Orlando Sentinel: Disney whittles capacity at resort

“…IMHO, you MAY be holding Disney to a higher standard than Marriott.”

Ah – isn’t that what the extra hundred bucks a night is for?

Planogirl, I understand and support your right to drive at WDW. My beef with Jeff & Landbaron's point is that in their eyes, anyone who doesn't is a "sucker". Another they're right we're wrong scenerio...
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

I think the buses are a great resort benefit for Disney, as you're less likely to rent a car and drive anywhere for anything. That means every penny you spend goes to Disney.

I have clearly shown that it fits the bill for me our family...Why can't it be both ways?
...ride the bus all you want, it's no skin off my teeth. I recall neither requesting nor demanding that you stage your vacation the way I stage mine.
My beef with Jeff & Landbaron's point is that in their eyes, anyone who doesn't is a "sucker". Another they're right we're wrong scenerio...
Give me a break. Everything said on these boards beside one of our names, _any_ of our names, is clearly the opinion of that person. Christ, I said up front that I wasn't aiming the word at anyone (and for the vast majority of my past trips, we didn't have a car. If I called you you personally a sucker, I called me personally a sucker, so we're even: let it go), and I even PMed you about precisely what I meant, just so there wouldn't be any of this kind of crap.

If you want to talk more about the advantages and disadvantages of the Disney bus system, I'm probably willing to do that. The "another they're right we're wrong" part is both dismissive and confrontational, and if that's the kind of mind set you're going into this with, I'm done with this thread.

Jeff

Geez, the spurs this thread has taken!

1) Discounts. I believe someone referenced that the discounts offered by WDW on resorts are no more than 10%. Actually, with an AP or being a resident of a certain state, you get discounts of anywhere from 30% to nearly 50% on WDW resorts. Discounts are all over the place at WDW, especially this year.

2) On-site v. off-site. We are in the "only on-site" bunch. But that's only true because of the existense of the All-Stars and the $49 rate. We love to stay there, but if our only option was $150 a night, I'd be off-site in a heartbeat of a blink of an eye. Especially with the loss of EE.

3) Buses (or is it Busses?). On mornings where the Magic Kingdom is the call, I am a sucker. Otherwise I'm a driver. In general I hate the WDW buses, "anti-Magical" sums it up.

I don't think the busses are for suckers. Of course I like the Captain try to avoid making my life difficult in terms of reservations and such. I've had a car with me most of the times I've gone. Sometimes it is a blessing, but more often then not it doesn't help all that much. Also, Like the captain, I enjoy a bit O' Grog at times and I would be in trouble if I had to drive around everywhere.

I've had the occasional bad expireance with the busses, but on the whole, they aren't for suckers.

Jeff,
My post was already on the boards prior to our e-mail conversation...Further, my humorous look at life is alive and well in this thread, I'm sorry you don't see it (think: neener, neener, neener) and I'm sorry for antagonizing you.
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

I apologize if I over-reacted; my history on these boards may have over-sensitized me to certain things.

If you'd said something like "the statement 'busses are for suckers' is the dumbest thing I've ever heard anyone say," I'd have chalked it up to disagreement on an opinion (or perhaps given some examples describing why I arrived at that conclusion). Some "regulars" may have been slightly surprised that I haven't responded to raidermatt or mikek about a couple things this thread, but when I read their posts it seemed I was reading their opinion on the specific issue. I disagree with some of what they said, but my thoughts on the matter are already in the thread, so why reiterate?

Your sentence "Another they're right we're wrong scenerio," had nothing directly to do with the opinions expressed. Several folks disagreed with my statements without attributing me personally with bullheadedness or closemindedness. That's the bit that prompted my response.

Again, sorry for reading too much into your joke. The above is intended to be an explanation, not an excuse.

Jeff

PS: And my attention span is about this long: | |; I'm still good for buying you that drink (or just giving you the $ to buy it yourself, should you be wary of any additive-oriented shenanigans on my part).

I think that you should all have a drink together at WDW as soon as you all can. But be sure to use the buses (busses?) and don't drink and drive! (Did I just tell someone to use a Disney bus? :eek: )

;)

That's why I like the Boardwalk area hotels. Plenty of waterin' holes within safe stumbling distance of the room...

Jeff

Lone Star? Blech! However, I can bring some Shiner. :)

We always went to the little bar in the Poly to have a few and then we found our way to our room. Those were the days....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter