Our BWV Trip (June 25th - July 3rd)

FOTM_Ring_Bearer

Fellowship of the Mouse Member
June 25th to July 3rd :flower:

I started to write a long trip report, but I'm not a really good writer. So here are the highlights. :sunny:

POFQ
I planned this for our 1st night at Disney (June 25th). We were supposed to stop in Savannah on the 24th but there were no rooms available. Some big concert, so we kept going and arrived here at 9am instead of early afternoon. This was our first stay at POFQ. It's a very pretty resort, I would stay here again. Although, we have created Disney resort snobs. My youngest dd10, reported the pool slide was lame. :rotfl:

We did have a really good breakfast at Boatwrights (POR). The stuffed french toast is yummy.

BWV

On Sunday, we moved over to the BWV. I love this resort. Our room was not ready until around 2pm. We spent a nice day at Epcot and the headed to our room. We had 3129 and 3131. We did find a couple of problems. The toliet paper holder in the master bath was really loose. It fell off the next morning. The studio had been smoked in and HK tried to cover it up. Fortunately, nobody in our family is allergic, so we cranked up the fan and opened the balconey door. Most of the smell was gone by the next day. The drapes in the studio portion of our 2BD were ripped. I am not talking a small tear. This was a huge rip. It was like someone tried to cut a 5 foot panel out of the drape. I called maintainance. The toliet paper holder was fixed while we were out the next day. They came back later that right and replaced the drapes with new ones. Other than that, everything was great.

We were supposed to leave on Satuday, July 2nd. But on Thursday, June 30th, we decided we really needed one more day. So I called MS to check on availability. We were in a standard 2bd. They didn't have any standard available, but I could move to a preferred. We took it. We had to borrow points from next year, but we really wanted that extra day. And it was worth it. On Friday, July 1st, we stayed at the MK until 2am for EMH. So it was really nice not having to start heading home on Saturday.

Our standard 2bd was almost at the end of that very long hallway. Imagine DD16 humming the Haunted Mansion song. But the prefered room was on the 1st floor with a view of the pool. :cool1: Room 1032, it was in great shape.

Random thoughts:
We had a great trip. Spent most afternoons at the pool/pool bar. Except when it rained. I think we lost 2 pool afternoons, due to rain. We did Soarin at Epcot, very cool!! :cool1:

The night we spend at the MK for EMH, the entire park was open, not just selected rides. I'm thinking because it was the start of the holiday weekend. Anyway, it worked out great.

I've decided I really like to just go get my coffee in the morning. I made coffee a couple mornings ( brought my own coffee) and it was not good. So we took our refillable mugs to the bakery and got our coffee (and other yummy things).

We purchased the DDE card and that worked out really well. We usually do 1 table serve resturant a day. We had some really good meals: Kona Cafe, Brown Derby, GF Cafe, Captn Jack's . We ate at the Teppanyaki, but it's not included with the DDE. It was great as usual.

Next year it's off to Disneyland and Las Vegas. Boy, do I have to do a lot of research.

Any questions?

FOTM_Ring_Bearer said:
I've decided I really like to just go get my coffee in the morning. I made coffee a couple mornings ( brought my own coffee) and it was not good. So we took our refillable mugs to the bakery and got our coffee (and other yummy things).
I've never stayed at BWI or BWV so I'm not familiar with where you can use the refillable mugs there. Are you saying you can refill them at the Boardwalk Bakery? That sounds like a wonderful reason to get a mug! (i.e., to have an excuse to visit the bakery regularly!)

Please confirm, Thanks!

Hi LisaS,

You can buy the refillable mugs at the bakery. You can also refill them at the bakery, Seashore Sweets(ice cream shop), Leaping Horse Libations(pool bar) and the Belle Vue lounge. The Belle Vue Lounge has breakfast items in the morning, so you can get your coffee there, too. If you like to spend the afternoons at the pool, we found it was very convienent to be able to refill the mugs there.

It sounds like it's definitely worth getting a mug there with so many places to refill it. I'm glad you had a great time at BWV. I hope to stay there some time soon myself. Thanks for the info!

Thanks for sharing your impressions of your stay at BWV. I know what you mean about the rain washing out some of the park/pool time, but by July 3 it was nice and toasty, wasn't it? :sunny:

Glad you had a great trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter