Opening a new Halifax share dealing account

Received confirmation email and shareholder number today! Can't believe how quick it's all been!
Yippee
Good luck to you guys still waiting to sort it out.

I've bought mine too!

Only trouble I'm having is faxing the Shareholder club. The number just rings out and then cuts off.

I've scanned the contract note and shareholder application and emailed them - but don't know if they'll accept it.

I've bought mine too!

Only trouble I'm having is faxing the Shareholder club. The number just rings out and then cuts off.

I've scanned the contract note and shareholder application and emailed them - but don't know if they'll accept it.

:sick: to you too :lmao: not really! At least you're in posession of them, which seems to be the longest part of 'the journey'. Ok, you might not get The Card for some weeks, but at least you will be a member :thumbsup2 Yay!!

Well, having only heard about the whole Share & Halifax thing on here on Monday, i signed up online, got the Password in the mail yesterday, activated the account last night, Funds are in there ready when I re-check this morning.

As soon as the markets open, i can buy the shares, and all done within the no-fee promotion! Phew... :)

All bought and a bargain at £69.17 :goodvibes
will more than make that up in savings at restaurants on our October trip. :banana:

Thanks for the help and advice :goodvibes

Well, because of that slightly confusing 5-20 shares or 20 upwards thing (it's discussed well on here, and I KNOW that 20 shares is perfectly fine), I decided to hedge my bets against any change in that and buy 21 shares.:rolleyes1

20 would have been £68.98 (as being me, I noticed the price tended to drop slightly at lunch time, so waited until then to buy!), but in the end paid £72.44 for my 21 shares. :goodvibes

I am much chuffed. The danger now, I've wanted to get into buying shares in things for years, and nothings ever got me started on getting an account etc... slippery slope lies ahead!

Finally got my temp password. Activated the online account, then it said that the account needed to be activated. Just rang Halifax up, they said I had to wait for a letter for me to sign and send back...Then she said oh no you don't, you just need to wait for Halifax to activate it (which they will do automatically). Hopefully they'll do that today, I told her to tell 'them' to hurry up!!

Well, because of that slightly confusing 5-20 shares or 20 upwards thing (it's discussed well on here, and I KNOW that 20 shares is perfectly fine), I decided to hedge my bets against any change in that and buy 21 shares.:rolleyes1

20 would have been £68.98 (as being me, I noticed the price tended to drop slightly at lunch time, so waited until then to buy!), but in the end paid £72.44 for my 21 shares. :goodvibes

I am much chuffed. The danger now, I've wanted to get into buying shares in things for years, and nothings ever got me started on getting an account etc... slippery slope lies ahead!

Transfer remaining funds out of the account, straight away!! Avoid temptation :rotfl:

It turns out halifax have a Fantasy Trader game you can join in for free! Trade with £10k Fake Money. :)

This could either stop a potentially bad habit, or encourage one...

Is anyone else having trouble faxing the shareholders club? I've checked the number a million times and tried about 10 times to fax, but it never answers. The fax machine then pauses the transmission.

I did scan and email them yesterday, but heard nothing. I suppose i'll need to rely on snail mail.....

My DD used snail mail for her application and she still got her card within a couple of weeks. :thumbsup2

In case i am being really thick here and I have faxed this before but can someone confirm the number for me ?

+ 33 (0) 1 64 74 56 36

so I dial

33 1 64 74 56 36

Fax won't let me get past 33 keeps telling me the number I've dialled has not been recognised :confused3

Jill, you need to dial 00 33 1 and the rest of the number.

However, I have tried today and yesterday and cannot get it to connect.

Just popping back to say I'd sussed it I wasn't adding the initial 00 :headache:

When I did that it went through no problem, perhaps worth trying again now, although I suspect they will have finished for the weekend by now.
Congrats hazelj27 on the last minute deal :goodvibes

Well done getting your last minute deal - and well done Jill figuring out the number.

I think I know what was wrong - I was trying from work and our lines are barred for international numbers......serves me right I suppose.

Anyway, just got home and checked my home email, and there is confirmation from the Shareholders Club - they must have accepted my scanned email copies :cool1:

I'll need to update my signature now :rotfl::rotfl:

My oh faxed through the contract note and shareholders form yesterday morning at 10am and i have still not recieved a comfirmation email.How long should i wait before i contact them to check it all arrived ok?? Oh said that it went through fine and i gave him the right number so i was expecting an email to confirm it all??

My oh faxed through the contract note and shareholders form yesterday morning at 10am and i have still not recieved a comfirmation email.How long should i wait before i contact them to check it all arrived ok?? Oh said that it went through fine and i gave him the right number so i was expecting an email to confirm it all??

I haven't got a fax (although I could probably use one somewhere), so I saved my contract note from Halifax as a word document and attached it to an email to the SH club. I did that yesterday morning, but I too have heard nothing yet. I asked if the attachment wasn't acceptable for them to tell me and I would try and fax it somehow. I expect they have had a rather large influx again with people signing up, due to Halifax waivering the buying fee. I will give them until Friday, I think...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter