Our First Trip to Hilton Head, Y'all! We are SOLD!

We haven't been to HHI in quite some time but this makes me want to start making plans for the near future!!!

Thank you for your awesome trip report! We bought at HHI 12 years ago and I think we have about 15 trips under our belt and I love it more each and every time time we go!

You did a wonderful job sharing the "feel" of the resort. It is just the most relaxing, peaceful place. We have been in the summer, spring and winter and each is unique and beautiful.

We just got back from Savannah yesterday and I am so glad you had such a good visit! We love Savannah and my youngest will start college there in the fall so I think ALL our points will be used at HHI for a few years. How cool is it to be able to give him a weekend at HHI with some friends? Love my DVC!

Happy 4th of July to all!

You know my favorite time to go to HH? Anytime! Actually, we love October..still warm enough to go in the water, not as crowded. We love the beach at Christmas...can't go in, but can go in the pools and love the gray blue skies and the ocean. We go about twice a year. Mostly stay at DVC, sometimes at our Marriott timeshare..going again in July. DOing lots of nothing and loving it. Love Guiseppe's. Love Micheal anthony's. MOst grocery stores double coupons, so bring these to shop. LOve early bird specials for all the retirees and we are not. LOVE HHI. I think it is one of the most underrated DVC properties

Thanks for the great report and especially posting the activities sheet - an extra bonus!

We're going in August and my 12 1/2 year old middle school daughter asked me how close they pay attention to the ages for the kids group activities. She is tall for her age and is worried she'll be older than everyone else in the group (doesn't want to be a baby). All her cousins are older so she is accustomed to being in a slightly older group of kids. Anyone have experiences or advise to share? Thanks.

Thanks for the great report and especially posting the activities sheet - an extra bonus!

We're going in August and my 12 1/2 year old middle school daughter asked me how close they pay attention to the ages for the kids group activities. She is tall for her age and is worried she'll be older than everyone else in the group (doesn't want to be a baby). All her cousins are older so she is accustomed to being in a slightly older group of kids. Anyone have experiences or advise to share? Thanks.

Second the Thank You for the TR..Fantastic:hug:
Love the Activities sheet and the map of Savannah--printed off both for future reference.

Regarding the ages of kids for the programs........I would think they would be flxable. My DD turned 13 in April, and we will be there also in August(21-25), and she would be quite happy with your DD in the group--maybe we'll see you there:yay:

My DS is 12 and 11 months. He just did the "teen" stuff most of the time. I think the "teen" stuff is more geared for the 13 - 15 year-olds to begin with. They never checked the age. We were even honest and told them he was 12. They told us "no problem" every time.

Any "teen" 16 or older is probably going to go on there own and not participate in organized activities.

That was our experience anyhow! DS 12 had a great time!

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement!

We just arrived at SSR today after a 14 hour drive. . . . Look for a new trip report soon.

All I can say about the drive down 95. . . . It was hard not to pull of the HHI exit just to stop by and say hello. . . .Or at the very least. . . "How much to buy 200 points here. . . "
:thumbsup2

Thanks for the information. She will be thrilled. Only 34 days till we arrive - cannot wait! Happy 4th of July to everyone!

*****Final thoughts*******

I could go on and on about how much we hated checking out of HHI. Those who are worried or on the fence about going to something non-WDW. . . All I can say is reread this trip report. I'm hoping that my love of HHI comes through my words and pictures.

I went to HHI worried about my ability to "slow down". . . HHI reminded me WHY I need to slow down and relax on a vacation. It's so easy to get hooked on the "frantic" of WDW. Let's face it, WDW is a BLAST (we're heading to SSR tomorrow for a week vacation). But every now and then you need to be reminded that sometimes the best vacations are the ones where you truly just "let go" and breathe. More importantly, I think it's places like HHI that help us teach our children that it's okay to truly. . . . relax!

Thank goodness I have an amazing wife who really pushed for this vacation. It's why I love her. This was her idea and I am so glad that her inner-radar was right (as always). :worship:

Thank goodness for places like HHI! HHI keeps the "Disney Magic" while subtly reminding you to "relax" and to let the stresses of life go away. The ocean, of course, helps to relax you. But so does the easy going manner of B'Lou and his stories; the smiles and calmness of the cast members; the sights of Spanish Moss hanging off an old oak while you are involved in a great book; the smell of salt water and the marsh; and the way the sun sets over that marsh as two dolphins play in the shimmer of the water.

I still love my WDW, but I will always have a special place in my heart for our first trip to Hilton Head, Y'all![/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for your wonderful trip report! I have tears in my eyes reading your final thoughts....I can't wait until our trip to HHI next June.:lovestruc

Erika

Super trip report.
Thanks for taking the time to put your thoughts, experiences and photos out there for us.
Sometimes a reminder of how pleasant this place can be is a good thing for someone like me.

Y'all come back now!

Thanks for a great TR about one of our "homes" - we love HHI!!!! Actually we usually go Father's Day week when you were all there, but we were instead in WDW as DD's was dancing in MK's parade with Dance the World. And although it was thrilling to watch DD dance down Main St. we all missed our usual trek to HHI. There is just something very special about that resort and the whole island that we just love!!!

It was wonderful seeing all the pics and to see the new improvements - that brick fire pit is new (used to just be a fire ring on the ground) as well as the whole movie under the oaks and the breakfast. Too bad about the breakfast, it could be something really special.

Thanks folks! Glad you enjoyed the trip report! DW and I are at SSR right now. We love this place and this trip is no different! Lots to write about in a new TR coming soon!

I went to HHI worried about my ability to "slow down". . . HHI reminded me WHY I need to slow down and relax on a vacation. It's so easy to get hooked on the "frantic" of WDW. Let's face it, WDW is a BLAST (we're heading to SSR tomorrow for a week vacation). But every now and then you need to be reminded that sometimes the best vacations are the ones where you truly just "let go" and breathe. More importantly, I think it's places like HHI that help us teach our children that it's okay to truly. . . . relax!

We will be spending a week on HHI later this month. Not at the DVC resort, but we may just walk over from Shelter Cove for a Mickey bar. :) We have done a lot of Disney over the past few years. We've never been commando types, but still it is an active vacation which seemed to work well when our kids were younger. I am so looking forward to a relaxing week...walks on the beach whenever we'd like, not setting an alarm clock to make RD, deciding what to do and where to eat that day instead of months in advance. Can't wait! Of course I'm still looking forward to Disney later this year, but HHI will be a nice change of pace.

Here's a link to One Hot Mama's http://onehotmamas.com/

Be sure to click on the "Menu" page! I'm still trying to figure out exactely HOW she makes the buns for her pulled pork sandwich. . . .Amazing!

We ate at One Hot Momma's for the first time on 7/6/2011 for a late lunch. I had high hopes from what I'd read here and because they are a part of the Serg group which operates other restaurants on the Island that we enjoy. We won't go back. The service was mediocre and inattentive at best; the food was lacking in depth (I had the pulled pork sandwich, one of their signature items; my husband had a hamburger - ok, I have to be reasonable with my expectations for that); and the dining room was dirty. We eat in that "bar-muda triangle" area frequently at Reilly's and Jump and Phil's. Momma's was a disappointment. :confused3

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement!

We just arrived at SSR today after a 14 hour drive. . . . Look for a new trip report soon.

All I can say about the drive down 95. . . . It was hard not to pull of the HHI exit just to stop by and say hello. . . .Or at the very least. . . "How much to buy 200 points here. . . "
:thumbsup2

Have funn at SSR and WDW.

We went to HHI in May, came home and found a 200 point resale contract in our use year. Paid $40 a point, just waiting for the closing to go through and plan our trip for next summer.

Have funn at SSR and WDW.

We went to HHI in May, came home and found a 200 point resale contract in our use year. Paid $40 a point, just waiting for the closing to go through and plan our trip for next summer.

I know. . . .It is SOOOOOO tempting. . . . . A small price to pay for YEARS of great vacations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter