Orlando Rental Cars

Merilyn

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know of a good deal on rental cars in Orlando? I have searched the internet and I haven't found any deals. A compact for 8 days is around 300 dollars. I know I did better than that last time. Thanks for your help.

At the airport (MCO,in-termial) you can rent from Avis, Budget, Dollar, National and L&M. Rates seem to be changing all the time. If you are interested in renting from Dollar, try codes FVG or MCC. Also for renting from Dollar at Orlando Airport, try here: http://www.floridaticketsinc.com/dollar/index.htm We have been using Dollar Rent a Car at the airport for at least 10 years with quick and great service. They upgraded us twice at no extra cost. If you do a search here at DIS, you will find many postings on this same subject. But check the specials daily at the web sites of these rental places. Using codes and or coupons can help you save a lot. If your a Disney Club member or purchase the Entertainment Book, coupons for car rentals are available though them.

RobinLyn :)

We have used Avis and National for all our (MCO)Orlando trips ( Both in Airport and a BREEZE getting paperwork and car ) Check ALL the clubs and membership cards you have for any rental coupons or codes for car rentals. Also, put in every combination you can with them (Computers on the web site are not human and do make "collective" mistakes at times ( WINK WINK ) Remember, have the coupon or card(s) with you when you arrive, some people will look the other way and some wont. Last, If you do use the internet - remember you can always cancel your reservation and grab a better deal right up to the last minute ( with no penalty), so never stop checking for deals in the papers or at their web site.

Cant speak for the other on-site rental companies.

Good Luck!

8')

Since you're posting on the DVC board, I'll assume you're staying on property. That being said, whenever we fly in, we have a 2-day rental waiting at the airport with National... that we then drop off at the Magic Kingdom National Car rental office after our grocery run (where they then take us back to the Boardwalk). At the end of our stay, the second reservation (a 1 day rental to be dropped off at the airport) gets picked up. Nothing magic (no pun intended) about it, and staying at Boardwalk, we ususally walk or ride the fery anyplace we're going anyhow.. Cost? Last time about 35$/day.:cool:

I never asked them if there was a charge to be dropped off ( at whatever resort )after turning in the rental and how you get back to pick up car when you are ready to go back to airport - dwbakerjr, any answers?

I have family and friends on West and East coast, so we usually drive alot, but I just may skip that "run around" this year - kinda ruins the "relaxing" part of the vacation you went on - hehe

8')

There have never been any charges for pickup or drop-off from the Magic Kingdom National rental office. They just come get you and/or drop you off with that little green mini-bus or theirs (including luggage if you like)...
:)

We have rented from National going through MS, and have gotten some really great prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter