OMG! Minimum of 100 shares now required to join Shareholder's Club or to renew!!!!!

Carrie. They just look at them, never seen it swiped!!! If I cant use mine in October then I just won't be doing expensive meals and much shopping!

I can't remember if I've had mine swiped at all - I don't think so. :confused3

It honestly isn't very clear. I am wondering (the worst) and thinking we will all need to renew to the new club after 1st October, meaning if we don't have the 100 shares then we are out. It does seem an unfair way to do it - it would be better to let people remain until their renewal date on their cards. Let's hope it is the latter.... :scratchin

Interesting.

My membership has lapse and I need to renew. As I've only something like 22 shares held with Halifax Share Dealing it would seem I need to do something fast this evening/tomorrow in order to beat the October 1st date - which is next Monday.

When renewing what do people normally sent to prove ownership of the shares please?. In the past I've got a cover letter from the Halifax, but don't have time for this, this time.

Thanks

Iain

This is such a shame. Very few true DLP fans could afford that, it's almost the price of a trip. So just for the wealthy! I think all shareholders should email and stress that this is unfair for those fans who can't afford those extra shares,but were loyal enough to have them before this announcement.

This is such a shame. Very few true DLP fans could afford that, it's almost the price of a trip. So just for the wealthy! I think all shareholders should email and stress that this is unfair for those fans who can't afford those extra shares,but were loyal enough to have them before this announcement.

They don't care though do they..it just makes it easier to buy them all out as some many people would renew and sell the few shares that they own

They don't care though do they..it just makes it easier to buy them all out as some many people would renew and sell the few shares that they own

Of course! My brain wasn't working for a moment. I totally forgot about the whole wanting to buy out DLP thing! :crazy2: Ah well!

We should all refuse to sell then! :coffee:;)

Omg thats such bad news! We only just bought ours and recieved our card last week at home whilst we were there so never actually got to use our card, just our temporary certificate! I hope we can remain shareholders even if its just the two years the card is valid as we are planning another trip in Feb! My OH just said "That's ok we can buy another 20 shares every 6 months or so" but I am sure that will not be worth it! We scrimp just to afford our trip!!

It did indeed cross my mind too that they may be trying to buy back shares and take control of the company.

Rosebug, I agree it's now a "rich person's club" not a club for true Disney fans who have been visiting for years and years. Let's face it, how many people are going to buy shares to get a member's card unless they are big fans and visit regularly.

I am also not too happy that they gave such a short amount of notice. It screams of them not wanting people with 20 shares to dash to renew before the date of the change (assuming we can still use our currently valid cards after the 1st of Oct)

After the first shocking moments I thought about if it´s really worth it.

Of course I like the park and Disney and I am proud to own a very little piece of this great company.

I was and I am very proud to enter Salon Mickey and yes I feel a little bit like a VIP at that moment.

But personally I have to buy 75 more shares right now. That would mean 401,25 Euro. :scared1:

What will I get ?

15 % on Day Tickets .... I have an AP
15 % on AP .... ok
10 % on Package .... hmmm I just booked with 40%
25% on Room Only .... see above

15% at restaurants .... 10% with AP ... not that much difference
15% at boutiques ..... 20% with Dream
20% at Buffalo Bill .... the Billet Malin is cheaper
20% at guided tours ..... ok but it is not a great lost for me.

After all I really see only the 15% for AP and Salon Mickey as a good point.

If you go for advantages.....shareholder is no good any more.

If you go for being a part of history ..... go for it.

I don´t know what to do but 400,- is a lot of money. Its a trip to DLP for us.

With this Disney will try to convince each one of us to sell your shares because it will be too expensive to be shareholder again. And then they will do the buyout.

My opinion !

:cool2:

mine expires 30th sept so i quickly emailed my form and current shared valuation to them.....

will let u know if/when they accept it lol

hope they do otherwise that really will stop our holidays as we use the card for shopping and food.....

Of course I like the park and Disney and I am proud to own a very little piece of this great company.

I was and I am very proud to enter Salon Mickey and yes I feel a little bit like a VIP at that moment.

But personally I have to buy 75 more shares right now. That would mean 401,25 Euro. :scared1:

What will I get ?

15 % on AP .... ok

With this Disney will try to convince each one of us to sell your shares because it will be too expensive to be shareholder again. And then they will do the buyout.

My opinion !

I share your opinion :goodvibes

I have an AP which I am renewing next week for the 3rd year running. I don't see the point of being a shareholder as the advantages are less than what I get with the AP.

I think most people are there for the discounts and Salon Mickey rather than for the belonging to the DLP family and that is why so many people will be selling their shares.

I don't really see how they could break the membership and say from 1st you need 100 shares... I'd take it as on everyones next renewal.

For me, it still seems worth it... we don't hold AP's as we don't see the point, so the money it saves us is quite substantial.... it saves us at least £80 a trip, so after 5-6 trips its paid for and done with.

What will I get ?

15 % on AP .... ok

My opinion !

that's exactly my thoughts too - I'm still very happy with my AP :goodvibes Just hope they don't raise the prices on these to a crazy amount too as I need to renew mine in feb :worried:

Seems fairly poor to announce this and then break the renewal process website!.

It's probably broken as there's so much traffic on the site with people trying to renew :confused3

Well that's as clear as mud, sadly I'm inclined to think that come October 1st we're all out of the club and I think it's a very clever calculated way of getting rid of us small shareholders, they must've realised that the majority of us aren't going to buy the additional 80 shares and we're not going to keep 5 or 20 without the perks. Hope I'm wrong, I've only just renewed and with 20 shares so no extra cost. Think I'd be fairly annoyed if I'd just joined up especially if it was with 5 shares and paying the additional fee, it doesn't seem right that they can take our money and then change the terms so quickly and drastically :(

I don't really believe from reading it that we are out october first.. just that members who renew after this date will need 100 shares to qualify.

My membership card states next year till expiry... I don't see how they could change that.. not only that, but they have never once swiped my card, simply looked at it then swiped their own supervisor card to authorise.

that's exactly my thoughts too - I'm still very happy with my AP :goodvibes Just hope they don't raise the prices on these to a crazy amount too as I need to renew mine in feb :worried:

I've never paid full price yet for mine - just bought a Fantasy for 119€ instead of 159€ from Carrefour in the sale last week

Look out for the flash sales :goodvibes

I don't really see how they could break the membership and say from 1st you need 100 shares... I'd take it as on everyones next renewal.

For me, it still seems worth it... we don't hold AP's as we don't see the point, so the money it saves us is quite substantial.... it saves us at least £80 a trip, so after 5-6 trips its paid for and done with.

see I think people will go the AP route more over shareholders now. Because a Fantasy AP costs as little as £120 with fees etc from cemultiavantages. Booking one adult in on an onsite package and adding the AP holder at check-in can easily save you that £120 on one trip, compared to booking 2 adults in on the package. And then you've still got all your AP restaurant and shopping discounts on top (plus free parking if you need it, and better discounts off special event tickets etc).

Compare that to having 6 trips before you break even on the 100 shares needed to be a shareholder? It would be AP every time for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter