Organizing 101/Jan- Family Room

Sunday Goals:
Basketball games our league is hosting these games.. from noon - 5:30pm..
5:30pm DS10 has a scrimmage game (yes, he even had a real game at 3:45)
6:30pm DS10 another scrimmage if he is needed...

Well, we had the party after all. The other mom's weren't as concerned about getting sick as I thought. Since on of the boys is in my DS class, he has already been exposed to the germs and the other family has it going around in their extended family so they were pretty sure if they were going to get, they would already have it.

It turned out to be lots of fun. The children had a blast. The cartoon was pretty funny. The best part was when a bunch of the animal kids fell of a cliff and the one giraffe girl says "Well, all my friends jumped off a cliff, I better do it too" and promptly jumped off the cliff. That was hilarious! :lmao:
The warthog lady does the word c-r-a-p. But that is the only bad word said in the cartoon.

So if you watch the show on cartoon network at 7pm and see some still photos from Ohio, it might be us.

Anyway, I got everything cleaned up from the party, laundry is in and some ready to be put away. Have to make a trip to buy parts so my DS8 can make a simple machine for class. Who thinks up these things? :confused3 My DH is out in the garage right now trying to figure out what parts he needs to make this fish feeder that uses a pulley, an inclinded plane, screw, a wheel & axle, and a lever. Than after they make this thing, DS has to write a report on it. The report part I understand. But really, to have to shell out $$$ so my DS doesn't get a failing grade seems a little out there. Enough of my whining.

Hope everyone has a happy Sunday!!:flower3:

You should be able to use things around the house for most of the simple machines, unless the teacher is making them use new things. Pulleys are the main machine you don't find all over the house.

I am glad you got to have the party. It sounds like fun.

Rebecca

Well, we had the party after all. The other mom's weren't as concerned about getting sick as I thought. Since on of the boys is in my DS class, he has already been exposed to the germs and the other family has it going around in their extended family so they were pretty sure if they were going to get, they would already have it.

It turned out to be lots of fun. The children had a blast. The cartoon was pretty funny. The best part was when a bunch of the animal kids fell of a cliff and the one giraffe girl says "Well, all my friends jumped off a cliff, I better do it too" and promptly jumped off the cliff. That was hilarious! :lmao:
The warthog lady does the word c-r-a-p. But that is the only bad word said in the cartoon.

So if you watch the show on cartoon network at 7pm and see some still photos from Ohio, it might be us.

Anyway, I got everything cleaned up from the party, laundry is in and some ready to be put away. Have to make a trip to buy parts so my DS8 can make a simple machine for class. Who thinks up these things? :confused3 My DH is out in the garage right now trying to figure out what parts he needs to make this fish feeder that uses a pulley, an inclinded plane, screw, a wheel & axle, and a lever. Than after they make this thing, DS has to write a report on it. The report part I understand. But really, to have to shell out $$$ so my DS doesn't get a failing grade seems a little out there. Enough of my whining.

Hope everyone has a happy Sunday!!:flower3:

Tonight at 7? EST?

Yup, eastern standard time.

Oh, and no animals were harmed in the making of the cartoon.

Sunday's goals:
1. Put together Norway swap.done except the last few embelishments
2. Use pictures to complete swap pages since they arrived today.did 5
3. Clean kitchendid most of this- I'll go back over the counters tomorrow

Rebecca

I haven't decided what I am doing tomorrow. I might scrap and swap of I might decide to veg out for the day.

Sunday Goals:
Basketball games our league is hosting these games.. from noon - 5:30pm.. done
5:30pm DS10 has a scrimmage game (yes, he even had a real game at 3:45) done
6:30pm DS10 another scrimmage if he is needed.. done...and can I just say it's one heck of a long day.. now I'm going to bed.. see you all in the morning.. .

BUFFY, when can we meet for coffee.. we were still in the middle of a discussion yesterday when our DH's decided it was time to run errands!!!!!

List for Sunday:
Finish laundry yup
Try (again) to print recipes for swap started, but not finished
Work 3p-11p yeah

List for Monday:

Friend coming over, so not doing much
Make sample for class for Feb
Keep organizing my scrappy craft room

Goals for Monday:

1. work on protype for Everest paper piecing
2. Cut Tea Party swap
3. Finish last pieces of Norway
4. Cut Test Track Swap
5. clean kitchen counters
6. Begin getting list of people to send out prizes for organizing this month together.

Monday goals:

Dishes
Start Laundry/finish on Tuesday
Start Turtle Talk w/ Crush swap (I have the letters cut out already)
5:45pm take DD to practice and parent meeting
need to map out the rest of the week.. it's gonna be crazy!

I thought I was the only one that used our stairs for exercise!! I climb up and down them w/ laundry continuously! EERRR!

I hear ya!! I have one flight to the basement for the laundry room... than 4 steps from the dining/kitchen area up to the main living area! Yep they created a sunken dining/kitchen area! LOL

When we had a 2 story house I did that but now we are in a one story so I have no stairs in the house.

Here is my running list of those who are trying to get their family room organized this month. PM me if I missed your name on the list.

:cool1: all done just keeping it up

Buffy
Debbie
Nancy:cool1:
lewdyan1
Alexwyattmommy:cool1:
Honeybear1
Brooke (SIOH)
Yodasmom:cool1:
NewEnglandEyore:cool1:
Momof2DisneyKids
Poohbearlovingmama
maria34A
downrivermama
ksjayhawks:cool1:
Rebecca
Queenie
Ohmom

I will try to update this list as you write you are finished, but I will go through again at the end of the month. I will PM for addresses that I don't have as the month draws to a close.

If you want a say in what title we get then go over to the poll thread and vote for what you want.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter