Opening a new Halifax share dealing account

Well done! I've not had a phone call yet :confused3. I set up the account on Sunday evening though, so maybe delays it a bit. Hopefully i'll get my password tomorrow so I can buy by Friday.

Hello all! I too am in the process of setting up a halifax share dealing account.
I applied online Sunday night, had 2 emails yesterday, 1 with my username, went to my local branch today to show some I.D. (it wasn't until I submitted, that I realised I had put the wrong day of birth, and therefore I couldn't be verified!) and am hoping for the arrival of my password tomorrow. I have kept an eye on share prices for the past couple of days, and they have gone up slightly. However, I'm not too worried if I can at least get to buy them this week and pay no buying fee. Hurry up halifax :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm confused about a phonecall though...do they telephone everyone?

Congrats Zinderella :banana:
Got my phonecall this morning, still waiting on the password, hopefully it'll come tomorrow, told the lady what shares I was after and why and she said the contract note that you can get online is fine for the shareholders club application, she said they get the same question from all people buying Eurodisney shares and wondered what was the deal. Think I convinced her to get some too :rotfl:

Yay....you r nearly there! I bet we r all pushing the share price up with loads of us buying our 20 shares ea ch...lol!:rotfl:

Hello all! I too am in the process of setting up a halifax share dealing account.
I applied online Sunday night, had 2 emails yesterday, 1 with my username, went to my local branch today to show some I.D. (it wasn't until I submitted, that I realised I had put the wrong day of birth, and therefore I couldn't be verified!) and am hoping for the arrival of my password tomorrow. I have kept an eye on share prices for the past couple of days, and they have gone up slightly. However, I'm not too worried if I can at least get to buy them this week and pay no buying fee. Hurry up halifax :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm confused about a phonecall though...do they telephone everyone?
Hazel -think you'll be fine as it's pretty quick and easy once the account is fully functioning and it sounds like your almost there , not sure if they phone everyone tbh. Prob just a security measure?

Hazel -think you'll be fine as it's pretty quick and easy once the account is fully functioning and it sounds like your almost there

It all seems to be pretty quick once you get going. I started with reading old posts on selftrade as I hadn't got to the latest ones re. Halifax. I looked at selftrades website and that was confusion city! Halifax sounds reasonably easy. I was fully prepared to pay the £17.50 buying fee as there is no holding fee, but once I read more posts, I saw the great deal on this week...bonus! This forum can be so helpful...I'm all for saving money. I have read threads on Martin Lewis' site but this site, because it is Disneyland specific, is soooo much better :goodvibes

Got my letter today (no phonecall) and my funds are available now to use, they weren't earlier today.

I will buy my shares tomorrow - a bit annoyed that they have gone up by so much in a few days, but will still be worth for us I hope.

Getting quite annoyed now, trying to sort this in my lunchtime, logged in, sorted all the security details, but no funds showing in account :headache:

I'm disappointed as I wanted to take advantage of the commission free period.
However, the money for the shres is my birthday gift from my parents so I couldn't harrass them to give me it!
I phoned Halifax and set up account on Friday, the letter arrived yesterday (Wednesday) and I posted it today (Thursday). So there's no way I'll be buying shares tomorrow!
Never mind, it's a bit annoying having to spend the extra £17.50 but it's worth it.....hopefully I'll be joining you all as a shareholder next week.

Thanks this link has given me the push to sign up to Halifax, I wont get out of paying the international handling fee but i'm looking forward to owning a tiny part of Disney - along with the poerks attached :)

Hi zenith,
Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome you to the DLP DIS board :goodvibes

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

If your trip to DLP is a while away yet, Halifax have done this "waive their fee" deal on buying shares before, and so may do it again. Looking at the share history on EuroDisney SCA shares, its been as low as 3.42euros per share (and as high as 6.79 :scared1:) in the last 12 months. So I guess its a gamble when the best time is to buy them to get the best deal.

Thanks this link has given me the push to sign up to Halifax, I wont get out of paying the international handling fee but i'm looking forward to owning a tiny part of Disney - along with the poerks attached :)

I've just been on the phone to Halifax. They had some sort of restriction on the account, something along the lines of wasn't sure if i'd taken my I.D. in for verification or not. (I did this Tuesday). The man was helpful and said that he could see I had been verified and the account is ready to use once I receive the password. I asked if he thought it might be here tomorrow...he said there's a good chance...Hope so!! Paris market shuts at 4.30pm GMT , so have to try and buy before then. I will be very unhappy if Mr Postman doesn't bring me my password!!

I opened my halifax account on monday,got a phonecall on wednesday,recieved my password today and will be buying my shares tomorrow!! I just tried to do it but it says they have stopped trading for the day so i will have to do it in the morning,talk about the last minute!! So my question is what exactly do i have to print off as proof i have bought the shares and where will i find it?? Or will they send me proof that i have bought them so i dont need to print anything?? Im a bit confused,but to be honest its a miracle i have even managed to get this far in the process!! lol:confused:

Getting quite annoyed now, trying to sort this in my lunchtime, logged in, sorted all the security details, but no funds showing in account :headache:

Hi jill:wave2: ,My funds were'nt showing this morning but had appeard by 4pm.

I opened my halifax account on monday,got a phonecall on wednesday,recieved my password today and will be buying my shares tomorrow!! I just tried to do it but it says they have stopped trading for the day so i will have to do it in the morning,talk about the last minute!! So my question is what exactly do i have to print off as proof i have bought the shares and where will i find it?? Or will they send me proof that i have bought them so i dont need to print anything?? Im a bit confused,but to be honest its a miracle i have even managed to get this far in the process!! lol:confused:

I'm sure there are a couple of threads on buying shares and it is definitely on the first page of one of them. It might be this one...I'll try and find it.

'Borrowed' from the 'How does the shareholder thing work?' thread...

It should be under the contract notes part on the online banking but if not you should be able to find it under 'My statements', then the Dealing history and if you click on the Reference the contract note is there for you to print.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter