• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

our first DREAM cruise....does this mean we're pirates?

Love, love, love all of your sewing projects! Those first day shirts are so cute! And YAY for double digits!!!!

thanks! so excited to be in double digits!!!

I need instructions!!!!

so easy! find some iron ons you love on etsy (TONS of them) and order them. some of the people will send you the iron on and some will email you the file to print yourself. you need a color ink jet printer to print them and transfer paper. make sure you get the right transfer paper, the one for light colored/white shirts or the one for dark colors. follow the directions with the paper and print them out. cut them out and get out the iron. I just iron mine on the kitchen counter because the ironing board pad is a little too soft. lay out the shirt and give it a quick iron, then, the hard part, peel the backing off the iron on. it is tricky to get it started, but once you do, you're in business. I just eyeball where I want it, lay it down, cover it with the tissue they give you and iron for the time they recommend. let cool. peel off the tissue and you're done! I usually use the dark transfer paper so the directions could be a little different for the light transfer paper, but either one is easy peasy lemon squeezy and so fun! I always think they look so awesome when you're done.

DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE TIME!

dgs.gif

I'm doing my iron-ons in a couple weeks and I'm STRESSED about it! :scared: And when I say "I'm" what I actually mean is my Mom. I really hope they turn out okay! I've got 6 iron-ons between three shirts to do. Nervous!

OH....MY....GOSH! the dancing grannies CRACKED me up!

don't stress out about the iron ons. see above easy directions! :magnify: they are super easy and fun! you'll be hooked when you see how easy it is.

While the Hyatt may cost a little more, we find the convenience is worth it. Plus we fly in from the West Coast, so it tends to be later in the day. The hotel is clean, good service and plenty of dining options. Disney has it well organized and makes it pretty much stress free getting to the port. We do the DCL transfers, but we are only a family of 3. Plus my daughter needs a wheelchair lift/ramp and going through Disney, we know it will be handled. Have a wonderful time on the ship (we never get off except for Castaway Cay and Alaska). Way more fun than going into the ports.

I think we're going to do the Hyatt. I just think the convenience will win out. our only other thought right now is to maybe do the lego hotel at LEGOLAND, but it is super expensive.

I don't think there is an actual "trick or treat" in the traditional sense on the ship. Your cabin steward will leave a bag or two of candy in your cabin, would be fun though if they did have a real trick or treat around the ship.
We didn't pay for a photo package either, just paid for our photos individually. I felt a little guilty only selecting about 6 or 7 photos out of the probably 45 or so we had in our folder at shutters ( where you go to view your pics) I was amazed at how many there were to look at and I didn't think we stopped for that many photo ops!
Oh... Try to catch one of the CM photographers on Castaway Cay who take pics of your family playing in the water, they generally turn out really great
Yea for being under 100 days!!!:cool1:

thanks for the tip on CC photographers!

Muppet Treasure Island Movie Night

IMG_1694.JPG
last night we had our first movie night with the X's!! Madison and I spent the night before decorating. We hung up the pirate flag....
IMG_1682.JPG

then put some pirate sayings around

IMG_1680.JPG

IMG_1693.JPG

this was the funniest one. it was on the bathroom door and every time someone had to use the bathroom, they'd yell out "i'm goin' to the poop deck!"

IMG_1702.JPG
the girls and the dog being pirates. yes, they were sitting on the couch together. no, they couldn't be in the same picture at the same time. I don't know why. 5 year old and 7 year old pirates are difficult....

IMG_1690.JPG
IMG_1691.JPG
we had a very piratey dinner. I may have had a little too much fun naming the food....

IMG_1696.JPG

IMG_1695.JPG

(apparently I ran out of picture space)

more food naming fun.....

IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_1701.JPG

we used my mickey ice cube tray too!

IMG_1698.JPG
for dessert, we had lime sherbet and gold from Davey Jones locker!

IMG_1703.JPG
so I don't know that any of the kids liked the movie. our girls have seen it before, years ago and didn't remember it, but when the X's got here the kids pretty much abandoned watching a movie and went outside to play after they ate. I was a little disappointed that no one watched the movie and that we didn't get our traditional Disney movie night, but we can always watch the movie later as a family, right? anyway, look for another movie night next month!

Forgot that I had a question--Mrs X asked if there was a princess dinner on the cruise. Princess dinner makes me think of something like cinderellas royal table or going to akershus. I know there is the princess themed restaurant Royal Palace, but do you get to meet characters while you're there? I didn't think that happened there.

No,
Forgot that I had a question--Mrs X asked if there was a princess dinner on the cruise. Princess dinner makes me think of something like cinderellas royal table or going to akershus. I know there is the princess themed restaurant Royal Palace, but do you get to meet characters while you're there? I didn't think that happened there.
unfortunately there is no character dining on the ship. They do have a princess meet and greet, but if I remember correctly it's something you have to get a "ticket" for., at least that's how it worked for us. Basically they give you a ticket with a return time. It's free, I believe you go to the guest services desk to get your return time. Check your daily navigator for days and times or check with guest services the first day

wow, that is really cute and creative - all the things you did for your pirate night. Sorry everyone wasn't into the movie though. Oh well. Hopefully it at least got them excited for a "theme night"

Cute movie night! It's too bad no one actually wanted to watch, but I suppose it's a good thing your kiddos would rather be playing outside. Your food names and decorations were very fun!

Great Movie Night!!! Loved all your Themed Stuff!!!

Well it's the MUPPETS!!! LOVE AND ADORE THE MUPPETS!!!!

Your theming for movie night was awesome!

We love the Muppets in our house too, but kids are funny. Guess that night play time was just more fun!

First and foremost....HOORAY FOR DOUBLE DIGITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second, I can see why the PTR has taken a back seat. You are amazing with all your sewing projects! They are all so stinkin awesome!

A movie night.....YAY!!!!!!! Love love love it!!!! Looks like you hosted a fantastic movie night! My kids totally do the same thing, dinner is their favorite part. Sometimes they get into the movie that night, but other times we watch it the next day. Can't wait to see your next one!

No,

unfortunately there is no character dining on the ship. They do have a princess meet and greet, but if I remember correctly it's something you have to get a "ticket" for., at least that's how it worked for us. Basically they give you a ticket with a return time. It's free, I believe you go to the guest services desk to get your return time. Check your daily navigator for days and times or check with guest services the first day

Thanks--that's what I thought but wanted to check in with the pros!

I've heard about the princess tickets. It's on my "hit up guest services asap!" list. :)

wow, that is really cute and creative - all the things you did for your pirate night. Sorry everyone wasn't into the movie though. Oh well. Hopefully it at least got them excited for a "theme night"

Thanks! I think they all liked the idea of movie night, but got too excited to play when everyone showed up. I have a different plan in mind for the next night that will hopefully work better.

Cute movie night! It's too bad no one actually wanted to watch, but I suppose it's a good thing your kiddos would rather be playing outside. Your food names and decorations were very fun!

Yeah, I guess being with friends and exercise are important.... :P I was just having a moody sort of day and got super bummed when things didn't go as is expected. But, I have a better plan for next time, so we'll see how it goes.

And I still had fun naming things and hearing everyone yell about the poop deck--I'm so immature!

Great Movie Night!!! Loved all your Themed Stuff!!!

Well it's the MUPPETS!!! LOVE AND ADORE THE MUPPETS!!!!

Me too!

Super cute movie night! Even if no one watched it! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I'm thinking maybe the kids and I will watch it this weekend. Gotta get my muppet movie fix in!

Your theming for movie night was awesome!

We love the Muppets in our house too, but kids are funny. Guess that night play time was just more fun!

Thanks--I had a lot of fun with it!

I shouldn't have been surprised that they wanted to go outside. They all love to play together when we get together--no time for sitting!

First and foremost....HOORAY FOR DOUBLE DIGITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second, I can see why the PTR has taken a back seat. You are amazing with all your sewing projects! They are all so stinkin awesome!

A movie night.....YAY!!!!!!! Love love love it!!!! Looks like you hosted a fantastic movie night! My kids totally do the same thing, dinner is their favorite part. Sometimes they get into the movie that night, but other times we watch it the next day. Can't wait to see your next one!

I am SO excited to be in double digits! It's getting closer!

Thanks! I'm going today to get fabric for the girls arrival day skirts. It's so amazingly perfect! I can't wait to show it!

I'm glad we're not the only ones whose kids ditch the movie sometimes. Even the husbands ended up hanging out in the kitchen and didn't watch. After about half an hour I just shut it off and Mrs X and I talked cruise. Even better! :thumbsup2

Caught up!

I loooooooved pirate movie night! Even if you didn't finish the movie! The food all looked fantastic!

I can't believe it's so close!! Squeeee!

Those Sea Dogs and Sea Water look freakin' delicious to me right now. Is it lunch time yet? STARVING! And THIRSTY! :P

Caught up!

I loooooooved pirate movie night! Even if you didn't finish the movie! The food all looked fantastic!

I can't believe it's so close!! Squeeee!

I usually DIS on my phone, but am actually on the computer this morning.....how long have you had your cute signature with the mickey head? that's adorable!!!

Those Sea Dogs and Sea Water look freakin' delicious to me right now. Is it lunch time yet? STARVING! And THIRSTY! :P

Aaahhhhh, pigs in blanket and blue kool aid---I see you appreciate children's food as much as I do! at 42 years old (that's right, I announced my age) you'd think i'd be choosing healthier options. wait, I think those were low fat crescent rolls I used! :thumbsup2

so, July 8th has come and gone. what was so important about the 8th? well, it was the day I was waiting for, the day I could do online check in for the cruise, the day I could sign up for all the fun things we want to do on board! yes, I was impatiently waiting for that day and, well.....it was sort of a disappointment. after filling out all the paperwork and signing up for the kids club, I started looking at the activities offered and realized there wasn't anything I needed to sign up for. we had decided not to do any extra excursions this time, but rather just enjoy the things already offered on the boat. we are excited about trying the rainforest spa (which you just buy a day pass for, no reservations for a day needed),

oh, yeah....can't wait to try out those heated loungers!

hopefully we'll also get signed up to do a champagne tasting at PINK (also, no early registration).

I mean, who WOULDN'T want to sit, basically, INSIDE a champagne bottle? SSOOOO pretty!

so, anyway....we're back to just more waiting.....oh well. the days ARE going pretty fast. and I have one last sewing project and one iron on left to do to help it go by faster.

some questions.....
*in my research for the champagne tasting, I read somewhere that, if it's offered, there are very limited spaces available (like only 10?). does anyone know if that's right? if so, do they offer it more then once? also, can I ask to sign up at guest services when we board (like right after we board? my plan is to go straight to guest services to drop off items to be signed, get princess tickets, etc. can I sign up right then or do I need to wait until it's in the navigator)? just really hoping we get to do it....

*we are not going to try to reserve a cabana, but i'm sure we'll be looking for some shade at Castaway. are there umbrellas on the beach to rest under? I feel like I saw somewhere that there are, but thought i'd just ask all the cruising pros out there.

next weekend is our second movie night with the X's--be on the lookout for more pictures of crazy named foods!

all pictures found online

Okay, I wish I had answers to all your questions but I am actually taking notes for future reference myself!

Can't wait to see what the next movie night is, you're so good at those!!

hopefully we'll also get signed up to do a champagne tasting at PINK (also, no early registration).
This looks/sounds AMAZING!!! No wonder you want to do it! I would too! Taking notes for my 2018 cruise now! :cutie:

so, anyway....we're back to just more waiting.....oh well. the days ARE going pretty fast. and I have one last sewing project and one iron on left to do to help it go by faster.
Can't wait to see them! I think my iron-on projects are getting done next weekend. I hope they turn out as good as yours do! :goodvibes

next weekend is our second movie night with the X's--be on the lookout for more pictures of crazy named foods!
Yaaay! More kiddy noms to make me hungry looking at them! :laughing:

*in my research for the champagne tasting, I read somewhere that, if it's offered, there are very limited spaces available (like only 10?). does anyone know if that's right? if so, do they offer it more then once? also, can I ask to sign up at guest services when we board (like right after we board? my plan is to go straight to guest services to drop off items to be signed, get princess tickets, etc. can I sign up right then or do I need to wait until it's in the navigator)? just really hoping we get to do it....

We did a mixed drink class but it was a private one, so it was arranged ahead of time- but I THOUGHT (again, just a thought) that you COULD sign up for the tastings on first day. SO I would definitely ask.

*we are not going to try to reserve a cabana, but i'm sure we'll be looking for some shade at Castaway. are there umbrellas on the beach to rest under? I feel like I saw somewhere that there are, but thought i'd just ask all the cruising pros out there.

There honestly is no need to rent a very expensive cabana unless you are really looking for the private cabana experience. There is plenty of shade all around the entire beach. Every two loungers seems to have an umbrella between them. My best advice has always been to get off the ship early and walk farther down the beach away from the boat ...and you should have your pick of prime spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter