Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

I live in Maryland so the queue went live at 12 noon here, I entered the waiting room at 11:45am and at 12:00 when the site queue went live I opened another window and just kept going back and forth hitting "purchase tickets" in that window as I wanted to see which one moved quicker. After about 4 clicks back and forth it opened to tickets and I quickly purchased for 9/12/23. Purchase took less than 5 minutes. I received a Pending email and then around 1:15pm est, I received confirmation and my e-tickets. During the whole time my other window was still in the queue waiting until it paused. So it took a little over an hour to process and send my tickets for those that got a Pending email.

This is beyond unfair. People are writing here that they're getting in and I've been here since 8.30a. Clearly this isn't based on first come first served. I'm really disappointed in Disney today.

It's not first come first served. When the queue opens at 9am, anyone that was on prior to 9am or right at 9am is placed randomly into the queue. So getting there at 8:30am is no different than getting there at 8:59am.

What's happening right now, though, is an oddity. No one should be able to get through since ticket sales are supposed to be paused and yet here we are.

Based on what others are sharing it sounds like my mistake was joining the queue often and early and not refreshing or trying to open it again. Anyone that did that right after 9 am cst seems to have gotten through, among the others who somehow are able to randomly get through. No doubt Disney knows people are getting tickets because they know charges are going through and they are letting confirmation emails go out - they just don’t care.

This is beyond unfair. People are writing here that they're getting in and I've been here since 8.30a. Clearly this isn't based on first come first served. I'm really disappointed in Disney today.
The queue has never been first fine first serve unfortunately. I was in at the same time as you.

It knows my queue on that because that's what it takes me to 99% of the time.

Have you tried navigating to the "Special Events" page instead of using the link you're posting?

If I click your link on Chrome, I go straight to the queue page. If I go to the Disneyland page and navigate to "special events" under tickets, I get to the "Select Tickets" button.
That takes me to the queue... I guess I could hammer on that time and time again... do you open it in a new browser or use the back button and then hit it again?

Based on what others are sharing it sounds like my mistake was joining the queue often and early and not refreshing or trying to open it again. Anyone that did that right after 9 am cst seems to have gotten through, among the others who somehow are able to randomly get through. No doubt Disney knows people are getting tickets because they know charges are going through and they are letting confirmation emails go out - they just don’t care.

Nah. I think some of us are just unlucky. I have literally done EVERYTHING. I was in the queue before 9. I re-queued on other devices. I've signed in and out and deleted everything, created a new account, used different browsers and tabs and VPNs, and not a SINGLE THING has worked for me. It doesn't matter what I do. I always get the paused queue.

Was supposed to be my first ever OBB, and I don't think it's going to happen.

That takes me to the queue... I guess I could hammer on that time and time again... do you open it in a new browser or use the back button and then hit it again?
This might sound silly, when I am on the event page that has the “select tickets” button (in a browser), when I click it, it opens a new window with the queue (forever and always).

Heard a few people mention the back button - am I the only one who doesn’t have a back button experience? Lol

Total luck of the draw, tried all the tactics here…phones, iPad, laptops, safari, edge, chrome, app etc etc etc all lead back to the broken queue…ehhh I’m about over it at this point. This is why I plan everything else around getting these tickets first because I’m not a fan of having to change things or rearrange things because I couldn’t get these tickets. Meh.

Glad I saw this post, was in stuck queues that I joined before 9 and was pulling my hair out, after seeing what is happening, I started just randomly clicking anything I could, closing stuff, eventually got the to the event page and select tickets and got through. What a stupid system.

Good luck, I hope everyone gets a glitch and gets in. Disney IT is laughable.

PT*. 9am CST would have been 7am PT. So glad it wasn't 7am PT.

I am wondering if anyone has had a paused queue page go to the purchase tickets page?
I haven't yet.

I have had the queue open since this morning and it’s still paused, I came here to see what’s happening and saw the advice to leave the queue open and click select tickets again. That worked for me and I have the confirmation email already. This is the link where I found select tickets - https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ev...-adventure/oogie-boogie-bash-halloween-party/
OMG this finally worked for me. I've had multiple browsers on multiple devices open all morning. I'd tried all the tricks people mentioned and always the black screen. I was about to give up and tried this one more time--it took me right in. I couldn't believe it. I still had my original queue up on the same device. Crazy. This is the most ridiculous experience I've ever been through with Disney, and I've been through a bunch. It's shameful really that they get away with treating their most loyal customers like this. I keep telling myself never again, but my special needs son is DYING to go to Oogie Boogie and I didn't want to disappoint him. The randomness is wrong--especially when they know there are IT problems. My advice is keep trying. I must have tried over 100 times on many devices and finally got in. Crossing fingers for you guys.

So just got off the phone with them and this is what they said summed up:

If you have an order pending email the confirmation should likely come soon. The queue won’t open back up until all the orders are processed. And that if it does open back up and you havnt received the confirmation email then call them.

Hopefully his helps

Sorry, I’ve been in a show and just joined the queue beforehand and have been checking it on and off. Did the WDW based stuff also hit a snafu? I’ve got another show in 3 1/2 hours and I’m hoping they can get this working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter