us all.

We enjoyed the perks albeit briefly as we haven't been members long! But, we also liked the idea of owning a speck of dust in the park - like I said earlier, it is the difference between someone who just visits once and isn't so bothered about the whole Disney dream, and a lot of us on here who see it as our second home (well, not literally, but you get the jist!). Our DD1 in particular was beaming on our last trip when we told her we owned a little piece of the magic ::yes::. As a result, DH and I have agreed tonight that we will not sell unless forced :p.

Things will be changing - there is no doubt about it. I just wonder what is next.... :crazy2: Is it a case of 'no pain, no gain'? :rolleyes2

I enjoy going to Salon Mickey, it is unique and there is no other place like it in any other Disney park in the world.

The nearest thing to SM and DLPs Shareholder Club is membership of Club 33. There is one in Disneyland in Anaheim and another in Tokyo Disneyland. Membership costs $10,000 to join and an additional $3,000 per year. Plus Club 33 in California has a 10 year waiting list.

Its nice to hear that other shareholders also think they own a little bit of the magic too.

I expect we will see ticket prices increase and the cost of annual passes rise too, just like they did in the US this year. A premium annual pass to WDW now costs $699 an inccrease of 11%.

Hi Again,

I found my 2010 renewal forms. Can someone who has renewed recently take a look and tell me if this is same form as being used now please?

Page 1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/87741375@N02/8030984189/in/photostream
photostream

Page 2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/87741375@N02/8030978928/in/photostream/
photostream

Thank you

Iain

I enjoy going to Salon Mickey, it is unique and there is no other place like it in any other Disney park in the world.

The nearest thing to SM and DLPs Shareholder Club is membership of Club 33. There is one in Disneyland in Anaheim and another in Tokyo Disneyland. Membership costs $10,000 to join and an additional $3,000 per year. Plus Club 33 in California has a 10 year waiting list.

Its nice to hear that other shareholders also think they own a little bit of the magic too.

I expect we will see ticket prices increase and the cost of annual passes rise too, just like they did in the US this year. A premium annual pass to WDW now costs $699 an inccrease of 11%.

Thanks for the info Jonjo - very interesting!

This is how I see DLRP going myself. Prices will go up and the perks will become scarce or will cost so much. Do you know what the US APs entitle you to - I didn't think it was shop purchases/meal discounts?? On the other side of that though - there may be a 3rd gate, larger budget so more to offer etc... :confused3

I think it's a case of 'tough love' from the WDC. They've done a deal over the debt but it appears that EDL have been told to pull their socks up and sort out their housekeeping once and for all :crazy2:

Iain

Can you email them to me. Assuming you have a computer copy. Sent you a message with my email.

Thanks ( hopefully)

Do you know what the US APs entitle you to - I didn't think it was shop purchases/meal discounts?? :

For WDW you get the following discounts:

10% table serivce dining
10% merchandise
30% golf green fees
50% miniature Golf
15% boat hire
10% water skiing
10% spa treatments.
10% fishing excursions

The Disneyland Resort in California has a whole different range of discounts, which are listed here which are very like DLPs as they sell a range of annual passes.

Thanks Carrie Cat for the French version of the e-mail. That's a pretty big omission from the English version ie "until the expiration of your membership". Whoever does their translating should be fired! I'd say they got a lot of e-mails like mine due to the confusion.

Now that I've had a few hours to get over the shock I think I too will be keeping my shares. I got a great buzz when I bought them, not because of the shareholders club but because I owned a piece of my favourite place on earth.

The discounts will be great when we go in December and I'm looking forward to seeing Salon Mickey but to be honest not having discounts before never kept me from going to DLP and as we usually have breakfast at about 9 anyway Salon Mickey was just going to be so we could see it not really because we'll need something to eat or a rest before 12.

Like others, it does make me wonder what other changes are on the way but I suppose getting their house in order is better than them getting into dire financial difficulty and the park falling into disrepair

What sad news :sad: but when the recent rumour started about the buy-out I think we guessed it would only be a matter of time .....

DH, our eldest DD and I all have 25 shares each. DH's initial reaction was to transfer his to me and me then purchase another 50 so I have 100 but I'm not interested. They'll probably only raise the bar again in a few years and say you need a minimum of 200 and where do you draw the line?

We always used to have APs so will just buy one of those next time we visit. The shopping discount is better with an AP and the counter service discount balances out the lesser table/buffet discount. Also, I don't see how they can stop people using the AP route to book rooms. I can see them starting to charge those not on the original booking for breakfast but can't see how they can stop additional people being added at check-in provided the room occupancy isn't exceeded - after all this is how rooms are booked in the US, including Disney.

It's Salon Mickey that I'll miss the most but this is a perk that I think will also disappear ..... and the knowledge that I 'owned' a little bit of the magic :sad: :sad: :sad: but I really don't think I'm that upset that I'm prepared to pay out more for it.

DD will probably be more upset as her shares were her 18th birthday present and therefore quite sentimental. I've not spoken to her yet so don't know her feelings.

Oh well, I've got just under a year left on my membership, and DH and DD both have just under two years so there's no need for us to do anything hasty. The ironic thing is I have a share in the Walt Disney Company which I actually receive dividends for (!) but no perks ..... the attraction to buying this is the beautifully decorated share certificate.

Arg, typical! We bought some shares earlier in the week and were just getting round to sorting the shareholders club stuff out when this happens! Can't join up now because the link on the website is broken :sad:

I am so glad we just joined a few months ago at 20 shares. We will use our salon mickey for the next two years and but we just ordered our AP's two weeks ago. They are dream passes so we get the best discounts already.

We won't be buying another 80 shares as we already own a WDW stock in the States.

well this e-mail has come out of the blue hasnt it! i was angry last night but ive calmed down a bit today.

For us,a family that has to save up every 2 years to go the dlrp, becoming a shareholder was an ideal choice for us. we went last year with another family of 5, and our 5 day trip saved us all over £300 using my card.

im not sure an AP would suit us as we cant afford to go every year,let alone a few times a year. we were planning for sept 2014 but my card expires in march 2014 so looks like we may have to have an earlier trip than planned!

do we sell up or buy more? who has a crystal ball?

Hi

I have shares but my card has expired.

Does this mean I canno renew?

Thought no urgency since no trip booked :sad2::sad2:

Never received an email from Disney.

Anyone got email address of shares dept please

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter