• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Open Port Orleans Already!-Opening OCT 14th & 28th!!!!

Of course they will maintain it. If they haven't announced a restart date now I would say October is a no.

They just announced this week that BWI will reopen in early July. So I don’t think you can necessarily rule out October yet. Especially if demand continues to pick up. The bigger obstacle will probably be park capacity. Most people booking resort stays at WDW are going to want to go to a park. And as it stands now, parks are already fully booked weeks in advance. If you increase resort capacity, park capacity will need to keep up.

My home resort. If it opened tomorrow I would be there working from old man Island. Sadly my prediction is we won't see Riverside for a while if ever. FQ maybe due to its size might have a chance. Just be prepared for bad news on PO. Gonna be years before intl travel will resume to fill rooms.
I think lack of international travel is a huge factor.

Stayed at FQ my last trip in Feb 2020. We really enjoyed it and I was hoping to book a Riverside royal room for my sons first trip next Jan. We are going for his 7th bday. I seem to have luxury tastes with a value budget lol and I feel like French quarter hits the spot perfectly.

I'm with you! I think of POFQ as my home resort. I want it open again!
dsc_0050_pofqview-jpg.570378

Attachments

• DSC_0050_POFQview.JPG
    DSC_0050_POFQview.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 836
We SO wanted FQ for our December 2021 trip, we're booked at OKW, but I could change my mind VERY quickly if FQ reopens.

We always start our vacation with a 1-2 night stay at POR before moving to our DVC villa. We love taking the boat to Disney Springs for our first vacation dinner. That cruise never fails to lull me into a nice, relaxing nap!
I love this idea. We bought a small DVC contract last year - not enough for all our trips. We thought about alternating POFQ and DVC on longer trips but this is a great idea!

We love FQ, stayed there in February 2020 and of course it was magical. I Said we wouldn’t go back to WDW until entertainment and parades were brought back, but here we go again, going next month and got a great deal at the Swan (even with the daily resort fee). I’ll miss FQ but staying on the Boardwalk will be a treat!

We stay at POFQ and then switch to a Deluxe Resort for the last few days of most of our trips to WDW. We are missing the comfort of our favorite resort and when we drive by the gate I "may" have my face smashed against the window with my hand raised in a sad, desperate wave. Sigh. 😢 Heehee!

Yes! Need FQ opened for an upcoming November Coronado stay that we would switch to FQ in a heartbeat. Fav moderate resort. Fingers crossed and pixie dust!!!!

Come on Disney. You can close Coronado and Caribbean Beach I don’t care, just please open one of your most stunning resorts. At least open the walkways and shop. I just want to walk amongst the beauty. It’s been a staple of all my trips to visit there and walk the grounds. I’m begging you! Anyone else with me?
View attachment 569787
Totally agree on closing CBR, it's the La Quinta on Disney property. BARF!! I don't mind CSR but CBR should be closed down LOL! I like POR, it's def one of the best mods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter