our first DREAM cruise....does this mean we're pirates?

hopefully we'll also get signed up to do a champagne tasting at PINK (also, no early registration).

I mean, who WOULDN'T want to sit, basically, INSIDE a champagne bottle? SSOOOO pretty!

some questions.....
*in my research for the champagne tasting, I read somewhere that, if it's offered, there are very limited spaces available (like only 10?). does anyone know if that's right? if so, do they offer it more then once? also, can I ask to sign up at guest services when we board (like right after we board? my plan is to go straight to guest services to drop off items to be signed, get princess tickets, etc. can I sign up right then or do I need to wait until it's in the navigator)? just really hoping we get to do it....

First, hi from StL.

If you can, DO the champagne tasting. It was so fun! I have a description in my TR. Pink really is beautiful and some of the bubbles on the wall have surprises. ;) Our class had about 15 people and there were 2 sessions offered: Embarkation day and Nassau day.

Also, I hope you saw that you can no longer drop off things to be signed. However, if you put something hard to write on in your cases, I think characters will still do it during meet and greets.

You're so close! I know you'll have an amazing time.

Aww, looks like great fun!

And every time I hear that song "come Sail Away" I picture South Park's Cartman singing it....... always makes me giggle!

I don't think I've seen Cartman sing come sail away....i'm gonna have to check that out!

glad to hear your more recent movie night was more of a success - and great that it fit into your Halloween costumes too!

Oh, and as for having gifs to use in update ... just use google images and search for what you want + gif and you can usually find it

kermit.gif

I have to agree with this.

here is another one....
giphy.gif

ADORABLE!!!

HOLY CROW your almost there!!!! YAHOO

I am LOVING all the excited Kermits!!

So closeeeeeeeeee!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Loved the movie night, particularly the decorations!

slowly but surely, we're getting there......

Hooray for another movie night, love it! The door decorations are awesome and woo hoo for the kids for watching the movie!

Love your DD's Inside Out tank, SO cute!

Yay, your countdown is getting so close!

thanks- i fell in love with that inside out fabric and HAD to make something out of it!

Yea!! You're probably at 60 days as I'm reading this a couple of days after you posted your countdown!! Your movie night looks so cute!

thanks, it's almost time for our last movie night--we must be getting close!

Or, if you're me, appropriate for life in general. :blush:

That's it. I am 100% done with you, Lori. >:( You know I only show up for the FOOD!

I typically use giphy.com and reactiongifs.com ... Just search for whatever you're looking for ("excited" or "kermit" or "muppets" or whatever), and see what they offer up. Usually works great! :thumbsup2 And when all else fails... I hit Google up hard, and jack gifs from random websites. (Dang, it feels good to be a gangsta. :smokin:)

nooooo!!! don't be done with me! i promise the next movie night will have food pictures and they will be fun!

thanks for the help finding fun gifs!

You're almost there!!

And movie night looks like a blast; fun group, crazy face and all!

we are getting close, but man this last month seems like it's taking forever!

Somehow I missed this update! Fun movie night! I love both Monsters movies, and it looks like the kiddos at your house do as well!
Speaking of your kiddos, when did Hannah start looking so grown up! All the kids are super cute, but I could no believe how much older Hannah looks since our last Dismeet.
The days before your cruise are really sailing by quickly (I am so hilarious:rotfl:)! I am getting excited for you!

that's ok, somehow i keep missing updates on yours too!

you take it back, Jackie! Hannah is not growing up. i have expressly forbid it and i know she always does what she's told......not buying it? me either....

thanks for throwing in the cruise humor! you know i love bad sailing humor!

First, hi from StL.

If you can, DO the champagne tasting. It was so fun! I have a description in my TR. Pink really is beautiful and some of the bubbles on the wall have surprises. ;) Our class had about 15 people and there were 2 sessions offered: Embarkation day and Nassau day.

Also, I hope you saw that you can no longer drop off things to be signed. However, if you put something hard to write on in your cases, I think characters will still do it during meet and greets.

You're so close! I know you'll have an amazing time.

hi and :welcome: i always love having someone new join and especially someone from St Louis!!

i REALLY want to do that champagne tasting! i'm going to try to sign up as soon as i set foot on the ship! can't wait to see the surprise bubbles!

i did see that about the items not being signed anymore. so bummed out :sad: we carried pillow cases around to be signed on our last WDW trip and i felt like it was sort of a pain. we may just skip it for the cruise, even though i do have pillowcases calling out for autographs....although I think I read somewhere that they are limiting it to autograph books only. I'd better do some research before the cruise!

Last edited:
back again with apologies for being gone so long. really i have no excuse except there just hasn't been a lot to write about. just counting down the days until we leave, and they can't go fast enough!! so what is the countdown? 37 DAYS!!! longest month of my life (i know a month does not have 37 days, but we'll just call it rounding. i never was great at math)

so i finished the last thing i needed to sew. skirts for the girls to wear on arrival day! i found this super cute fabric and knew we couldn't cruise without it!

the finished project. i'd have a picture of Hannah modeling it, but she fell asleep before i was done getting the elastic in the waist.

besides school starting Monday, we had a little bit of excitement yesterday. the girls got their ears pierced! why did they finally agree to it when every time I've asked before they've always said no? because Miss Terri (denovagirl) got them mickey earrings and they wanted to wear them so badly! before they could change their minds, i rushed them to the mall and bibbity bobbity boo.....pierced ears!

there were some tears (mostly from Hannah, surprisingly) but by the time we got home, they were just excited. Madison kept saying "i can't BELIEVE there are HOLES in my EARS!" and i heard Hannah sigh and proclaim "now my life is complete...." they crack me up!

So school starts Monday and Saturday is our last movie night so i'm sure there will be another update soon and then i'll probably have some packing questions.

Last edited:

the skirts look amazing! Love that pattern with the old school Mickey and Minnie

Congrats to the girls ... pretty good accomplishment for your life to be complete before you can even drive!

Love love love the cruise fabric, it is absolutely perfect! That skirt is so amazingly adorable!

CONGRATS to your girls!!! That is a BIG deal, their ears look so pretty!

Adorable skirt and way to go on the ear piercing! Amazing what will motivate a child. LOL My youngest was motivated by unicorn earings. :P Not much longer to go. The days will speed by!

Love the skirts! So cute and I agree of I were going on a cruise and saw that fabric, it would be mandatory! Perfect!

Love the pierced ears! How exciting! I love Hannah and Maddie's comments. Now my life is complete! So cute. They are so sweet. Can't wait to see the new Mickey earrings!

Love the skirts! And cuteness on the ears piercing. My middle just got hers pierced on Friday too-

Can't believe you are soooooooooo close! Woo hoo! How fun.

I am currently in the midst of desperately trying to convince my hubby to do the inaugural Star Wars race they just announced in April. :ewok:

It's not working so far. :rotfl2:

Lori! Forgive me for my absence. I don't find myself on the DCL boards very often so it can slip my mind. But you must be so close to your voyage now :goodvibes I'd love to do a Disney cruise one day, so I'm looking forward to reading your report! Please share the link with me when it gets started up, if you remember! :goodvibes

the skirts look amazing! Love that pattern with the old school Mickey and Minnie

Congrats to the girls ... pretty good accomplishment for your life to be complete before you can even drive!

I know, right? I wonder what she'll look forward to now? :rotfl:

Love love love the cruise fabric, it is absolutely perfect! That skirt is so amazingly adorable!

CONGRATS to your girls!!! That is a BIG deal, their ears look so pretty!

I can't wait to see the girls in the skirts ON THE SHIP! so excited!!!

Loving your pre trip report can't wait to hear how your cruise goes :)

thanks for joining in! we are getting closer and closer!

Adorable skirt and way to go on the ear piercing! Amazing what will motivate a child. LOL My youngest was motivated by unicorn earings. :P Not much longer to go. The days will speed by!

well, who wouldn't want unicorn earrings? totally understandable! luckily, with school starting, we've gotten kind of busy, so the days are going pretty quick!

Love the skirts! So cute and I agree of I were going on a cruise and saw that fabric, it would be mandatory! Perfect!

Love the pierced ears! How exciting! I love Hannah and Maddie's comments. Now my life is complete! So cute. They are so sweet. Can't wait to see the new Mickey earrings!

I just love that fabric! I miscalculated how much i'd need, so I have quite a bit left. I keep trying to decide what else I can make with it!

Love the skirts! And cuteness on the ears piercing. My middle just got hers pierced on Friday too-

Can't believe you are soooooooooo close! Woo hoo! How fun.

I am currently in the midst of desperately trying to convince my hubby to do the inaugural Star Wars race they just announced in April. :ewok:

It's not working so far. :rotfl2:

getting closer....

more pierced ears! does she love them?

keep trying...how fun would a star wars race be?!?

Lori! Forgive me for my absence. I don't find myself on the DCL boards very often so it can slip my mind. But you must be so close to your voyage now :goodvibes I'd love to do a Disney cruise one day, so I'm looking forward to reading your report! Please share the link with me when it gets started up, if you remember! :goodvibes

no worries--I know you've got quite a bit going on and your trips coming up too! i'll for sure send you a message when I start the TR!

hi everyone--i am back with some updates. it's about time, i know.....

so we have been totally busy these past few weeks, and i have a bunch of pictures to share, just cuz i think they're cute!

first of all, the girls started school a couple weeks ago. it's always a big deal to start school, but this year was even bigger for us. we started at a new school, so hannah, now in second grade, has been getting used to a new school, a new teacher, a new schedule and making new friends. Maddie is getting into the groove of being a big kindergartener. She really likes it and is doing super! some pics from the first day....

i bought them these shirts to wear every year. a "watch me grow" sort of project until they graduate. hopefully they'll agree to wear them when they hit middle and high school!

i made them fun sparkly shirts and button socks to match. hard to see the socks, but the iron ons (from etsy) turned out great!

the weekend after school started the girls were in a wedding. they were pretty excited! hannah was a jr bridesmaid and madison was the flower girl.

daddy and daughter dancing time....

we had a great day and night!

and last night we finally had our last movie night before the cruise! i don't actually know if this is a disney movie, but i LOVE it, it has a pirate, a princess, sword fights, a battle of wits......that's right....THE PRINCESS BRIDE!

well, before we start the movie....while daddy finished grilling, we opened a package we had recieved from miss Terri (denovagirl). she really spoiled us for this trip! i mean, would you just look at all this cuteness?

bows!

shoes!

shoes for me!

we were in love with it all, of course!!

we had done a little decorating also with some of the great quotes from the movie. And apparently were watching schoolhouse rock while I took these pictures....

directional sign...

bathroom door humor for movie night again! i crack myself up....

anyway, about the time we were done squealing over our handmade goodies, the food was ready so we made our plates. here are our menus for the night (i couldn't print them because the printer wasn't cooperating, so i just took a screen shot).

those carrots are swords and the olives are boulders. the punch may have contained iocaine powder, but since we're all still alive....probably not!

then....desserts!

too many desserts.....princess buttercup peanut butter oreos, anybody want a (circus) peanut, true love's hersey kisses, and lightening sand pudding. yep, we were all stuffed after dinner!

the girls really enjoyed the movie although i don't think they got it all. rich and i, having seen it oh....like a million times, loved it as usual! i also had just read the book "as you wish" by cary elwes, so i filled rich in on some of the funny and interesting things i learned about the movie.

great food, great movie, great movie night!

and....it really is getting closer!

i should probably find a hotel room for our arrival night! has anyone ever booked through hotwire or last minute travel? i had wanted to stay at the mco hyatt, but i sort of don't want to spend that much anymore. i've been watching things on those sites and it seems like they are a pretty good deal. just wondering if anyone has gotten something awful or not at all what they were expecting...

Oh I am so excited for you! Its coming up so fast. I love your watch me grow shirts and I am totally going to copy that idea. The girls look great in their wedding dresses. They always look so happy and that they are having so much fun.

I love this picture! What a beautiful family! :cutie:

and last night we finally had our last movie night before the cruise! i don't actually know if this is a disney movie, but i LOVE it, it has a pirate, a princess, sword fights, a battle of wits......that's right....THE PRINCESS BRIDE!
Totally not Disney, but it might as well be. It's amazing. :lovestruc

Sooooo... Bathroom Beans? :rotfl:

That fruit salad looks delicious! YUM! :bitelip:

I'm just so happy there's food in this thread again. :cloud9:

OMGGGGGG. YOUR TRIP IS SO FREAKIN' CLOSE!!!! :hyper:

I love how creative you are with your movie nights!
You are getting so close to your trip! I bet everyone is so excited :banana:

Oh I am so excited for you! Its coming up so fast. I love your watch me grow shirts and I am totally going to copy that idea. The girls look great in their wedding dresses. They always look so happy and that they are having so much fun.

it's so close now, I can barely stand it!
you should totally copy that shirt idea, cuz I copied it from someone else on facebook! I thought it was so cute!
the girls had so much fun at the wedding. it was a great night!

I love this picture! What a beautiful family! :cutie:

Totally not Disney, but it might as well be. It's amazing. :lovestruc

Sooooo... Bathroom Beans? :rotfl:

That fruit salad looks delicious! YUM! :bitelip:

I'm just so happy there's food in this thread again. :cloud9:

OMGGGGGG. YOUR TRIP IS SO FREAKIN' CLOSE!!!! :hyper:

thanks--I think they're pretty cute!
my thinking was....the beans would probably lead to someone needing the bathroom (DH? don't tell him I said that!) and then the bathroom would be like a pit of despair! lol!
hold on to your hat.....more food is coming!

I love how creative you are with your movie nights!
You are getting so close to your trip! I bet everyone is so excited :banana:

thanks! I do get a little carried away, but they are so much fun!
it IS getting close! i'm pretty sure time is slowing down.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter